The 100 Day Free-4-All Challenge

An Artifact

14 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

Spekkio looks strong when you are strong, and weak when you are weak. Hehehe...

And when you're flamboyant, fat and kinda annoying, he looks flamboyant, fat and kinda annoying. It all works out like that.

23 minutes ago, minespatch said:

More Akira Toriyama designed characters.:wilson_ecstatic:Haven't played Chrono trigger but I know about how well loved it is.

My next request would be my favorite character from Usagi Yojimbo: Gen the Rhinocerous

Oh, Chrono Trigger is beloved for good reasons indeed!

As for that Rhino... he looks quite difficult. I'd need some better references if you really want me to do him. 

11 hours ago, MeingroessterFan said:

I asked my best friend what to draw. He said a potted cactus. With a monocle and top hat. Saying something dapper. I told him I kinda stipulated myself to doing characters; he said it's "Everything's Possible Thursday!" I was out of arguments.

No it's "Anything could happen Thursday"! (Shamefully referencing The Big Bang Theory)

It's so adorable, I've been shot through the heart by it!

Puns aside, you are doing really well will the reflections and gradients. And how do you keep finding brushes that match the general feeling of the characters?! :o

3 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

It's so adorable, I've been shot through the heart by it!

Puns aside, you are doing really well will the reflections and gradients. And how do you keep finding brushes that match the general feeling of the characters?! :o

I pretty much always use the same brush types nowadays. The watercolour variety has the benefit of not getting these ugly sharp edges when drawing semi-straight lines, they're just a lot easier to work with. So, a base of watercolour, and a "hatch" brush for shading seems to be working decently well for me.

2 minutes ago, MeingroessterFan said:

Got a request for him, plus I really like the little guy. Second-best character in Final Fantasy. :) 

Vivi's a favorite too(even if I haven't played the game), I like Balthier due to him being the most fun character from his game.

Archived