Suggestion for napsack balance

So, mechanically, napsack is indeed an inferior pan flute right now. I thought of something that could just make it more useful and in-balance with something like the pan flute...

How about instead of being thrown at opponents like the water balloon, you squeeze it for its effect? The range would be quite short, but would activate quicker in the direction you splurt it in (I mean, it is a "napSACK" and not a "napsplat" after all). It would hence have durability, which could be of something like 20 or 30. For the sake of balance, it would not be refuelable and you would lose it upon using it up.

With this, I can actually see it being used here and there, while still making the pan flute useful as an alternative for a field of enemies instead.

6 hours ago, Lumpa1227 said:

I saw this thread earlier let the item be it's slightly better and I rather not have another hand AOE I won't use now it's another Projectile  item I won't use that's called variety of useless junk

It's rather useful to multiply into more shroom skins with a deconstruction staff, seems like a fine item to me, makes entities sleep too

2 hours ago, Mantas said:

It's rather useful to multiply into more shroom skins with a deconstruction staff, seems like a fine item to me, makes entities sleep too

Or how bout the item does its job somewhat ok deconstruction doesn't really count with how far away to get it anyway when you have an item that can't do its job you fail plain and simple

5 hours ago, Lumpa1227 said:

Or how bout the item does its job somewhat ok deconstruction doesn't really count with how far away to get it anyway when you have an item that can't do its job you fail plain and simple

Simple solution - Don't Fail Together :^>

2 hours ago, Mantas said:

Simple solution - Don't Fail Together :^>

Most players have thumbs in there mouths  you have to realize that the top 1% of players are going to be able to use the staff method because only the top 1% of players can actually pull off doing what I'm  saying we need something more broad that everybody can do so the developers should get the item to do it actual job and not of a Goldberg machine

8 hours ago, Lumpa1227 said:

Most players have thumbs in there mouths  you have to realize that the top 1% of players are going to be able to use the staff method because only the top 1% of players can actually pull off doing what I'm  saying we need something more broad that everybody can do so the developers should get the item to do it actual job and not of a Goldberg machine

there is definitely more than 1% of players, cuz people learn things after a while, anyone can access to these kind of things, tho it's a risk you must take for, or just don't even bother about it. I mean, Misery Toadstool was meant for a challenge, by getting something more to utility, like a napsack. I can't complain too much, I like new things with new abilities.

Archived