cant get beyond 30 or so cycles in ONI

On 5/28/2017 at 3:41 AM, glitchster9000 said:

Never ever use algae deoxidizers. [...] But you shouldn't let your O2 levels get low because you'll need 6 terrariums to keep 3 people alive

Thanks for this!

OK I think i got a handle on the very beginning of the game. My next major question, MY dups are happy fed and as long as I have resources from the start zone I'm sitting pretty.              

What Next?   How fast do I need to expand to other regions of the map? What general strategy do i need to follow? etc.. 

3 hours ago, Haivland said:

What Next?   How fast do I need to expand to other regions of the map? What general strategy do i need to follow? etc.. 

The available general target is sustainability. Change your base so it can last forever. That means, you need to harness at least one steam geyser to get infinite supply of clean water. Get rid of machines using sand and deal with the pollution other ways. Food expectations of your dupes will grow, so you need to switch to at least standard(0) quality food, at least Gristle Berry. But for that you need a cooled farm and a cooking station. For even better food, you need to grow Pincha Peppers, that requires a heated farm. For that you need power, so you may want to harness some NG geysers. That will increase your pollution though, so you also need to deal with that.

17 hours ago, glitchster9000 said:

I actually get bored after cycle 150 and have infinite o2, infinite power, infinite food, and I'm evaporating polluted water into steam to go back into my fresh water storage to ween myself off of sand.  At that point I usually have 5-6 dudes.  Is there something to discover after you have pepper plants at this point of the game build?

Have you every tried accepting every duplicate? With only 5 or 6 I would also be bored as I have that on cycle 9 and then I would sit doing hardly anything, I am currently on cycle 86 with 31 duplicates.

@Haivland Congrats on making it to Cycle 60! Keep at it! IF you havn't already I would suggest trying to get a fairly large amount of polluted water and storing it, 1 pump is sufficient to water at least 25 (I only have 25 planters at the moment) Hydroponic Tiles, If you are worried about keeping the pressure correct I would suggest making it so you can only access the room from the top and pump it full of CO2, if you can keep it at the correct temperature this will give you enough food to last a long time, and the food wont rot as it is in a sterile atmosphere. 

@Kashua I have seen so many of your posts and the knowledge you have is top notch, so many of your replies on posts have helped so many people. Keep being awesome. 

23 hours ago, glitchster9000 said:

I actually get bored after cycle 150 and have infinite o2, infinite power, infinite food, and I'm evaporating polluted water into steam to go back into my fresh water storage to ween myself off of sand.  At that point I usually have 5-6 dudes.  Is there something to discover after you have pepper plants at this point of the game build?

It's a sandbox. You play till you go mad.

52 minutes ago, cpy said:

It's a sandbox. You play till you go mad.

You play until you have consumed every available resource on the asteroid and achieved perfect equilibrium sustaining your population forever. Which I guess is the same thing. :D

3 hours ago, cpy said:

Is there something to discover after you have pepper plants at this point of the game build?

Probably not, one possible advice is to stop playing/slow down to not be frustrated. When i'm playing a game in Early access, and feel i reach a "end" i try to stop before i feel bored, so i keep my pleasure to play with the next update. No point to play too much.

Even for the devs it could be useful to know that players stop having fun after a point, (and you did a feedback so it's great), so even stopping playing is part of an EA.

Archived