Alpha Appreciation - (No longer available)

I am glad that the alpha went well for you guys.  I was testing the game best I could, made suggestions on the forums ect.  I also understand that you needed a few and smaller group for really buggy tests, but after learning that I would not see anymore updates for content till the EA release I felt a bit left out. I had over 180 hours into the game at that point and just stop playing till now. Even though I understand the reason and problems it still did fell like a big  f u  from the developers.  It felt like high school and the popular kids got pick over you for something cool.

I am not holding it against them, but I am letting them know how it felt to help them deal better with it next time, kinda like giving testing responsive and bugs reports from an alpha test. I also know they did not do it to be mean or to hurt anyone.

Being successful is always good, but knowing how to deal with said success is a important also.  Defiantly some lessons need to be learned from how this went down.

Them making sure that the Early release price is not below Alpha price and giving a reward for the early access backers is a nice olive branch.

• Developer
1 minute ago, Erec said:

Will I be able to refund this game after official release if I got it during Alpha? Steam allows it and there is no mention of this in FAQ so I'm asking.

If Steam allows it, then probably. I don't see why not.

6 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

If Steam allows it, then probably. I don't see why not.

They allow to refund games bought during EA (Early Access) and I'm not really sure about it because technically I bought it before EA release.

25 minutes ago, Erec said:

They allow to refund games bought during EA (Early Access) and I'm not really sure about it because technically I bought it before EA release.

My guess would be no, given that Alpha members bought into it on the forums, if I remember correctly. Which wouldn't be through Steam. Not a Steam purchase, so Steam can't \really\ refund you. Still, if you did buy it through Steam's interface then the game was and is in Early Access since the full release isn't out yet, and you could refund it through their rules as such.

• Developer
18 minutes ago, polygone said:

My guess would be no, given that Alpha members bought into it on the forums, if I remember correctly. Which wouldn't be through Steam. Not a Steam purchase, so Steam can't \really\ refund you.

Actually, it was bought through Steam. They just used a special widget of theirs for it.

thanks a lot for doing this klei :D

I've the game at my wishlist since february 16th, and own all your games. I'm only missing the necrodancer dlc's and soundtrack, and somehow i missed this amazing gift :shock:

i'll just put myself in a hole :D

• Developer
3 hours ago, Dean1412 said:

It seems I have all the games from you guys. :shock:

I checked the best of klei bundle, found out only one DLC from invisble inc is missing.

Will I get the DLC or the skin?

From what appears, they're planning on making DLCs and OSTs unnecessary for getting the gift box.

10 minutes ago, dawid4001 said:

Add Maxwell to oxygen not included pls 

This is not the place to ask for this, please make a thread about it in the Suggestions and Feedback section if you want, and welcome to the forums! :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Erec said:

Each time some one referred to early access as EA I kept thinking when did klei start working under EA? (Electronic Arts)

I'm dumb.

• Like 1

• Developer
2 hours ago, RayCao said:

Lovely developers, Hello.
I already have this game in February 17th and have all of your company's games. Can I get DST skin gifts? Players from China love you!

If you did acquire the game before May 18th as you said you did and have all the other Klei games, just sign up for the gift over here: https://oxygenalphagift.klei.com/

You'll get the DST skin giftbox once it's available :)

• Like 1

On 5/23/2017 at 6:47 AM, Palpetinus said:

Huh, it seems Klei needs to keep quiet about closed test branches in the future. People seem to get really offended over this concept that's been around for years, if not decades.

It's not that. It's just that we're butt hurt that we didn't get to join in on the fun...well, at least, legally. :wilson_pirate:

And nobody wants to have to resort to that. I was a bit jelly that some people got special privileges, that some people got to see dupes cry early.

Personally, if it isn't mentioned, people can't get jelly about it, amirite?

On 5/17/2017 at 5:06 PM, Beowulfe said:

Klei treats it's community with more respect than any other studio I've dealt with. Thanks, guys, we appreciate it. :D Looking forward to early access!!

That's why I own all the DS games.  That's why Klei is the ONLY studio that I tolerate Early Access games.  They have proven themselves, time and again, as a reliable company that puts out quality products and treats it's customers well.  They didn't have to do this, but I'm really glad they did.  Looking forward to those rare skins :D

• Like 1