Hello folks,

Not sure if this has been posted/suggested already - if so sorry about that.

I'd like to suggest an intermediate step between manual harvest and auto harvest - or rather a renaming of functions...

Auto Harvest ON - Crops will be harvested as per priority as and when the crop is mature.

Auto Harvest Off - No action is taken automatically when crop reaches maturity / removes "Auto Harvest ON"

Manual/Forced Harvest - A single forced harvest to allow a one off harvest as/when it's required.

Right now i'm working on a perfect growing room for mealwoods - and sometimes I want them to be harvested only when I choose them to be. Having to toggle "Auto Harvest" on or off every time is a bit of a ball acher until the room is stable - so the option to force a few single harvests here and there would be a nice quality of life change (especially considering the amount of fine tuning the crops require at the moment).

As ever, just a suggestion - hope it makes sense.

It has been suggested during closed testing too so you have my full support but it didn't find its way to the game. Getting rid of game crashing bugs was more important I guess, hopefully we can get some more QoL improvements after it's been released.

Another slightly uncomfortable thing which I'm not sure if is still there is, a newly planted seed had always its harvest setting reset to auto harvest, regardless on setting of the plant that was in the box before. Turns to quite a lot of micromanagement as your plants get gradually out of sync.

If you use farming tiles or even hydroponic farms, you always want to have auto harvest on. The plants are using fertilizer and irrigation while they're ready for harvest without increasing nutritional value of the harvest so you want the period for which they wait for harvest to be as short as possible. Unless you swim in fertilizer and need to destroy a lot of polluted water, which is achievable state.

1 hour ago, Kasuha said:

It has been suggested during closed testing too so you have my full support but it didn't find its way to the game. Getting rid of game crashing bugs was more important I guess, hopefully we can get some more QoL improvements after it's been released.

Another slightly uncomfortable thing which I'm not sure if is still there is, a newly planted seed had always its harvest setting reset to auto harvest, regardless on setting of the plant that was in the box before. Turns to quite a lot of micromanagement as your plants get gradually out of sync.

If you use farming tiles or even hydroponic farms, you always want to have auto harvest on. The plants are using fertilizer and irrigation while they're ready for harvest without increasing nutritional value of the harvest so you want the period for which they wait for harvest to be as short as possible. Unless you swim in fertilizer and need to destroy a lot of polluted water, which is achievable state.

Yeah but for screenshot purposes, i wanted to have my entire crop glowing and sparkling and humming at me :D 

Archived