I think that the game is lacking in the skill 'training' department. We should have the ability to specifically train different skills.

ie
Strength (barbell set)
Athletics (treadmill/hamster wheel)
Learning (Library after Science)
Creativity (Drawing easel - throw away drawing after finishing)

Just some thoughts... It would help tremendously to be able to have targeted skill training.

Creativity - make paintings and sculptures. In current game there's no point training it beyond level 4

Learning - do research. Becomes obsolete when you research everything but then there's no point in improving the skill either.

Athletics - any running around the map

The only skill that cannot be trained is strength.

I like the barbell set idea for strength training. Massage table, hamster wheel, barbell set / bench pressing. Got a proper little gym setup there.

I don't know how you would manage assigning dupe time to such a building though.

Edit: I suppose the strength training building could be another crazy Klei contraption that generates 400W power in exchange for dupes sweat and tears. I'm sure they could come up with a funny design for something like that.

11 hours ago, Moggles said:

I suppose the strength training building could be another crazy Klei contraption that generates 400W power in exchange for dupes sweat and tears.

That's actually neat idea, an alternative power generator that trains strength would be nice.

Archived