If threre were to be a new character revealed, who would you want it to be?

Your Choices  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you choose?

• Wilton
    • Wortox
    • Winnie
    • Wallace
    • Waverly
    • Watricia
    • Someone new!
    • I'd rather have a Wilson rework
  2. 2. Bonus poll: How about the SW cast? (Multi-choice-question) (Optional)

• Walani?
    • Warly?
    • Wilbur?
    • Woodlegs?

5 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

You read what I said wrong; Webber would be another Wes if it weren't for the fact that he's in a spider body. Hehas no perks relating to anything that isn't him being in a spider body. Why this is such an issue for me is that the character is based off of an existing mob in a way that makes Webber be just some boring kid before he came to the world. Minari is very much the same in a sense, however,  shadow aren't something insignificant to the story while spiders kind of are. I might not be making too much sense... Hard to put my finger on why Minari would be a good replacement for him... May be because I don't find h that creative to begin with and him being a character thatwas introduced merely because of the demand at the time. I still don't get why some people absess over that character.

How exactly qould it be disrespectful to the creators? In fact, characters as mods are already getting a bunch of hate merely for being mods!

first. the name of that char mod sucks. 2nd, his art is lackluster, third,he looks like spider-man fused with venom. so please, stop. webber ismuch much better design wise and lore wise.

The unimplemented characters likely were not implemented because they were too out-of-the-box.

Webber is the limit, his character concept is ridiculous but spiders are a real thing in the game so that made it acceptable. But the idea of a stereotypical witch, a skeleton, a nursery rhyme character, or a demon running around in the wilderness with the rest of the cast does not make sense. The characters are supposed to all be a part of a unified story, which means that you cannot just add absurd ones in without there being consequences to the canon. And while you could come up with a "backstory" justifying each character it still does not change how ridiculous that character is, especially when affiliated with all the normal ones.

Wallace, with a less antagonistic face, is the only unimplemented character who makes sense. His heritage also fits with the plot and its theme of semi-western or European English speaking characters. But there is so little work done on him he was probably scrapped early on for whatever choice.

Wilton would be great as a very, very borderline acceptable ridiculous character because skeletons are a thing in the game. But he would need a very good backstory. At least he has all his images already set up, although mods of him are really unsatisfying.

3 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

How about this guy?
unknown.png

Oh him that guy from the screecher mod
I don't think he counts we don't even have a name for him.
Or possibly how he could fit into the lore because The screecher is totally seprate from the don't starve world.

9 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

, his character is cute,

Don't even start. I loooooove Webber's personality. he's the most adorable and innocent cinnamon roll in don't starve and i want it to stay that way

As for the main poll, Warly from SW and someone new. I used to be extremely invested in the unimplemented characters, but now that we've already gotten a couple of 'em (i'm pretty sure Webber, Maxwell and Wilbur were unimplemented once) and Wigfrid basically looks like a reverse Winnie.. eh i dunno. I'd love to get a surprise.

(and by surprise i mean Winona)

Honestly, both Winnie and Wallace are the most interesting to me. In fact, it would be extremely interesting if both Winnie and Wigfrid are both just characters acted by the same actress.

Really, I want to know who Wigfrid actually is.

As for Wallace, I'd have no clue how he would work as a character. Since he kind of looks like that stereotypical evil banker/merchant, perhaps he pays off mobs with some sort of currency? The idea of a character that actively avoids combat situations is kind of interesting, I guess.

Winnie was recreated in a mod (that's name escapes my memory at the moment), and I think they did a wonderful job with her. Plus, Winnie was even referenced recently, no?

Waverly, honestly she looks amazing! She'll fit perfectly in the Don't Starve universe, I do hope (if they add her) she has Organ sounds.

Warly, really he'll be the chef of the team being able to help friends from the start by cooking meatballs and other crock pot meals giving them a, I'd say, quick head start.

On 5/9/2017 at 8:28 PM, Sketched_Philo said:

dontstarve_steam_2017-05-09_19-26-38.pngI can only dream...

Screen Shot 2016-11-01 at 3.18.53 AM.pngariel sad.pngSame man. Whatever Trader's name is...

On 5/9/2017 at 9:09 PM, Usagibro said:

Winnie obviously. But I'd also like to know what Watricia looks like. I wonder if there's any concept art of her that was made?

Quoth did a concept art but I'd love a concept art from the devs if they can. Or even a art book so we can finally see some unseen art.

12 hours ago, StarmanNess said:

I mean I already know who @minespatch voted for. :^)

ariel closeup intensifies.pngDid my egotism for skeletons tip people off?

Actually, Wilton would be a great addition now that the reanimated skeleton race is a actual thing now. It could give explanation on how Wilton could exist(like the minions of the fuelweaver, those lil' babies of walking skulls and hands daaaaaaaaaaaaaw).

23 hours ago, StarmanNess said:

In fact, it would be extremely interesting if both Winnie and Wigfrid are both just characters acted by the same actress.

the whole barn's a stage. For me! and my sheep!

23 hours ago, StarmanNess said:

Plus, Winnie was even referenced recently, no?

Winnie has a yawn sound effect, actually.

Winnie's Yawn

8 minutes ago, Destros09 said:

this is the biggest development since slipstor animations we are getting Winnie 

Well, my point is that no other character besides winnie had a yawn SFX. It's a cool little thing but definitely doesn't confirm her. I never said that she was going to be in the game.

Actually if memory serves, both Wilton & Winnie are the only unimplemented characters who had got updates in the files during DST's development. Though I believe all that was added to Wilton was some updates to his original quotes, and like previously stated Winnie got a yawn sound effect, whether or not this means they'll be added to the game is uncertain.

Regardless in my opinion, If I got to choose who got added to the game I'd take the SW cast over any of the unimplemented characters, cause they already exist in DS, already have personalities and I think they really should be added to DST at some point, with SW or not. Plus, they fit into the time frame where DST/DS takes place, though Woodlegs could be argued. Walani would be the only one who it would be difficult to make new perks for, and Woodlegs would just have to become less sea based, and more based around treasure.

I voted for Wilton in my poll though, cause he just seems like he'd really change how the game is played. I also obviously voted for the whole SW cast except for Walani due to a misclick, I meant to do so, really.

On 5/9/2017 at 2:18 PM, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

I would like a character replaced... though, I know it's not possible at this point. I'd love it if Webber was replaced by Minari.

I know this might trigger some people BUT, Minari feels, design wise at least, more like a DS/DST original character as opposed to Webber. Webber was designed from the idea of him being eaten by a spider and without that, he might just be another Wes. And we don't need that, Wes alone, Wes the best.

I would have liked if Wigfrid was replaced by a certain character as well, in all honesty. Mastema could be an interesting replacement, with him being oriented around avoiding direct combat altogether, however we already have MAxwell as our magician, so...

I really like Webber, but Mastema is a sick character! I think if the devs were to partner with modders (ala the Binding of Isaac), Mastema would be a top pick!

12 hours ago, cactusarms said:

They're just mods though. I think real game content and mods should be kept seperate at all times.

Sometimes content similar to mods is implemented into the actual game. You can't have it all be seperate completely. And why exactly do you want this?

Archived