The 100 Day Free-4-All Challenge

An Artifact

3 minutes ago, minespatch said:

That Sam is pretty good! Very strong silhuoette. The lines on MAx aern't as strong. Curious I suppose you have your reasons.

I drew Max first, so I suppose I was more in the zone when I got to Sam. shrug

#49 and 50 Ayenth and WX-78, in Aventuria

50.png

Wherein Ayenth and WX-78, the characters me and @Arlesienne played in our DST RP, have escaped Charlie's clutches and returned to Ayenth's homeworld of Aventuria.

Welp, small recollection of the past 50 days, I suppose - this is the halfway checkpoint, after all. Judging by the rubbish quality of today's picture (besides the lake, I'm kinda proud of that one), I can't tell whether I actually really improved at all. Sure, some people said that I've been improving, but 1. A big part of that is getting used to the drawing pad, and 2. You know, I found some very old pictures I painted in my school's art class, and they weren't much worse than what I'm producing now. I just had a passionate hatred for drawing during my school days because I always got such dreadful grades on my paintings, and thus didn't do any artwork for a very long time. It wasn't until late last year that I discovered that little spark again... not a spark of talent, but a spark of passion. So, it's up to the viewers to decide whether any of this rubbish is worth a damn. Here's to another 50 days.

7 hours ago, MeingroessterFan said:

So, it's up to the viewers to decide whether any of this rubbish is worth a damn.

I really like the field, it looks fun to frolic around in. It's great to see you carry on experimenting, I suppose you made the sunrays using a blend option? Blending is a powerful thing, and alas, as such, difficult to get a hang of. Too bad the hurried background ruins the scene...

As for the fellows, they're looking so cute I want to hug them both. WX's head seems a tad too small, eventhough the proportions are correct for a normal human. It's probably just because we're used to huge head mcGee from in-game :p Ayenth looks Don't-Starve-ish.

6 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

I really like the field, it looks fun to frolic around in. It's great to see you carry on experimenting, I suppose you made the sunrays using a blend option? Blending is a powerful thing, and alas, as such, difficult to get a hang of. Too bad the hurried background ruins the scene...

Actually, the idea was that the things far in the distance are a bit muddy and hard to make out to lend to the illusion of distance. Didn't really work. But, yknow, experiments.

1 hour ago, MeingroessterFan said:

Actually, the idea was that the things far in the distance are a bit muddy and hard to make out to lend to the illusion of distance. Didn't really work. But, yknow, experiments.

Ah, you mean fog... While you could draw coloured fog, using less saturation near the horizon may improve this effect.

9 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

Ah, you mean fog... While you could draw coloured fog, using less saturation near the horizon may improve this effect.

More like fog of war, like you get in games. :p I'll try doing it like that next time then. Thanks for the tip.

#51 Six (Little Nightmares)

0cbd39d194.jpg

I played through Little Nightmares today. Very intriguing designs and setting, though the actual gameplay can be utterly frustrating. Well, it gave me some inspiration, plus I installed a bunch of new brush types for my art program and wanted to play around with them.

I'd like one big old tree that just sorta comes around the whole composition. So please do that. But when you do your painting, you may see something totally and completely different in it.

This is a transcript of Bob, the most joyful person to ever have lived.

1 hour ago, Mobbstar said:

I'd like one big old tree that just sorta comes around the whole composition. So please do that. But when you do your painting, you may see something totally and completely different in it.

This is a transcript of Bob, the most joyful person to ever have lived.

I was really confused until I accidentally noticed that hidden text. xD

Archived