Bizzi

DSTEd - The IDE for Don't Starve Together

Bizzi    76

Next Update:

1. Start implementing the Settings-Window (currently disabled, you can see it, if you edit the /Resources/Menu.json, remove "disabled" or change to false).

2. Adding Steam-Authentication

On the Main-Window, you now see the Account-Entrie:

auth1lijgk.png

If you click on it, you can sign-in with your Steam-Account:

auth2xyjyf.png

auth3npktz.png

auth49ckj4.png

After Login, your Account will be seen on the Window:

auth58ljbu.png

• Like 1

Bizzi    76

I had implement a simple way to create Language-Files:

Go to https://dsted.net/ and sign-in with your Steam-Account. After login, you see on the left Sidebar a "Languages"-Link:

langh1p3us0.png

On this Overview you see all available languages on GitHub (you can Modify available languages) or Your's:

lang2vasxz.png

Is an Language-File marked as DEPRECATED, new strings are available for translation. You'll see it, when you modify these:

lang3tgsg9.png

Now, the Author field has two states:

A solid String as "Firstname Lastname", otherwise an Array with all contributors:

{
  "__LANGUAGE_INFO": {
    "author": "Name of Contributor",
  },
  [ ... ]     
}
{
  "__LANGUAGE_INFO": {
    "author": [
       "Name of Contributor #1",
       "Name of Contributor #2",
       ""Name of Contributor #3"
    ],
  },
  [ ... ]     
}

Informations:

• You must have an GitHub-Account to commit
  • The Authors must be written in Latin characters, otherwise the language-file will not be approved (for Sample, "Maximilian" is allowed, "Максимилиан" or "馬克西米利安" will be declined).
  • Like 3

Hineios    9

@Bizzi I've been working on a PT-PT translation, but I would like to test it before making a pull request. Is there a way to test it without having to compile everything from scratch?

Bizzi    76

@Hineios You can use the releases. Add a Language directory (if not already exists) and add Your xx_XX.json File. To enable your Langage, edit the config.json and add the language-property with your langage code, sample:

{

"language": "xx_XX"

}

I will anser later your issue on GitHub :)

Hineios    9

Great, I've tested it and I made a pull request on GitHub ;)

Greatest of lucks with the project!

ZupaleX    230

Hi,

this looks fantastic!

I am confused though: Is it usable right now or is it still too early in the development to be useful for the moment?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

ThemInspectors    172

@ZupaleX It's actually been usable since at least before when the port to Linux It quite nice, works as expected, some of the features aren't in it. assuming you know know how to build it or if if you can't grab the latest (pre) release and give it a whirl.

Hekkaryk    3

Some parts of modinfo.lua are not supported yet (as in released executables for win64x, could not build source code).

While I understand that you wish to include clean and fail-safe way to, for example, set mod config options I think it would be much wiser to let user edit file directly right now (it's a fun killer actually - if I can't edit mod options then Notepad++ is greatly superior).

Anyway, keep up the good work! ^_^

ZupaleX    230

Anyone else having this when starting or trying to click on the "Guest" icon top right?

AiR2XAGkSuyOv9563bSBVQ.png

Bizzi    76

The authentication server is offline. Sorry for these.

I will bring it up today in few hrs.

mikesmullin    13

I'm working on something similar but just using Visual Studio Code. Here's my setup explained. It includes an interactive debugger, and the beginning of compile-time-checked strong typing, and API documentation. Maybe you want to collaborate?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/166601037

Bizzi    76

Tell me, what here is "interactive"?

I've seen nothing. You must restart the game on each changes and a realtime-log output is not "interactive".

mikesmullin    13

interactive meaning the debugger pauses the Lua thread and waits for you to step over, step into, step out of, or click continue before proceeding to evaluate the next line of code after a breakpoint, it allows you to evaluate arbitrary lua code at runtime during a breakpoint, set conditional breakpoints, and watch statements. you can walk the stack and inspect scope at each level. that kind of thing.