Binge Eater is game destroying

I can confirm that as long as the binge eater is stressed they will consume more than the extra 4000 Calories/Cycle.

Ive only had the game for a few days and the biggest killer at the beginning for me was stress and more importantly the binge eaters who would eat 3 days worth of supplies in one day (I accept every dupe in all my play-throughs so they were eating easily up to 50,000 Calories and as i produced more they ate it

But Kasuha is correct, if you prepare for it i.e use paintings above a bed, stress tables or even just cleaning the stuff off of the floor, then usually you will never encounter a binge eater eating all of your food. I never have more than 30% stress now and only my living quarters has paintings and statues. If you do not want to build stuff for decor just lock the binge eater in a 16 block room with 4 paintings, they cannot get to your food supply. I am pretty sure they will destress naturally and then you can just let them out.

thats a good w

10 hours ago, Kasuha said:

There are two things about binge eaters I didn't realize before:

- binge eater gets a "well fed" buff so he actually is losing stress over time while he eats. 

- if you watch the binge eater (follow cam) he gets the "center of attention" buff that reduces his stress

its a good way to circumvent this issue but the fact that they can eat 100x the volume of their body weight in a span of 2 days is absurd, there's no arguing that.  100% stress I can understand can give some challenges and throw you some obstacles but with its current state, its a game breaker.

People who keep saying that if you just keep the stress down its not a problem you're just a bad player are being ridiculous. Its not like this is a complaint about a dupe eating enough for 3 people. This is a dupe decimating entire food stores in one sitting. That does not line up with literally anything else in the game. There is no other stress reaction that is that bad. And it doesn't make sense in any way. Just because it isn't effecting you personally does not mean it is not broken. Stop trying to shut down genuine discussion of issues.

10 hours ago, Morfeo said:

last time one of my "guys" start to eat, I lock him inside a sealed prison. he died. 

Bad people doesn't deserve a buried body. they will just rot on the floor. :D JK

WhatsApp Image 2017-05-31 at 23.55.32.jpeg

Hahaha did you make sure the room had a high Decor value? 

4 hours ago, Firebee said:

People who keep saying that if you just keep the stress down its not a problem you're just a bad player are being ridiculous. Its not like this is a complaint about a dupe eating enough for 3 people. This is a dupe decimating entire food stores in one sitting. That does not line up with literally anything else in the game. There is no other stress reaction that is that bad. And it doesn't make sense in any way. Just because it isn't effecting you personally does not mean it is not broken. Stop trying to shut down genuine discussion of issues.

I agree that it is gamebreaking if a destructive person was one shotting everything they hit then it would be similar in scale, the fact that it says they eat 4000 calories more versus the fact they eat an unlimited time more is the problem with binge eaters, I think I have a theory as to why this happens.

The person binge eating is losing stress because they are binge eating, but they are being stressed by the primary cause of this stress, i.e they are probably sitting at your microbe musher or ration box in a low decor area, or surrounded by other stress factors which counteract the stress loss from stress eating, thus leading to the "I will eat everything" issue that everyone will have had happen at some point.

I think it is way too destructive too quickly. I had a dupe eat >40k Calories in less than a day. And there was no lowering the stress either. No interrupting. Wouldn't go to a massage table prior even when navigated to. I understand a punishment, but there was literally nothing that you could do to stop, or get the dupe to destress first. And also, it gave no benefit to eat and the stress just stayed at 100% until my food stores were entirely depleted.

Way, way too much. That colony is effectively dead

The argument that Binge-Eating isn't overpowered because dupes should never reach 100% Stress is absurd. Using that same argument, I could say that a Dupe nuking your entire colony at 100% Stress isn't OP.

But yes, I agree: Binge-Eating is currently the nastiest Stress Break in the game, by far.

On 2017-5-29 at 10:15 PM, Kasuha said:

and if you forget there is a Consumables menu where you can prevent the eater eating at all, then you're really playing the game wrong.

If you are not familiar with the problem that is discussed, it's better to say nothing at all.

This OBVIOUSLY doesn't work. I don't know if it is intended to not work or a bug, but the binge eater ignores this list when he is doing his business. Changing diets in the consumables menu will most likely be the first reaction of every single player who encounters a binge eater binge eating, including me. When I turned of every food item for the binge eater, he didn't gave a damn and just continued eating everything.

I survived, but only because I stored my food in a fridge in an area with paintings and such (the fridge itself gives positive decor too), so after the binge eater was finished binge eating his stress was way down.

Archived