[Game Update] - 217524

Not to seem selfish or anything, but why isn't the ONI-themed alchemy engine a Loyal-rarity reward for having Oxygen Not Included? 

I mean it seems like there should be something for it, the Dupe's jumpsuit as an outfit at least. 

• Like 2

Reading the speech files I realised that now there is only one quote for chesspiece_muse, aka the queen figure. Earlier there were the "generic" and the "struggling" quote, but the latter disappeared (it was to tell that the knight, bishop and rook figures are ready to spawn their shadow mobs). 

Seemingly we won't fight the queen in the near future, will we? 

26 minutes ago, Karmattack said:

Not to seem selfish or anything, but why isn't the ONI-themed alchemy engine a Loyal-rarity reward for having Oxygen Not Included? 

I mean it seems like there should be something for it, the Dupe's jumpsuit as an outfit at least. 

There are two versions. Both look the same.

One is Elegant.

The other the Elegant with a "rarity modifier" of "Lustrous".

What this may entail is still unknown.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Sketched_Philo said:

BonePig.jpg

Thanks man.

3 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

As long as we get her sister and more lore, I'm happy.

Seconded. Winona should be out sometime. I'd be excited to see the sitcom rivalry between her and Wilson.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Zeklo said:

There are two versions. Both look the same.

One is Elegant.

The other the Elegant with a "rarity modifier" of "Lustrous".

What this may entail is still unknown.

Found this too. What does rarity_modifier mean? If there are two variant, why we haven't seen the second one?

1 minute ago, __orange said:

Found this too. What does rarity_modifier mean? If there are two variant, why we haven't seen the second one?

Given that it's an ONI based skin, and ONI is leaving alpha. Paired with the alpha player reward-one of those being if you own all Klei games you get a guaranteed elegant skin along with some others, and this skin just so happens to be elegant...

*deep breathe*

I'm assuming this elegant reward could be the "Lustrous Elegant" Alchemy Engine Pod skin. As it'll look the same, but have a tag for bragging rights.

Of course that's just speculation.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I'm assuming this elegant reward could be the "Lustrous Elegant" Alchemy Engine Pod skin. As it'll look the same, but have a tag for bragging rights.

I don't think there is a relation between ONI alpha appreciation and alchemy pod. The ONI alpha appreciation is only because of the price is lower than alpha now. If Klei made it a loyal reward, its rarity should be loyal, and give it to all ONI players including them who brought ONI in early access.

• Like 6

Well, we could make it so players can randomly acquire Ruin Relic blueprints by smashing Ruin Relics, offering a neat cosmetic reward for interacting with a curio players normally do not bother with.

OR.

We could make it so the Metheus puzzle agony never truly ends.

Fantastic game design guys, as if adding a boss with 99999 health was not alienating enough for players who actually want to have fun when they play games instead of experiencing a chore-simulator.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, The Curator said:

as if adding a boss with 99999 health was not alienating enough for players who actually want to have fun when they play games instead of experiencing a chore-simulator.

Right. Because everyone is going to want napsacks bad enough that it's gonna start alienating people...

It's just a completely, 100% optional hardmode version of the fight with a pathetic reward no one is really going to use. So it's hardly alienating anyone. Right now it only really exists for bragging rights.

• Like 10

55 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Right. Because everyone is going to want napsacks bad enough that it's gonna start alienating people...

It's just a completely, 100% optional hardmode version of the fight with a pathetic reward no one is really going to use. So it's hardly alienating anyone. Right now it only really exists for bragging rights.

Maybe it's for @BluesyBuesy

• Like 14

4 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Given that it's an ONI based skin, and ONI is leaving alpha. Paired with the alpha player reward-one of those being if you own all Klei games you get a guaranteed elegant skin along with some others, and this skin just so happens to be elegant...

*deep breathe*

The last time I checked, the normal one, not the alt looked a bit under-developed, which is odd for the pod alt is Lustrous and the normal one is normal and under-developed, which leads me to speculate that they sort of did some scrapping and re-scrapping. I don't think that there will be any effect that buying ONI will give you anything extra-special.

The plushie skins, the PAX skins, and now the limited ONI skin for alpha buyers of the game. Screw it all, Klei could have at least announced during the alpha of ONI that players will get rewarded with a skin. They didn't want to so as not to make it one of the reason for people to buy the game during alpha? Well Klei has the market skin system which is already the worse, at least offer the incentive all the way to the end by announcing the full perks of buying the alpha. I feel sad and lied to. The whole skin system has become fragmented as hell, it's a complete mess and a crush to the dreams of any basic skin collector.

24 minutes ago, t1morino88eex said:

The plushie skins, the PAX skins, and now the limited ONI skin for alpha buyers of the game. Screw it all, Klei could have at least announced during the alpha of ONI that players will get rewarded with a skin. They didn't want to so as not to make it one of the reason for people to buy the game during alpha? Well Klei has the market skin system which is already the worse, at least offer the incentive all the way to the end by announcing the full perks of buying the alpha. I feel sad and lied to. The whole skin system has become fragmented as hell, it's a complete mess and a crush to the dreams of any basic skin collector.

Nothing has been confirmed. It's all speculation based on datamining. At least as far as I am aware.

• Like 1

@t1morino88eexFor the moment there is no proof that the skin is a reward for ONI alpha, neither there is proof that the skin is exclusive to ONI alpha. So maybe you shouldn't be angry until we know how it works.

23 minutes ago, t1morino88eex said:

They didn't want to so as not to make it one of the reason for people to buy the game during alpha?

Possible. And it's a good thing. I would dislike that a game in alpha to have this kind of reward, alpha are for testing purpose. Would be a bad thing for me to attract players with skin in a buggy and messy game with skins, also would be a bad thing to attract too many players in an alpha with skin, since alpha was already too big.

Anyway, we don't even know if the skin is a reward for alpha, early access, none, one of this + classic drop, classic drop only, another option... So we shall wait a little. My guess is : classic drop + reward for ONI (probably more EA than alpha but we'll see).

And i saw far more worse skin system in some others game, far more messy and pay to have. Klei isn't perfect and i understand a frustration about skin linked to events far away, but it's not THAT bad compared to some others things i saw.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Curator said:

Well, we could make it so players can randomly acquire Ruin Relic blueprints by smashing Ruin Relics, offering a neat cosmetic reward for interacting with a curio players normally do not bother with.

OR.

We could make it so the Metheus puzzle agony never truly ends.

Fantastic game design guys, as if adding a boss with 99999 health was not alienating enough for players who actually want to have fun when they play games instead of experiencing a chore-simulator.

Oh noooooo the agony of putting things into a chest(Yes they're not mentioned anywhere in game, but this thread exists and the way I know the DS community, everyone and their mom dug into the files and put it on the wiki or smth) returns!

As for Edgy Toad, just look at my point to Sinister_Fang.

3 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

It's not pathetic as much as it's just not worth it if you've finished the Toad grind. It cuts the grind by a lot, and from what I've heard it's not actually as bad as it looks at first. Napsack still needs a buff though.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, t1morino88eex said:

I see it as a thanks for helping develop ONION. It's not a perk, it's a gift. It's there for those who like the game as it is and play dst too. Although it can be stressful for skin collectors, what can you do? Klei doesn't control the marketing, steam does. Also, it's marketable. It can be found in game and bought and sold in the steam community market. 

Edit: OMG I PUT ONION INSTEAD OF ONI SORRY

Edited by Spaartan
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

The Metheus puzzle was fun!

It wasn't the worst thing ever, it definitely was interesting, but i wouldn't call it "fun".

Mostly trial and error, communication issues, screenshotting and a ton of imgur albums, and BUGS. OH my goodness were there bugs.

Disconnections, lights not appearing, missing things, resets.. We had to do the puzzle THREE times for it to finally work and NOT erase all our progress when we finally managed to get 6 lights on the chest. And then i was simply too tired to play the game and collect everything so we just spawned the chest, the items and hoped for the best. The end result was really satisfying, but it was really annoying to get through.

I can get why people hate the puzzle, but i can NOT understand why people still defend it for how clunky, buggy and annoying it was.

• Like 4

Well, we had a different experience: No bugs and the final stage was an entertaining challenge. It was basically Mastermind, a game people play because they find it fun. I wouldn't defend the bugginess, but as designed it was fun.

• Like 3