Well, on the wiki-forum thingy*, some anonymous contributier said we needed more female characters(The male to female ratio is 10:5). Various people responded, mostly telling them to suggest one. So, because I thought that wasn't a bad idea, I will put a few ideas here, feel free to add more. And yours don't have to be female- I'm simply writing female characters to put more out there. So,

Willa 

"The Animal Whisperer"

-Can tame wild creatures

-Can't bring herself to kill an innocent being

W. A. Banks

"The Lady Poet"

-Can live on words alone

-Can't stand the sight of blood 

Willhemina

"The Princess"

-Treasures her crown above all

-Can use gold to make things royal

Indepth:

Willa can befriend animals, by giving them food they like. For monsters and angry beefalo, once she feeds them, they will be neutral until she walks at least two screen lengths away. With non-aggressive animals, they will follow her for a little while. However, she can't kill anything considered an innocent creature.

W. A. Banks can write poetry, how this works is: she spawns with a pen, while she is holding it, she can write on papyrus. She writes by examining something, while having both pen and paper. Each poem she writes restores 25 health, hunger, and sanity. This uses up papyrus, and she can only write on one thing once. So, if you examined a evergreen tree to write, she couldn't use an evergreen tree again, however she could use a birchnut tree. Also, she loses 5 sanity whenever something dies.

Willhemina spawns with a crown, which is a headpiece that gives her high sanity gain. However, if she isn't wearing the crown, she has a massive sanity drain, unless she is wearing the Thulucite** Crown. The crown has durability, but she can craft it out of 5 gold. She can also craft a Royal Parasol(Keeps her dry) with a pretty parasol and gold, and a Royal Robe(keeps her warm) out of beefalo wool and gold.

Personalities:

Willa is a tomboy, about 10 years old, and kind of a oppisite Wendy. Wendy thinks nature is boring, Willa wants to spend her life outdoors. Wendy is morbid, Willa is cheery. Also, while Wendy clearly came from a rich family, Willa has a much more lower class background. Her hair is reddish brown, curly and unruly.

IMG_0503.PNG

W. A. Banks finds beauty in everything, if she examined a rock she would have something nice to say about it. W. A. Banks is not in fact her real name, it is a pen name, similar to how Wigfrid is the name of her character, not her real name. She has brown hair, which she wears in two neat buns. 

IMG_0502.PNG

Willhemina is very prim and proper, and will often make comments such as 'How distasteful!' or 'Ugh! I don't like the color.'. She has black hair, which she wears in two neat braids coiled around her head.

IMG_0501.PNG

Thank you for reading this long post, feel free to give me comments or suggestions, and post your own ideas too!

Oh, and if you can draw, I appreciate any fan arts you can make.

*if you don't know what I'm talking about, it's not worth it to explain

**I know, I spelled it wrong

Made a few edits, any one have any feedback, even negative?

And, really, if you think something is stupid, too op, doesn't fit with the game, isn't unique enough, tell me! I want to improve these characters, not just be complimented on them. Seriously, if you don't like my characters, tell me. I'm not going to be offended.

I really like these ideas for characters! Most of these, maybe, I could even make into some chatacter mods (i'm not very experienced in modding, but i could try). I actually had a character idea I wanted to suggest too, but I should probably do so in one of my own posts, considering my descriptions can be a bit lengthy. I love these character ideas, but one suggestion i want to make is that there are lots of character specific items for Willhemina that i think might want to be cut.

I really would like a character that has night-vision, but suffers in sunlight; like during the day limited visibility, or takes increasing damage, or even dies. The reason I want this, is because I really would like a cave character. A character that thrives by living underground. 

Another character, is one that can leap. There´s a great mod, where Webber can leap. I never use it, cause the character model is dumb looking and Webber leaping like a frog makes no sense. But as a mechanic, it's brilliant. Really spices up combat, as you can do cool dodges. You can also leap across rivers sometimes, if the gap is small enough, really gives you an advantage if you are being chased my another player.

Also, I´m just saying:

waste.PNG+wwaste.PNG= Mary Had a Little Lamb 

This would have to change the pet system, which I currently hate btw. What if Winnie had the Ewelet as an exclusive pet. It follows her wherever she goes (much like the story). If it dies, it drives her insane. But if she can keep it alive for say a year, it grows into a full size Ewecus that protects her. 

On 5/16/2017 at 0:00 AM, CakerKid555 said:

I really like these ideas for characters! Most of these, maybe, I could even make into some chatacter mods (i'm not very experienced in modding, but i could try). I actually had a character idea I wanted to suggest too, but I should probably do so in one of my own posts, considering my descriptions can be a bit lengthy. I love these character ideas, but one suggestion i want to make is that there are lots of character specific items for Willhemina that i think might want to be cut.

Ok thanks! If you want to mod any of them, I'd love that! So you're saying I should cut out Willhemina's parasol and robe? I worry that leaves her a little underpowered. But I'm open to the idea, certainly.

10 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I really would like a character that has night-vision, but suffers in sunlight; like during the day limited visibility, or takes increasing damage, or even dies. The reason I want this, is because I really would like a cave character. A character that thrives by living underground. 

Another character, is one that can leap. There´s a great mod, where Webber can leap. I never use it, cause the character model is dumb looking and Webber leaping like a frog makes no sense. But as a mechanic, it's brilliant. Really spices up combat, as you can do cool dodges. You can also leap across rivers sometimes, if the gap is small enough, really gives you an advantage if you are being chased my another player.

Interesting! Great ideas there- I had the thought of having an acrobat character, as we have a strongman and a clown, that could finish the circus trio, and leaping could be his/her power.

5 minutes ago, _catness_ said:

I did a pretty decent fan art of Willa, or at least decent considering that I can't draw. I know it's not great, but it's OK, so...IMG_0498.PNG

Truly, the most accurate representation of "cheery, unruly, dirty and obviously born in a poor family"

32 minutes ago, Palecwsmalec1 said:

Truly, the most accurate representation of "cheery, unruly, dirty and obviously born in a poor family"

And as to you, I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not. Either you're being sarcastic or you say 'truly' in everyday speech. Either way, I don't know what to say to you.

32 minutes ago, _catness_ said:

And as to you, I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not. Either you're being sarcastic or you say 'truly' in everyday speech. Either way, I don't know what to say to you.

Well, if you'd like my criticism on just Willa: She seems to have Wendy's average expression. I mean, if you're trying to give us an idea of her being cheery, you could at least place a cheery-looking expression on her face? Because she doesn't look very cheery to me.

She doesn't look morbid like Wendy, just...very neutral.

42 minutes ago, Sketched_Philo said:

Well, if you'd like my criticism on just Willa: She seems to have Wendy's average expression. I mean, if you're trying to give us an idea of her being cheery, you could at least place a cheery-looking expression on her face? Because she doesn't look very cheery to me.

Well all the characters look neutral unless you use an emote, but ok, I'll see if she looks ok smiling.

45 minutes ago, Sketched_Philo said:

Ok, here she is:

IMG_0503.PNG

Archived