Did the game just double in difficulty?

Cycle 11 and my dudes are freaking out with 71 stress.  The 2 massage tables at 9 priority and have power have never been used.  CO2 is creeping up and there is no food in the ration box.  I lived longer my first try without knowing anything haha.  My electrolyzer is being constructed, but I think it's a little too late.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?  (Not complaining, just wondering)

Haha.  I modified the job listing at the very beginning.

That's just messed up.

Why would that even be an option to disable?

Why does it take a tinkering skill to receive a massage?

It makes no sense at all.

Well, my dudes still starved in the end.

How did you manage to starve them on cycle 10?

Usually you should find plenty enough of muckroot (should you direct your dupes to dig the tiles with buried stuff) or some hatches to kill - unless you had a binge eater, which offer sudden starvation for the colony in case they get stressed out...

Haha, yea I didn't have very many mealwood seeds at the start.  It was the binge eater that lived the longest.  And I also had a mouth-breather...

That was a very bad mix.  I didn't think it would have been that big of a problem, but not being able to receive massages for 10 days was the match that lit that bonfire.

The binge eater was at 50% the beginning of day 10 and his decor need was -20...

I have no idea how he got so high so fast.  The last colonist died on day 16.  I only had 1 section of oxygen to dig into, other than that I blocked off my 4 starting rooms I make and expand down from there.  He must have been the only one digging underwater because he was the highest.  No pollution at all in my base.  He ate everything in my base in 2 days before my plants even matured.

Underwater is now very serious for stress. Low Oxygen (10%), Chilly Air (10%), Soaking Wet (20%), Inevitably low decor (10-20%) and anything else they might have. Avoid continuous exposure to deep water. Do not even leave liquid lying around, Wet Feet (10%).

You can remove Soaking Wet with a shower (dupes always bring a towel)

The game got easier. By cycle 20 i was pretty stable and by cycle 30 i had solid O2 production and mealwood farming at Excellent. Maybe i just know what i'm doing though because i spent a couple cycles putting up paintings and sculptures.

?id=928396245

8 hours ago, Moggles said:

Underwater is now very serious for stress. Low Oxygen (10%), Chilly Air (10%), Soaking Wet (20%), Inevitably low decor (10-20%) and anything else they might have. Avoid continuous exposure to deep water. Do not even leave liquid lying around, Wet Feet (10%).

You can remove Soaking Wet with a shower (dupes always bring a towel)

pretty much because of this. They increase the stress modifier hence making your dupe more vulnerable to stress.

And yes, always mop liquid (clean/polluted) on your walking tile.

Another things to note, they nerf the massage table efficiency, so dupe need more time in the table.

And since massage table now use electricity, when you still using hamster wheel as your main electricity source this also creating a little snowball effect where in order to use the massage table, you also need another dupe to run and fill the power.

This will halt your colony progression

Archived