Strange New Miscellaneous - atkvin DST fanart

hihi I got too into DST lately so I'll be uploading some art(mostly trad bcos im too laz/tired to digital xo) here from time to time!

Might try redraw some of these properly online but in the meantime enjoy this first batch; don't be surprised if most are just unsubtle suggestions ;d

battle_beaver_by_silverrio-dba97z3.jpg

firestarter_knows_how_to_firefight_by_si

http://pre01.deviantart.net/a9bd/th/pre/f/2017/143/c/e/beaver_meds_by_silverrio-dba5yrj.jpg

Edited by Atkvin
  • Like 9

51 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Battle beaver's link seems to be broken. Otherwise, good work! I can't wait to see more. It has a manga-esque touch.

Is Them pulling on Willow on the first pic?

Ah, thanks for telling me! Everything seems to be working fine for me, but I did encounter some problems uploading the link before, so I'll take your word for it. Does it work now?

Also, you can see details of the image in the link by opening it in a new tab! The Willow picture was an idea of how she, as a firestarter, would know how to put out fires as well, by stomping them out though at the cost of her pyromaniac sanity.

Thanks for the support to both you and Dragon <3

Edited by Atkvin
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Atkvin said:

battle_beaver_by_silverrio-dba97z3.jpg

Yup, I see it now. Kind of looks like a puppy fetching a stick.:wilson_ecstatic:

By the way, Klei has a image uploader, and you can use the uploader to reply back to people too with the art you've already submitted. I use the "Insert existing attatchment" tool for reaction pics and whatnot. So you don't have to repost a deviantart link. Sometimes Deviantart links/embing break links.

28 minutes ago, Atkvin said:

Also, you can see details of the image in the link by opening it in a new tab! The Willow picture was an idea of how she, as a firestarter, would know how to put out fires as well, by stomping them out though at the cost of her pyromaniac sanity.

Ahhh, okay. Explaining it now makes me see what you were going for. The perspective on the piece looked like she was either being grabbed or running forward.

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 1

On 5/26/2017 at 1:36 AM, reowwwwwww said:

atkvin, did you finish the werebeaver

ah, you mean the digital art I posted on another thread? Nope, sorry. Been pretty busy and burnt out on digital again recently.

On a brighter note, here's update 1!

at_least_she_lives_by_silverrio-dbak0wc.

who_wears_it_better_by_silverrio-dbak0la

week_of_willow_preview_by_silverrio-dbak

hunt_survival_by_silverrio-dbajz7e.jpg

Edited by Atkvin
  • Like 7

On 5/26/2017 at 1:36 AM, reowwwwwww said:

atkvin, did you finish the werebeaver?

Werewolf DST.png

werewolves in the morning

im, tired right now.. i drafted a version with full body and it looked weird so here we are lol disembodied buds

question not the artist's life choices in spending half an hour replicating the logo for no particular reason

Edited by Atkvin
  • Like 5

On 5/26/2017 at 10:22 PM, Atkvin said:
  1. who_wears_it_better_by_silverrio-dbak0la
  2. week_of_willow_preview_by_silverrio-dbak
  3. hunt_survival_by_silverrio-dbajz7e.jpg
  1. Yay! Wilton art!
  2. Huh, interesting doodle with Willow. Love the little spectulation on temperature you added.
  3. Took me a bit of time to realize he was holding a hammer. Love the worried Wilson in the back.
15 hours ago, Atkvin said:

Werewolf DST.png

The pink linework is a interesting touch. Also, good work with lighting. The eyes in the background has a sense of intrigue.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

Took me a bit of time to realize he was holding a hammer. Love the worried Wilson in the back.

For further context, this was just a doodle messing around with my idea of a gamemode from my post on game events.

An idea of an end goal I had was to require players to destroy stagehands scattered across the pitch black world. When the stagehand is attacked, Charlie will notice and arrive with her 'whoosh' sound, commenting/giving lore on the character as she begins summoning hordes to attack them. As someone hammers the stagehand, someone else must keep it illuminated to prevent Charlie from attacking as well as incapacitate the shadow hand under it, while yet more people must fend off incoming hordes. its wild

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

The pink linework is a interesting touch. Also, good work with lighting. The eyes in the background has a sense of intrigue.

They also appear when in darkness when your sanity is low, in line with the poor Werebeaver slowly going insane. Mr Skits is also back there behind a tree!

Thanks for the feedback!

EDIT: I just realized from your post the first image(Wendy)was missing. Think I'll have to just upload the images directly to prevent this happening again.

Edited by Atkvin
  • Like 2

In memory of June One hype, I present an impromptu update 3 that was really just doodles of skins themed around Thulecite. If it isn't evident, I was really struggling past the first few and just aghhh lol

IMG_-jw3w8.jpgIMG_grtzgj.jpg

Edited by Atkvin
  • Like 5