1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Usually Scurvey or Jaundice is due to a lack of vitamins.

Aaah lol alright I see what ya did there.    At least, in this scene, she's getting her dose of D vitamin from the dwarf star.

I don't have as good moments as you guys, but here's a screenshot of when our base was being attacked by hounds and a willow ghost trying to get people's attention haunted a hound and turned it red just before it was killed. The result:

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, PillsStealer said:

When you jump through a wormhole, you expect a nice, calm, peaceful area. Not today! It was nice coming out of the wormhole just to be surrounded by eyeballs staring at you. 20170606191216_1.jpg

I've had that occur to me on several occasions. And it's incredibly frustrating considering it's almost instant death for Maxwell. I really should make a habit of placing hard turfs on wormholes I use frequently...

6 hours ago, Endrew said:

I don't have as good moments as you guys, but here's a screenshot of when our base was being attacked by hounds and a willow ghost trying to get people's attention haunted a hound and turned it red just before it was killed. The result:

image.jpeg

willow is willow even after death

On 2017-5-8 at 1:07 PM, myxal said:

No, lureplant, I don't need your help picking the tumbleweeds.

Hide contents

20170507222824_1.jpg

Note to self: When I don't have flooring for the tumbleweed farm ready, don't dig up the sandy turf!

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 21.22.42.png

What the.. Shouldn't you guys be cursed until morning? Now's not the time to sleep, I need my pigskins!!

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 23.02.14.png

Every swipe you take, every step you take, I'll be watching you... But boy, it takes a lot of steps to cross that gap..

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 23.10.29.png

On 2017-6-7 at 6:50 AM, Sinister_Fang said:

I've had that occur to me on several occasions. And it's incredibly frustrating considering it's almost instant death for Maxwell. I really should make a habit of placing hard turfs on wormholes I use frequently...

Yeah.. I had eyeplants eat a good deal of toothtraps in my deathpits twice! Not anymore...

Spoiler

20170415173320_1.jpg

Oh, and if you wish to use that design, put the chest (for teeth and gems) a bit further away from the edge, so it doesn't accidentally start smouldering from burning trees (inevitable with fire hounds :) )

9 hours ago, myxal said:

Yeah.. I had eyeplants eat a good deal of toothtraps in my deathpits twice! Not anymore...

Reveal hidden contents

20170415173320_1.jpg

Oh, and if you wish to use that design, put the chest (for teeth and gems) a bit further away from the edge, so it doesn't accidentally start smouldering from burning trees (inevitable with fire hounds :) )

That has happened to me so many times. I facepalmed when a friend suggested using hard turfs. It seemed like an obvious thing to to, but it just never crossed my mind for some reason.

You could always add an ice flingo if you can spare the gears. I like to keep one at my trap fields so fire hounds are even less of an issue.

I stared into the abyss, and the abyss birds stared back.

515691D706284C593A581F28ECB3C21C36E5BBB6

Was messing around on a modded server and managed to escape dry land, so I did the logical thing and ran out until the ocean vanished, then put a teleport sign and a single fire pit amidst the miasma to confuse people.

9 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

But don't then send the helpful noob out in search of rocky turf to make cobblestone with.

Is using rocky turf as eyeplant prevention ever a preferred method? I used floors because I had the materials, but if I didn't and had to transplant turf, I'd go for sandy.

3 hours ago, myxal said:

Is using rocky turf as eyeplant prevention ever a preferred method? I used floors because I had the materials, but if I didn't and had to transplant turf, I'd go for sandy.

Sandy is better, but this was a perfect- sized patch of it at just the right distance from base, so it was fast & easy. We don't use that much cobble anyway.

Archived