Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

AER22

Don't Starve crashes when starting

AER22    0

Bug Submission

Please choose a category
*Pick the option that fits the issue the most. Ideally use this in your thread title aswell*

[Crash

Platform
* Pick your platform. For instance, standalone on Mac is also possible.*

• Steam

• Do you use mods?

no
    Version Number
     I installed it today. I don't understand the question.

*Press backspace whilst into the Steam/standalone version*

Issue title
     When starting I get the black screen in window-mode where Loading is written in the lower left corner. Then with luck I get the menu and some music or nothing at all and I get this: "dontstarve_steam.exe doesn't work anymore. Searching for a problem" (in German, so there could be some translation errors).

*What the actual bug is*

Steps to reproduce
    Starting the game
  • Describe your issue
  • As described above.
  • I have Win10 (all updates installed) and so far I tried updating the driver, verifying the integrity of game files, reinstalling DXSetup and VCRedist, stopping my anti-virus, running it as administrator and in compatibility mode for win 8 and win 7, deleting the content of the mod-folder and checking if i did subscribe to any mods (I did not). Also I restarded the whole computer. As far as I'm aware  I don't know a lot about computers and this was all my Google-fu could provide. Please help :) If I need to tell something else, please ask.
  • Graphics: Radeon RX 460
  • Procsessor: AMD FX-4300 Quad Core 3,8 GHz
  • 8GB RAM

JanH    3,212

Hey there, sorry for the inconvenience - if you verify your game cache, that should resolve the issue. Should the issue persist though, please let us know and we will investigate further.

AER22    0

I already did this twice. It still crashes.