KLEI SHOP IS BACK!

4 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Huh. One of the pin sets is hunger, sanity and thirst. I guess we've had it all wrong every time we called it health. I suppose that makes everyone in the DS universe vampires then?

Maybe it's a spoiler about future updates. Maybe not

The character pins are interesting to own, but the other things in the shop in my honest opinion are way too expensive. Who's maintaining the shop prices should do a reality check and adjust the prices. A plush Chester is way more expensive than the Mega Pack that offers 4 games? Are you kidding me? :shock:

I can't but wonder why aren't the other DST / SW characters pins available?

• MOTD
1 hour ago, Maslak said:

Shipping prices got 44% more expensive when it comes to Europe, according to people. Yeah, not cool. They were high already, if you ask me.

Hey there, just wanted to reply to this. We're looking in to certain parts of Europe after some people have claimed this happened. If it's larger single items it can get expensive. From the time we closed the store to reopened it shipping prices went up again for us, which was a factor in changing to fulfillment by IndieBox. Unfortunately, the only absolute solution would be to operate international warehouses, which at our current size is just not realistic. We're working on some creative options like monthly pickup group shipping for ALL orders to international regions for people who don't mind very slow to save money.

Depending where you live single item prices may not have changed much, or in rare cases increased which we can look in to.  If you want to email the store at indiebox@kleientertainment.com and let us know the specific order details, there's a chance it's an error and we need to fix it.  

When people now order multiple items, the cost is dramatically cheaper than our previous store, even when factoring in that postal rates simply have increased every year for the past 3 years. 

We will continue to find ways to further reduce and provide more options where we can. As the guy who runs the store, shipping costs are the bane of my existence. The postal rates we get as a shop are directly tied to the volume you sell, and must be individually negotiated annually. Combining with IndieBox allowed us to cut overall shipping costs by quite a bit, especially on multi orders. We've also started offering free shipping within the USA on orders over $50 because the volume of orders we get allows us to negotiate better rates in order to offer that. 

We are working to increase the shop to reduce rates to some higher priced regions, Especially Europe, but it's difficult when the volume doesn't support it yet. Long term, the partnership with IndieBox was made to increase our negotiation power with rate providers even more down the road, and I really hope this group shipping option we're exploring actually works logistically for our shop and our players, because the prices would be great.

Hope that helps clarify, and I'm sorry to hear that shipping went up for your region when we were hyping everyone else up for their reduced fees. I will do my best to look in to this more, and I'd really appreciate if you could email indiebox@kleientertainment.com and let them know the specific regions / items you're seeing this on so we can confirm it's not in error, and if it's correct use it as an example of where we can try to find new shipping options. 

20 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Huh. One of the pin sets is hunger, sanity and thirst. I guess we've had it all wrong every time we called it health. I suppose that makes everyone in the DS universe vampires then?

As co-author of a Thirst mod (see signature) this needs correction or I say we riot!

I'm looking forward to these monthly pickup groups, I don't mind waiting :)
EDIT:
  How exactly would that work, @Corey? Queueing all orders from Europe (example) and sending them in one package after some amount of orders is achieved? Package would be probably send to one contry and then products would get spread to their respective buyers?
  I'd love something like this, I wouldn't mind waiting, even 3 or 4 months, just to get that crabbit plush. I'm pretty sure many people will decide to make purchases if you spread a word about this idea (as you did already on social networking site(s) as I've seen).
  So yep, I don't mind waiting for package, but it would be great to see this sorted out before sale ends, so I can "queue up" with my purchase bought by discounted price and then just add a little for shipping ;)

I'm sorry how I reacted at first, I respect your work and most importantly the effort orQD0iS.png
But hot damn this things are expensive, it's breaking my heart :<

• MOTD
19 hours ago, Maslak said:

I'm looking forward to these monthly pickup groups, I don't mind waiting :)
EDIT:
  How exactly would that work, @Corey? Queueing all orders from Europe (example) and sending them in one package after some amount of orders is achieved? Package would be probably send to one contry and then products would get spread to their respective buyers?
But hot damn this things are expensive, it's breaking my heart :<

Something like that, yes. Basically we would negotiate with one or more shipping providers the minimum for a "bulk" flat rate with a provider, and once we had enough orders to hit that we would send it off and it would get distributed by the local post service once it arrives. We are talking to a few people to see if this is possible logistically and what package tracking / insurance situation would be for customers. It's promising if we can figure it out, we're talking to a few places now and are definitely exploring new options!

13 hours ago, GhostPhreak said:

How come the new plush items don't come with a new in game code? I wouldn't mind rocking a Pink Crab backpack or a Cotton Candy Chester backpack/chest

Same here. Although the Pink Crabbit comes with a code that gets you the Blue Crabbit backpack, I would've liked it to be Pink.

Can't really complain, as it's a free cosmetic in addition to an item that only 500 people should have, but I'd at least like to flaunt off that I'm one of those 500. :p

• MOTD
20 hours ago, GhostPhreak said:

How come the new plush items don't come with a new in game code? I wouldn't mind rocking a Pink Crab backpack or a Cotton Candy Chester backpack/chest

At the time the Pink Crabits and Blue Chester were made, we were just starting to experiment with digital items in game. Also since they are limited and not being made again, we didn't want to restrict those items to just those 400 or so units made. Moving forward, we'll be trying to put digital goodies on all future merch. They won't always be items that perfectly reflect the physical good, but I like doing it when we can. 

Archived