The Science of Tentacle Reproduction

Is this even important?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Is it?

• Yes, extremely.
    • I don't want to give an answer.

You may see tentacles as just something that slaps you in the swamp. But apparently, tentacles have a way of reproducing. Not that this works in-game (besides On Tentacles, you cannot make more tentacles), but we do know from character quotes that tentacle spots are the genitalia.

So how do they reproduce?

It's probably not sexual. There is no male or female tentacle, just one tentacle with the same spots.

It could be like a flower. The tentacle spots could be like flowers, where they use some type of bug to carry sex cells to another spot, probably on another tentacle. However, no bug really can do this. Mosquitos can't get close before getting killed. Neither can bees if bees were even around the area.

It is probably something like fungi. Giant tentacles could be all connected in some way, and use tentacle spots to bud and produce new tentacles, where they surface in marshes. 

So how do you think tentacles reproduce? Maybe it's some way we don't even know about.

ooeXI2W.png

dWrs1Lc.png

NyFUX0C.png

hrFS5wr.png

Just now, CatBurger said:

It is probably something like fungi. Giant tentacles could be all connected in some way, and use tentacle spots to bud and produce new tentacles, where they surface in marshes. 

So how do you think tentacles reproduce? Maybe it's some way we don't even know about.

That would explain why there are so few large and so many off of the large. Still don't understand why wickerbottem hates eating roasted birchnuts a minute to old but is fine wearing tentacle genitalia on her head and body

You see, when a wickerbottom wants to kill a bee queen really badly, she goes out to the swamp and kills tentacles. She turns the tentacle spots into books, which multiply their numbers significantly. The tentacles' sole means of reproducing is via Wickerbottom making books out of their genitalia.

11 hours ago, CatBurger said:
  1. ooeXI2W.pngNyFUX0C.png
  2. hrFS5wr.png
  1. Ariel thoughts sinking in.pngWhat the heck was MAxwell thinking when he made Tentacles... Was he bored?! I'm... I'm still trying to sink in this information but damn am I disturbed.
  2. Uh... IS Woodie hiding something from Lucy?:wilson_shocked:
11 hours ago, ModdedPan said:

You see, when a wickerbottom wants to kill a bee queen really badly, she goes out to the swamp and kills tentacles. She turns the tentacle spots into books, which multiply their numbers significantly. The tentacles' sole means of reproducing is via Wickerbottom making books out of their genitalia.

Did you take this from Wilson's personal notes on Wickerbottom?:wilson_sneaky:

Archived