Shower/sleeping tweeks

I have been enjoying this game so far except for a few things, some of my duplicant's cant get clean in my showers due to wondering off to do other tasks as well as a duplicant that has to use the restroom while they are supposed to be sleeping. I purpose that for the showers that they are required to finish taking the shower before they can move on since normally we people don't take showers and midway leave and then never go back to it and just stay "dirty/not fully washed". For the night problem perhaps have a way to try force them to use it before sleeping so it wont impede their sleep or make it so you can have them use the restroom on a non-full bladder to try control when they go.

1 hour ago, glitchster9000 said:

Yea, I have no idea why my shower isn't working anymore (since the new update) either.  They hop in for 1 whole second then run off.  They're still grimy.

Check your pipes, perhaps the output pipe is full?

My guy runs and builds one pipe, then runs to the shower for 1 sec runs to build 1 section of pipe and takes another 1 second shower.  He has a lot of pipe to make, so he'll be taking a lot of showers.  He's only touching pure oxygen and no water between here and there.  That's with pipes being 9 priority.

Shower length is determined by how much water is stored in the line going to that shower. What I like to do is have a lot of slack in the line going to the input using up a much space as I can. I've used up to 8-10 tiles of pipes making S curves until it reaches the Shower input. Here's an example. Ignore the rest. Its out of date.

bathroom.jpg

As you can see the shower line is empty. Its always going to run out of water the quickest when there is only 1 in use with the Dupes always dirty. If there's more the line to the Showers with get more water reserved.

One thing I do wish is that the total length a Dupe takes to take a Shower was halved. Dupes use the Shower 2-4 times as long as they use the toilet.

I tried it in the image and it didn't work, but now they take1.5 second showers instead of 1 second showers.

They don't even use up a whole glob of water in that amount of time.  Oh, actually they use 2, but it's really delayed.  There's something definitely wrong with the shower.

I even tried a straight shot, then I tried a straight shot with a valve, but you can't increase pressure beyond the max 10kg.

showerbug2.png

showerbug3.png

Archived