If threre were to be a new character revealed, who would you want it to be?

Your Choices  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you choose?

• Wilton
    • Wortox
    • Winnie
    • Wallace
    • Waverly
    • Watricia
    • Someone new!
    • I'd rather have a Wilson rework
  2. 2. Bonus poll: How about the SW cast? (Multi-choice-question) (Optional)

• Walani?
    • Warly?
    • Wilbur?
    • Woodlegs?

I posted this on the suggestions, but I might as well put it here too. 

waste.PNG+wwaste.PNG= Mary Had a Little Lamb 

This would have to change the pet system, which I currently hate btw. What if Winnie had the Ewelet as an exclusive pet. It follows her wherever she goes (much like the story). If it dies, it drives her insane. But if she can keep it alive for say a year, it grows into a full size Ewecus that protects her. 

19 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Tell me how Minari and Mstema relate to the following, because I have absolutely no clue:

My point is, those characters are terrible compared to the current Wigfrid and Webber. Especially, Minari, the character design for that is awful, I could draw that. While the other character you mentioned, looks like a prison inmate. 

1 hour ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

My point is, those characters are terrible compared to the current Wigfrid and Webber. Especially, Minari, the character design for that is awful, I could draw that. While the other character you mentioned, looks like a prison inmate. 

What? Minari looks cool, and I'm not the only one to have this opinion. The art-style is on-spot and imho fits much better than Webber. Mastema's art really isn't Don't Starve quality, but conceptually and design-wise, he's a very great character. The perk of not being able to use any armour seems pretty interesting!

5 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

What? Minari looks cool, and I'm not the only one to have this opinion. The art-style is on-spot and imho fits much better than Webber. Mastema's art really isn't Don't Starve quality, but conceptually and design-wise, he's a very great character. The perk of not being able to use any armour seems pretty interesting!

ssss.PNGwwaste.PNG

I just...can´t...can´t even.

4 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

ssss.PNGwwaste.PNG

I just...can´t...can´t even.

Perhaps Minari could be more sketchy in his design, but he does not look modded, like at all. Compare him to shadow creatures instead, perhaps? And Wilson? His facial expression is very reminiscent of Wilson.

1 minute ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Perhaps Minari could be more sketchy in his design, but he does not look modded, like at all. Compare him to shadow creatures instead, perhaps? And Wilson? His facial expression is very reminiscent of Wilson.

Funny, cause the first thing I think of when I see that is "mod".

Maybe he could be like the shadow creatures if he was transparent, but the solid black just looks awful. 

HE DOESN´T HAVE ANY FACIAL EXPRESSIONS. It literally looks like a drawing of Venom from Spiderman. 

Just now, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Funny, cause the first thing I think of when I see that is "mod".

Maybe he could be like the shadow creatures if he was transparent, but the solid black just looks awful. 

HE DOESN´T HAVE ANY FACIAL EXPRESSIONS. It literally looks like a drawing of Venom from Spiderman. 

He does have facial expressions... his insanity animation has his eyes go like O o similarly to that of one of the watchers. I think you're a bit nit-pickey here. Perhaps it's some strange bias against mods?

2 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

He does have facial expressions... his insanity animation has his eyes go like O o similarly to that of one of the watchers. I think you're a bit nit-pickey here. Perhaps it's some strange bias against mods?

Nope. Just a bad character model. There's no detail to anything, cause he's just a black silhouette. 

Also, the concept just seems boring to me. 

Nope. Just a bad character model. There's no detail to anything, cause he's just a black silhouette. 

Also, the concept just seems boring to me. 

Black character models is exactly what shadow creatures are... Did you compare him to shadow creatures and Wilson yet? Well, I guess it's each to their own, but the way I see it, you seem to have some inherent bias against mods. Mechanically Minari isn't that well developed, but imho conceptually and design wise, as well as art wise, he's done very well to meet the idea behind the character.

A character that can transform into something that's powerful and not need armor. 

Bearger... You want Bearger as a character to play as in DST? Are you being a troll, high or... I don't even know.

4 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Bearger... You want Bearger as a character to play as in DST? Are you being a troll, high or... I don't even know.

Sorry, I meant Werebeaver...Got my names confused.

4 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Black character models is exactly what shadow creatures are... Did you compare him to shadow creatures and Wilson yet?

The shadow creatures are transparent, that's why they work. I see no similarities to Wilson whatsover.

6 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

but the way I see it, you seem to have some inherent bias against mods.

I don´t mind mod characters. I am a bit iffy on them if they don't fit the game style. A really good character mod, is the Leaping Webber. Leaping is a great mechanic. The skin is stupid tho.

On 5/11/2017 at 1:27 AM, minespatch said:

Actually, Wilton would be a great addition now that the reanimated skeleton race is a actual thing now. It could give explanation on how Wilton could exist(like the minions of the fuelweaver, those lil' babies of walking skulls and hands daaaaaaaaaaaaaw).

And all the extra experiments involving reviving dead people going on in DST.
I could see Wendy playing with dead bodies and bringing one back to life. Maybe trying to find a body for Abigail to use. My new mouse is so close that I can taste it.

21 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Sorry, I meant Werebeaver...Got my names confused.

The shadow creatures are transparent, that's why they work. I see no similarities to Wilson whatsover.

I don´t mind mod characters. I am a bit iffy on them if they don't fit the game style. A really good character mod, is the Leaping Webber. Leaping is a great mechanic. The skin is stupid tho.

Lreaping? You must have a really weird sense of understanding the game's atmosphere.

Minari could be made transparent no problem anyway. In any case, the shadow creatures become less and less transparent the more insane you are in any case. Plus, they are portrayed as black here and there anyway, so I don't know why you have such a huge problem with the transparency. I think you're just nitpicking or have some strange bias that I can't understand.

And alright, point taken about the werebeever. Though that's only part of specific perk, not really a perk for the character. You will be human most of the time while playing as Woodie, be it single player or multiplayer anyway, where as for Mastema, it's the other way round. And I'm surprised you'd have a problem with two characters having similarly laid out perks, yet have no problems with Wigfrid and Wolfgang both having the same perks of better combat.

You really don't make much sense.

37 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Lreaping? You must have a really weird sense of understanding the game's atmosphere.

I don't know what's wrong with leaping. Obviously, it doesn't make any sense that's it webber. But I would like a character who could do that. Trick is mixing it with something that fits. The mechanic just works so fluidly into the game. 

43 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

In any case, the shadow creatures become less and less transparent the more insane you are in any case.

It's just the black silhouette only really works when it is semi transparent. Yes, the more insane you get, the more solid they become. However, the screen distortion and tint becomes so strong, that the silhouettes fit. However, in healthy sanity vision, the solid black just looks weird. 

Although, it would be interesting  if he was character that could only be seen by others if they were insane. OP as hell I know.

48 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Wigfrid and Wolfgang both having the same perks of better combat.

They are very, very different. Yes, they are both good for combat, but there are people on here that would loose their minds if you even try to compare Wolfgang to Wigfrid.

They are good for combat, but do so very differently. It's so different, that people even argue that Wigfrid isn´t even good for combat at all.

6 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Edit: I would still change the character design. It just reminds me too much of Spawn.

Looks nothing like spawn, except perhaps the facial expressions, but that can be seen for many characters out there. He looks cool and resembles the shadow creatures in a human form, end of.

6 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

They are very, very different. Yes, they are both good for combat, but there are people on here that would loose their minds if you even try to compare Wolfgang to Wigfrid.

They are good for combat, but do so very differently. It's so different, that people even argue that Wigfrid isn´t even good for combat at all.

The same could be said about Mastema and Woodie's beaver feat, to be honest, so your point is? Or is this a contradiction that you've placed yourself into?

On 5/17/2017 at 0:00 PM, Pyr0mrcow said:

And all the extra experiments involving reviving dead people going on in DST.
I could see Wendy playing with dead bodies and bringing one back to life. Maybe trying to find a body for Abigail to use. My new mouse is so close that I can taste it.

Wendy the necromancer?:wilson_sneaky:

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

Wendy the necromancer?:wilson_sneaky:

I may have a slow-developing pair of mods in the works for a revivable Abigail character and a Wendy rework that was encouraged by her sister to make new friends and does that in the most literal way possible.

Archived