[Game Update] - 217565

Please fix dupes dropping stuff immediately when "move to" is clicked. Should drop when reaching destination like before. Also, why is green output and white input now? Was reversed before ag update.

1 hour ago, Eep said:

Please fix dupes dropping stuff immediately when "move to" is clicked. Should drop when reaching destination like before.

As of now it's intended behavior since the Move To command interrupts their current job. I don't think it's a problem with Move To, but they do that when they get interrupted by eating, sleeping, or toilet visit too, which turns out to be a problem so there was a promise from devs that they'll reconsider it.

1 hour ago, Eep said:

Also, why is green output and white input now? Was reversed before ag update.

It was inconsistent, on power grid producers were green and consumers white, pipes were reversed. Devs decided to unify it this way. It's not hard to get used to it.

1 hour ago, Kasuha said:

As of now it's intended behavior since the Move To command interrupts their current job. I don't think it's a problem with Move To, but they do that when they get interrupted by eating, sleeping, or toilet visit too, which turns out to be a problem so there was a promise from devs that they'll reconsider it.

Dupes dropping things right after being issued a "move to" command makes it ANNOYINGLY frustrating trying to move ANYTHING to a specific place (without having to build damn storage containers everywhere). Stupid decision!

And the other stupid decision: allowing diagonal digging/building but removing diagonal sweep. Uh...consistency please, devs...

9 minutes ago, Eep said:

makes it ANNOYINGLY frustrating trying to move ANYTHING to a specific place (without having to build damn storage containers everywhere).

And why would you need to use that "everywhere"? I can understand you can need to do that e.g. to feed hatches but for that the compactor is actually benefitial. Piling materials on the ground is apparently not the way the game is meant to be played.

12 minutes ago, Eep said:

And the other stupid decision: allowing diagonal digging/building but removing diagonal sweep. Uh...consistency please, devs...

I don't see anything wrong about it. Building is to let players build walls and wires and pipes into them without need of a lot of micromanagement. It was meant to work that way. Reaching into containers through walls was not intended feature so it was removed.

I understand you don't like it, I was using these "features" too and found them convenient. But that doesn't mean getting rid of them was a stupid decision. It drives players towards finding better solutions.

55 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

And why would you need to use that "everywhere"? I can understand you can need to do that e.g. to feed hatches but for that the compactor is actually benefitial. Piling materials on the ground is apparently not the way the game is meant to be played.

Mainly I move seeds around and they need to be placed on specific tiles or else the stupid game combines them or teleports them INTO a tile.

55 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

I don't see anything wrong about it. Building is to let players build walls and wires and pipes into them without need of a lot of micromanagement. It was meant to work that way. Reaching into containers through walls was not intended feature so it was removed.

I understand you don't like it, I was using these "features" too and found them convenient. But that doesn't mean getting rid of them was a stupid decision. It drives players towards finding better solutions.

It's simply inconsistent gameplay design. If the game is going to let the player cheat by building/digging diagonally, it should also allow diagonal sweeping. There aren't better solutions; just frustrating workarounds that make the game LESS fun.