Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Shirelagel

Farming for MealLice Seeds

Recommended Posts

Shirelagel    2

I'm sure if I am doing something wrong, or if it is a bug. But, I have a farm with hydroponic tiles, getting 100% polluted water and fertilizer, trying to grow meal lice and get seeds. But even with (as far as I can tell) perfect conditions, they only got into the low 60's in quality, which was not enough to get seeds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Masterpintsman    196

For meal lice I use normal farm tiles (which use fertilizer only), keep them at good pressure (1kg+) and try to stay within ideal temperature - excellent yield isn't a problem and I drown in seeds for them.

Currently the conditions are not that accessible for the plants (which I hope will be fixed as some point), rule of thumb for temperature seems to be to aim for the middle of what is listed as minimal growing conditions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Risu    209
1 hour ago, Shirelagel said:

I'm sure if I am doing something wrong, or if it is a bug. But, I have a farm with hydroponic tiles, getting 100% polluted water and fertilizer, trying to grow meal lice and get seeds. But even with (as far as I can tell) perfect conditions, they only got into the low 60's in quality, which was not enough to get seeds.

With water, fertilizer, and I assume ideal air pressure, the best you can hope for is 75% harvest rating on final harvest excluding possible delays for harvesting. Need ideal temperature for 100% harvest rating at final harvest.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lifegrow    175
21 minutes ago, Risu said:

With water, fertilizer, and I assume ideal air pressure, the best you can hope for is 75% harvest rating on final harvest excluding possible delays for harvesting. Need ideal temperature for 100% harvest rating at final harvest.
 

I can very much second this - best i've managed is high 98's as the very action of having dupes enter my "grow room" to fertilize/harvest plants is both releasing co2 and consuming my oxygen - leading to fluctuations in pressure. Probably can be avoided in some clever way, but I haven't figured it out yet :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Risu    209
1 minute ago, Lifegrow said:

I can very much second this - best i've managed is high 98's as the very action of having dupes enter my "grow room" to fertilize/harvest plants is both releasing co2 and consuming my oxygen - leading to fluctuations in pressure. Probably can be avoided in some clever way, but I haven't figured it out yet :p

Thankfully only need 80% to get the most from it. The rest is just insurance. ;)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lifegrow    175
Just now, Risu said:

Thankfully only need 80% to get the most from it. The rest is just insurance. ;)
 

Yeah, but let's face it - who isn't aiming for 100 really  :p

I figured if I can 100% mealwoods, which for some reason have the strictest margins, the rest should be easy.... how wrong I was :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xuhybrid    21

The hardest one to get is probably temperature. That's the one that pushes it over 80. You can always turn off auto harvest and let them reach 80 before you harvest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xuhybrid    21
11 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

I can very much second this - best i've managed is high 98's as the very action of having dupes enter my "grow room" to fertilize/harvest plants is both releasing co2 and consuming my oxygen - leading to fluctuations in pressure. Probably can be avoided in some clever way, but I haven't figured it out yet :p 

Yeah i blame the filthy dupes spewing CO2 over my farm tiles. How dare they!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kasuha    473
Just now, Xuhybrid said:

Yeah i blame the filthy dupes spewing CO2 over my farm tiles. How dare they!

All my plants are bathing in pure CO2. Nothing can disturb that, every other gas is lighter and goes up towards the entrance where it gets pumped out and replaced by more CO2 from supply pipe. And dupes can hold their breath long enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lifegrow    175
3 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

All my plants are bathing in pure CO2. Nothing can disturb that, every other gas is lighter and goes up towards the entrance where it gets pumped out and replaced by more CO2 from supply pipe. And dupes can hold their breath long enough.

I'm literally building rooms based off CO2 rather than oxygen as you posted this. 

Whilst my oxygen mealwoods room looks damn clean, it's adding a new element of difficulty...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vilda    157

I had success with PO2, because there is just a ton of it, thanks to infinite generation from PW (really hope they introduce a cap on that) but we shall see how stable it will be in long term.

20170520155338_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites