[Game Update] - 217524

On Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 8:22 AM, __orange said:

I don't think there is a relation between ONI alpha appreciation and alchemy pod. The ONI alpha appreciation is only because of the price is lower than alpha now. If Klei made it a loyal reward, its rarity should be loyal, and give it to all ONI players including them who brought ONI in early access.

I prefer  a loyal skin for ONI like RoG and SW.

• Like 2

• Developer
1 hour ago, 359368170 said:

I prefer  a loyal skin for ONI like RoG and SW.

Thing is though, RoG and SW can still be bought and the gift redeemed. A Loyal gift for who played ONI's Alpha only wouldn't really be fair, unless it was available for everyone who bought ONI at any given time date.

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

A Loyal gift for who played ONI's Alpha only wouldn't really be fair

I guess someone forgot about the bottomless pit. Klei has already done pretty much exactly that already.

Although I'd prefer it if the skin was given away like ROG and SW so it was more widely available.

• Like 3

• Developer
22 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I guess someone forgot about the bottomless pit. Klei has already done pretty much exactly that already.

Well, the difference is that DST was in EA for a long time before that skin was available. A lot of people would buy games in Beta or EA but not in Alpha like ONI was. Still, I see your point, but I believe doing it for ONI would be a bit more unfair than for DST.

• Like 2

I sincerely hope that Klei doesn't release a skin for ONI in DST, because gamewise they are not really related. For me ONI is a game I would never play, because it is just not my type of game and therefore I don't want to buy it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Well, the difference is that DST was in EA for a long time before that skin was available. a lot of people would buy games in Beta or EA bu not  in Alpha like ONI was. Still, I see your point, but I believe doing it for ONI would be a bit more unfair than for DST.

Unfair? I'd say! ONI was kept secret on the forums, with people barely even knowing about its existence. I'm sure a lot of NON forum people would have loved to buy the alpha, but now they can't get it because it was basically hidden the whole time. A beta participation reward would be much better IMO.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, disies said:

I sincerely hope that Klei doesn't release a skin for ONI in DST, because gamewise they are not really related.

Too late. The new alchemy engine skin seems to be a mix of the DS and ONI styles.

1 hour ago, disies said:

For me ONI is a game I would never play, because it is just not my type of game and therefore I don't want to buy it.

Well luckily for you it's not directly attached to ONI and exists as a normal drop. And even if it was attached to ONI, it's not like you'd be forced into buying it just because of a single little skin. Well, not unless you're a super, die-hard skin collector. But if that was the case you would have likely thrown away a lot of money at the Klei store and Steam marketplace anyway.

7 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Well, the difference is that DST was in EA for a long time before that skin was available. A lot of people would buy games in Beta or EA but not in Alpha like ONI was. Still, I see your point, but I believe doing it for ONI would be a bit more unfair than for DST.

Also, it's a bad thing (for me at least) to encourage people buying game in alpha in the hope for skin reward. So i hope it will not be a reward for alpha.

• Like 4

Sure, alpha and/or early access ONI players should get a special skin... for ONI (character or building related, whichever). Not DST. They are separate games, don't see the reason why ONI testers should get DST special skins (aka the new Alchemy Engine one, apparently). Play ONI, get ONI stuff - that seems to be fair, as others wrote, towards people playing DST but not interested in ONI.

Want to reward people buying ALL Klei games? Perfect! But make it so all special DST skins can be obtainable in DST context as well (be it reroll of special events, like Cyclum puzzle, etc) - aka:

".. all players who purchased the alpha version of the game will be given the opportunity to choose a gift from a selection of our top selling games. If you already own all of the games (thanks for your support!) then you will be able to choose a gift box containing rare Don't Starve Together skins, with a guarantee of at least 1 elegant skin. This offer will only be available to Alpha players who purchased the game at the original price and will not apply to purchases made during Early-Access." (from HERE)

That rare skin should also be available by said "other means" (random drop, buying DST related stuff). Otherwise, getting DST/other game stuff from buying ONI/other-not-related-game-regarding-reward feels unfair ("hand forcer"?!), again, for people not intending to do so.

I really don't understand what is the problem.

Nothing prove that you need to buy ONI to got a reward, nothing prove that you needed to buy alpha ONI to got a reward, at least one person mentionned that you could have the skin as random drop (ok, we can wait for confirmation, here, but it's hopeful, no ?), and nothing about the reward about owning all klei game is exclusive to this reward, there is NO need to own all klei games, you will just have some randoms skins if you do and bought ONI in Alpha. Because they are nice and offer some stuff to ensure no one lose money in the process.

Could this thing stop ? It become ridiculous, we have no proof something is wrong and there are post complaining. When it's totally possible that you don't even need to have ONI to have the skin.

If it happens that they made wrong choice, we could say that it's not fair, but in the meantime, until we know what is going on, we should wait.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I think this is proof that it can be obtained normally:

alchemy pod.png

It seems so. And LEL that price - it must have been bought (?) as a new (repriced?!) item is up right now:

alchemy_engine_skin.jpg

Edited by xxVERSUSxy

1 minute ago, Master Jand said:

I am wondering... let's say i supossidly got one,  [sic] 

Should I...

Traed [sic]

Seelll [sic]

Traed Iinnn [sic]

K33P [sic]

LLLLL

You should lie down you're drunk

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Master Jand said:

I am wondering... let's say i supossidly got one,  [sic] 

Should I...

Traed [sic]

Seelll [sic]

Traed Iinnn [sic]

K33P [sic]

LLLLL

If you had one right now I would say sell it immediately at a highly inflated / speculative price, then buy one later when they flood the market for like 5-10 bucks.

• Like 2

• Developer
8 minutes ago, Master Jand said:

Traed Iinnn [sic]

You can't put Elegants on the Trade Inn.

2 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

then buy one later when they flood the market for like 5-10 bucks.

Knowing the DT economy, it'll take a long time for it to cost just that.

On 5/18/2017 at 1:57 PM, V2C said:

Fixed bug where Werepigs sometimes fail to transform back to normal Pigmen.

Another thing I've noticed, Werepigs seem to rip down walls if there is something beyond it they want to eat, was this changed this update or in a different one recently that I missed?