Oxygen Apparatus (Tank?)

What if it were part of an 'expert' research tier?

In order to unlock a hazmat suit or oxygen tank you need to research expert medicine which has a crafting station to make these products. This would no doubt cost INSANE amounts of energy to create but would be well worthwhile for those who want/need to explore.

I've been thinking of suggesting something similar. Even if it's just a gasmask with a hose and a tank, craftable with the textile station. You'd think if this is a game about lack of oxygen, the Dups would be smart enough to want to contain some oxygen to take with them as they explore.

Especially since they have added clothing and a number of moodlets, I would like to see a number of utility clothing, and the clothing itself available sooner then final research tier, at least for basic items.

Tier 1: Rubber Boots/Waders: Protects from Soggy Feet and reduces impact from mop, but gives a decor -5 for being ugly. Built using sand (silicon rubber)

Tier 1: Filter: Filters polluted oxygen, requires clothe

Tier 2: Dry Suit: Protects from Sopping Wet and Soggy Feet but retains heat so good for swimming in cold water by not hot. Again, it's rubber, so sand for silicon rubber

Tier 2: Respirator: As Filter+Provides 2 hours of O2, requires metal

Tier 3: Diving Suit: Combines Respirators (with 4 hours of air and no filtering) and dry suit, but slows movement speed due to weight. Requires rubber and metal

Tier 4: Environment Suit: As diving suit, but also filters

This has got to come, but why stop at Oxygen? 

Being able to store Hydrogen / CO2 / Chlorine with a compressor must happen at some stage as part of a later gas management research. 

Plenty of space left on the tech tree though so here's hoping!

On 5/19/2017 at 6:25 PM, Shirelagel said:

Especially since they have added clothing and a number of moodlets, I would like to see a number of utility clothing, and the clothing itself available sooner then final research tier, at least for basic items.

Tier 1: Rubber Boots/Waders: Protects from Soggy Feet and reduces impact from mop, but gives a decor -5 for being ugly. Built using sand (silicon rubber)

Tier 1: Filter: Filters polluted oxygen, requires clothe

Tier 2: Dry Suit: Protects from Sopping Wet and Soggy Feet but retains heat so good for swimming in cold water by not hot. Again, it's rubber, so sand for silicon rubber

Tier 2: Respirator: As Filter+Provides 2 hours of O2, requires metal

Tier 3: Diving Suit: Combines Respirators (with 4 hours of air and no filtering) and dry suit, but slows movement speed due to weight. Requires rubber and metal

Tier 4: Environment Suit: As diving suit, but also filters

Rubber Boots and Dry Suit are exactly what I want right now, though the Dry Suit needs some kind of drawback. I might advocate making those out of Algae instead, as it's a high-value resource that becomes much rarer mid-game when you're likely to have this kind of thing researched.

12 hours ago, Tombas said:

This has got to come, but why stop at Oxygen? 

Being able to store Hydrogen / CO2 / Chlorine with a compressor must happen at some stage as part of a later gas management research. 

Plenty of space left on the tech tree though so here's hoping!

My only concern with tank-based gas sequestration is that it'd rob the visual element. If we do gas tanks, they should be made of glass so that we can see what's inside - and then be far less surprised when a Destructive dupe or monster smashes one and floods the base.

Archived