404 game not found

After you learn how the game world works there is no game anymore. Its been like that forever.

DST didn't add anything new, and didn't improve on anything, there is some more of higly optional contnet, but once you know the itmes and how some monsters/animals work all fun and the little of challenge that it has is completly gone.

There is only tons of optional items that you don't even need to craft, this is really weak sandobx with, at best, medicore combat mechanics and very weak survival elements.

I'm really surprised in lack of ability to learn the game mechanics among players that have 200+ hours and die to spider queen, a mob that is not even any kind of threat, that you can just leave in place and it will turn into lvl 1 spider den after a day or two.

Food is everywhere, you don't even need to try very hard to have tons of food, again some new players can have small problems with crock pot, but that will go away quite fast. Understandable that you need some food production to turn your attention into other things, like walking around and seeing big piles of forests and grasslands and what not, and finding all that optional content that is there to explore.

Dealing with threats, and little survival mechanics that are there is far to easy, again new players can get some misconceptions about it due to item selection, like Rain Hat for example, people want to craft it cause they get wet in the rain, well there is no need to craft it and in rality its just one of vanity items as all you need for rain is umbrella and football helmet/ top hat - this combo gives 100% rain resistance, you can put your umbrella away and do some work like mining,cutting wood and what not, and dry in few seconds near campfire while holiding umbrella, next vanity items are the vests crated from summer and winter Koalefants, maybe some new players fall for this trap and craft them, when all you need is thermal stone, some camp fires and a  winter hat, before you get Walrus hat, but you can survive with just thermal and campfires, will just consume more grass and wood, but that is really easy to get. Small inventory and large amount of items requires wearing a backpack most of the time anyway so all vests and what not is not practical anyway, and why even bother when you can get away with hat and thermal stone anyway.

Higly watered down survival mechanics with ultimate item solutions to any problem are just bad, 100% water resistance, you never should have the ability to do that, even if you are holding umbralla you shoes can get wet just from walking around, now you can completly remove wetness mechanic with armor item that is eternal as long as you don't get hit and umbrella that you can fix up, without big prblems. All in all you are not dealing with wetness you are just removing it whatsoever. Summer seems a bit better cause you will overheat from time to time and need to stop to put on chilled amulet or make some cold fire every now and then, plus world can catch on fire every now and then, but you smpli don't need to worry that half forest just burned along with some mushrooms and berry bushes, as those are weak food sources anyway.

All in all new players can have some fun for a while, but once they learn few things its far to easy and boring.

You already posted this in suggestions, so I'm confused as to why you have posted about this in general section and without giving any specific examples of what could be improved about them. There's no purpose to this if you can't be more specific, so, I would suggest you put in some examples, although then it would need to be in suggestions and feedback.

Also, it would be good to change the title, because it's misleading. Makes you think this is about you having an error instead of you having problems with the game's design.

20 minutes ago, JohnWatson said:

Whoa there, mate! Haven't you got an idea that criticism isn't allowed around here?

Nah, I believe criticism is always welcome so long as it's backed up with a suggestion. 

I agree with @EuedeAdodooedoe.@_Q_, how would you like to see your criticisms improved upon?

59 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

You already posted this in suggestions, so I'm confused as to why you have posted about this in general section and without giving any specific examples of what could be improved about them. There's no purpose to this if you can't be more specific, so, I would suggest you put in some examples, although then it would need to be in suggestions and feedback.

Also, it would be good to change the title, because it's misleading. Makes you think this is about you having an error instead of you having problems with the game's design.

If you read it would get the general direction of improvemnt, for starters item balance, that would somewhat create the need for various sesonal items that are currently in game, but are nothing more than vanity items in current state.

Cutting all year round food source called monster meat would not hurt either, along with overharvesting mechanics for easy food sources like rabbits and moles, and removing the ability to cook alive birds over campfire to get 100% cooked morsel drop.

Making eggs from birdcage chance based drop like 30% - 40%, making birds only accept dried monster meat, the same with crock pot, now its just way to easy to get food, and even with changes mentioned above you would still have more than enough, but at least drying racks would see more use.

But there is much more to it than this, like there is that plant disease now, sadly it only applies to replanted plants and takes 50 days to hit off, no idea why and what for, on last server I lost 5 grass to this, just wow, such destruction. Again some mechanic that could affect gameplay in some way that is completely not used, beside the fact that you need to replant your bushes and what not every 50 days to reset the timer.

You can notice some sings that the game wants to be survival game but in the end everything gets nerfed to the ground cause people start whining on forums or whatever the reason may be.

7 minutes ago, JustAPineapple said:

Did you really make another post just to complain again after your last one got locked?

If someone on the internet posts something you don't agree with you can ignore it and move on, but I guess what you are really after is starting some flaming just so the next thread YOU don't like to see gets locked down.

1 minute ago, _Q_ said:

If someone on the internet posts something you don't agree with you can ignore it and move on, but I guess what you are really after is starting some flaming just so the next thread YOU don't like to see gets locked down.

Shouldn't this at least in the suggestions forum like the last one instead of in general?

Just now, JustAPineapple said:

Shouldn't this at least in the suggestions forum like the last one instead of in general?

No, this is not a suggestion, this is general complaint about butchering otherwise fine game.

sheesh we get it, you don't like the game. why still post on the community forums, which is gonna be filled with people who enjoy the game. just to spite them?

I'd be ok with these posts if you actually gave constructive feedback to begin with, but all you're essentially doing is "I don't like this. End of"

And I hate to break it to you, but pretty much every game is gonna be easy if you play it enough. I remember when I first played Don't Starve, I could barely manage it. 200 hours or so later I no longer play the game for a challenge; i play it because I find it fun.

If you're looking for a challenge then use world options to reduce food spawns or even use mods to change mob health and tweak other things; make the game how you want it. Just because the game isn't how you want it doesn't mean it has to change for everyone else.

2 minutes ago, Ashkain said:

sheesh we get it, you don't like the game. why still post on the community forums, which is gonna be filled with people who enjoy the game. just to spite them?

I'd be ok with these posts if you actually gave constructive feedback to begin with, but all you're essentially doing is "I don't like this. End of"

And I hate to break it to you, but pretty much every game is gonna be easy if you play it enough. I remember when I first played Don't Starve, I could barely manage it. 200 hours or so later I no longer play the game for a challenge; i play it because I find it fun.

If you're looking for a challenge then use world options to reduce food spawns or even use mods to change mob health and tweak other things; make the game how you want it. Just because the game isn't how you want it doesn't mean it has to change for everyone else.

This. This a lot.

Think about other players too. Adding all of those "challenges" would make the game fun for you, but egregiously difficult for newer players or casual ones such as myself. Every game gets easy once you learn it - i too miss my newbie days, when i could barely survive winter and lived by a thread. But you know what could help bring that magic back? Using mods or world settings, like suggested by Ashkain. They exist to let players modify and change the game to their liking, whether to make it easier or harder.

USE THEM. DON'T BE SELFISH. AND FOR THE LOVE OF CHARLIE POST THIS TO SUGGESTIONS AND FEEDBACK INSTEAD.

5 minutes ago, Ashkain said:

You don't even need to play this very long for it to be easy, its just easy from get go. You can die in few first hours after starting playing, then its just impossible to die, and you simply remove whole game mechanics with onr or 2 items, that is hardly fun.

2 minutes ago, Palecwsmalec1 said:

This. This a lot.

Think about other players too. Adding all of those "challenges" would make the game fun for you, but egregiously difficult for newer players or casual ones such as myself. Every game gets easy once you learn it - i too miss my newbie days, when i could barely survive winter and lived by a thread. But you know what could help bring that magic back? Using mods or world settings, like suggested by Ashkain. They exist to let players modify and change the game to their liking, whether to make it easier or harder.

USE THEM. DON'T BE SELFISH. AND FOR THE LOVE OF CHARLIE POST THIS TO SUGGESTIONS AND FEEDBACK INSTEAD.

There is nothing more selfish than make it easy and casual crowd, why not the other way around, its to hard for you? Go modify it so it will be easier. Not so fun now?

1 minute ago, _Q_ said:

You don't even need to play this very long for it to be easy, its just easy from get go. You can die in few first hours after starting playing, then its just impossible to die, and you simply remove whole game mechanics with onr or 2 items, that is hardly fun.

Its like never take risks and always doing things the easy way makes the game easy

Many of the items that you've complained about actually have uses in Together that didn't exist it DS. The rain hat is useful for Wickerbottom if someone else got the eyebrella and you want to use the end is nigh. So long as you learn to play without a backpack, most of the chest items become more useful too; e.g. the rain coat is better suited to WX then any other rain item. Finding uses for these items, and experimenting with the game is one thing that more players should be doing. For instance, I've recently been experimenting with turning magma pools into automated cooked meat and hounds tooth factories.

I think a lot of the gripes you have with the game could easily be solved with messing around with the world settings and adding in a mod to implement the food changes you suggested. If you're irked by disease then turn it off. If you want to balance the bird cage and other food sources the way you said, I know that you're a very competent modder. 

Just now, _Q_ said:

There is nothing more selfish than make it easy and casual crowd, why not the other way around, its to hard for you? Go modify it so it will be easier. Not so fun now?

Not... really? If a game's too hard, i'll just install a mod or something that makes it easier or adapt to the game.

1 minute ago, Tosh said:

Many of the items that you've complained about actually have uses in Together that didn't exist it DS. The rain hat is useful for Wickerbottom if someone else got the eyebrella and you want to use the end is nigh. So long as you learn to play without a backpack, most of the chest items become more useful too; e.g. the rain coat is better suited to WX then any other rain item. Finding uses for these items, and experimenting with the game is one thing that more players should be doing. For instance, I've recently been experimenting with turning magma pools into automated cooked meat and hounds tooth factories.

I think a lot of the gripes you have with the game could easily be solved with messing around with the world settings and adding in a mod to implement the food changes you suggested. If you're irked by disease then turn it off. If you want to balance the bird cage and other food sources the way you said, I know that you're a very competent modder. 

Disease is not exisitng for me at all, I don't bother to replant stuff, since i'm in the base every 4 - 5 days or so just to cook food for the next round around the empty world without any dangers.

Just now, _Q_ said:

Disease is not exisitng for me at all, I don't bother to replant stuff, since i'm in the base every 4 - 5 days or so just to cook food for the next round around the empty world without any dangers.

Just.. just go fight a boss. Find a challenge. go to the caves and for a ruins raid. Danger is everywhere, but you don't seem to bother to toy with it from what i'm hearing.

1 minute ago, _Q_ said:

What would these dangers be? Would you want mobs to have more health? deal more damage? Have more spawn points or more frequent and dangerous waves? Maybe a mod which disables sewing kits so there's more of an incentive to go out and gather needed resources. You could tune hunger drain, reduce food drops or otherwise make food scarce. These are all things that could maybe give you the harsher survival experience you want and it would only take a bit of coding work to implement.

Just now, Palecwsmalec1 said:

Just.. just go fight a boss. Find a challenge. go to the caves and for a ruins raid. Danger is everywhere, but you don't seem to bother to toy with it from what i'm hearing.

Bosses are optional, I killed Deerclops twice for example, to get the hat and eyeball for turret, can kill other bosses solo as well, this is just optional content that has minimal impact on day to day life inside the game, they exist, I can kill them, but really don't need to.

And that bits of optional content are not able to cover lucklaster balance and weak survival aspect.

12 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

Bosses are optional, I killed Deerclops twice for example, to get the hat and eyeball for turret, can kill other bosses solo as well, this is just optional content that has minimal impact on day to day life inside the game, they exist, I can kill them, but really don't need to.

And that bits of optional content are not able to cover lucklaster balance and weak survival aspect.

So, by your logic all you should do in this game is sit around a camp fire and not starve to death, occasionally fighting off a hound attack and Deerclops. Right.

Well, some people who play this game play it for the adventure, they play it to do new feats of strength like killing the Toadstool or Fuelweaver. Some people just want to dominate the world and make it theirs.

Just because you lack the wanderlust to do anything in the game doesn't mean its flawed. Not every game needs a quest giver to tell you what to do. Its your world, your rules! If you wanna play it like you do and complain its boring and easy then thats 100% your fault.

Just go and count actual food sources and other items in the game world.

At any given time for whatever season you wont even be close to running out of something, the only time you can run out of something is when you simply forgot to gather it, not cause the thing you want is not available in this season or something, beside few small things like blue birds, that are only winter, not that mass prducing darts is required anyway.

World ruled by a shadow, that is very predictable and safe, where you don't really need to swing a weapon once, you can get out of every problem without using weapons, you can even get all food without using weapons and in general figthing is just making it a bit faster.

Any server with standard settings would be able to hold 64 players at once and no one would be close to starving anyway.

Where are other things like solar eclipse with nightmares running wild, where are mechanics that would add some kind of actual gameplay, like removing nightmares that are overtaking over some parts of the world etc.

World is just there for you unchanging and static, but now you have optional events, after building a base you get your friends and kill that boss with huge HP, and then go back to doing nothing.

Archived