I understand that this would be far off in the future if at all but I was thinking that ONI would make a great mobile game as I believe it could work very similar to how it does on computers and unlike Don't Starve mobile version it would lend itself to being able to be played very casually.

Just an idea I thought I would put out there 

For the game to run similarly to the pc version you would first have to find a phone that is as powerful as a desktop pc and you can't. So the game must be a complete remake and the only thing similar would be the theme/art style of the game and maybe some similar game mechanics.

So the total development cost would be comparable to making a completely new game.

You talking Phone or tablet?  Phone?  No way unless it comes with a magnifying glass and pin-point touch device.  Even on a tablet.. there's just too much going on and too much detail to deal with for a touch device (IMHO of course).  I'd stick with a $300 laptop if you want portable.

Highly unlikely, due to the nature of the game, you need a CPU more powerful than what you find in a phone or tablet. the more complex and the more dupes, the more difficult it gets to run this game. Optimisation will help, but I don't think it will ever get to the point where it would make sense to port this to a phone. 

Archived