The Capy Experience

Let's just start by saying that Shipwrecked is a really fun and creative DLC. Although I'm not very good at it, I enjoy it a lot. It's just that it feels like it has been abandoned.

After Shipwrecked's release, I have barely seen any mentions about it from the staff. I really don't think the DLC is finished. It's buggy and feels abandoned. World merging bugs, sea animals walking onto land, land animals walking onto the sea, you can go on and on about the numerous bugs that aren't even exploits that people like.

The ocean just feels straight up empty. Nothing to do there besides go to another island or kill a whale. For a DLC trying to be set in a tropical 'paradise' then I would think there would be more interaction with the 75% of the map. Not to mention, when you go through fog, you can see how your character animation is just your character standing still while STILL CRASHING INTO WAVES. 

Some things are just reskins of base game/ROG things. The top hat is a pirate hat. Pretty sure the stink rays have borrowed code from bats. Wild boars are just pigs that are more of a hassle to fight. 

Some things are just a let down in this game. The Quacken, for one, makes no sense. It's extremely easy to fight for being a "boss". It has a useless feature where it lobs ink (that aren't even aimed at the player, and if im wrong about that, they never even hit or become a problem). The characters, in my opinion, have great personalities and looks, but they are just plain bad. Some attributes don't work well in RoG or SW. Floaty Boaty Knights can be fought with your fists. They don't even aim at the player. You can't be hit by them even if you are standing still. Yes, this is true. I killed a knight as Wes with a bamboo raft and holding the f key. I was only hit by waves.

Is there any problem with going back and fixing all of these problems? What stops you? The world just feels unfinished, like everything is a tunnel that stops after 3 feet down. It feels like it's still in early access but just forgotten about, a trait that a lot of games are succumbing to these days (mostly for money.)

"Sw was gonna be a whole new world, and it delivered on very little of it, and even less, properly." -Anonymous Koala

I really love the look and music of Shipwrecked, but I just can't enjoy it knowing that it's like a well-written, yet unfinished essay.

9 hours ago, CatBurger said:

"Sw was gonna be a whole new world, and it delivered on very little of it, and even less, properly." -Anonymous Koala

He's not a dev, when did they say this? Also Klei said they were gonna work on single player when they had some time.

On 5/7/2017 at 10:16 PM, GiddyGuy said:

He's not a dev, when did they say this? Also Klei said they were gonna work on single player when they had some time.

It was planned to be a separate game until it was made into a DLC to allow merged worlds. I think in this quote they mean more of Shipwrecked being really original but instead having a lot of reskins.

Archived