Could we organize something to increase our numbers here on the forums? Entice new users to stick around longer?

TheKingDedede

While it isn't a bad thing, per se, I only ever see art threads, story threads, and threads where a user asks how a mechanic works in a game nowadays (Threads asking questions about how something works are usually centered around DS and DST, however). Maybe if we had a way to get the community together and increase our numbers? I notice that on the Terraria forums, that they have their own newspaper (In a sense), organize community events, and the Creation Compendium, where numerous pieces of art are displayed from various users and prizes are even given out to winners from time to time. There are also events where Re-Logic and some other company (So far, from my memory, Dungeon Defenders II and Chivalry) collaborate together and get both communities from each game involved. Although I completely understand if the members of this forum would be against collaborations where it introduces a new character into a Klei game. It would be difficult to get a character from another game to fit in with the style of Don't Starve or Oxygen Not Included, and it would be difficult to explain story-wise how these new characters appeared into the world. Although mods do fill that role.

So, I guess I just wanted to suggest community organized events and maybe collaborations. Might not be possible, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

I'm all up with the idea! Perhaps some tasks to do and then winners are awarded with Loyal/Timeless skins. However I think all Klei employees develop the game. So maybe there should be a group of users that realize the events. Either some new employees or volunteering users.

Archived