So nothing really changed for this game, its still the same old you can live forever thingy, but with more highly optional stuff, old problems inherided from DS version, with new problems added with some changes to bosses.

World is really not trying to kill me, I can sit in base and leave when winter comes to avoid deerclops, preferably leading deerclops to the place where bearger is sleeping and letting bearger kill him, then go back to doing nothing, until some hounds come to get killed by a bunch of beefalos or die on tooth trap field or whatever.

World is to static and survival is granted as it was before, so nothing changed in this regard.

So put some fancy skins on and get bored to death by unchanging world, meh.

Hoped for some more changes and events that would actually change the survival rules every now and then and shake things up, instead its still the same stuff, static and boring.

Spawn bearger ONCE and forget about him ever after GG.

Day 220 and I sit here yawning and wondering why I even started to play this game.

Boring, dissapointing and highly overrated.

30 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

So nothing really changed for this game, its still the same old you can live forever thingy, but with more highly optional stuff, old problems inherided from DS version, with new problems added with some changes to bosses.

World is really not trying to kill me, I can sit in base and leave when winter comes to avoid deerclops, preferably leading deerclops to the place where bearger is sleeping and letting bearger kill him, then go back to doing nothing, until some hounds come to get killed by a bunch of beefalos or die on tooth trap field or whatever.

World is to static and survival is granted as it was before, so nothing changed in this regard.

Hoped for some more changes and events that would actually change the survival rules every now and then and shake things up, instead its still the same stuff, static and boring.

Day 220 and I sit here yawning and wondering why I even started to play this game.

That's your opinion ;)

Have you tried killing a raid boss, playing with friends, raiding the ruins, getting the moon staff, making a good looking base, taming a beefalo, making pig or bunny farms, or making a zoo?

If you have done these, which I doubt, then just start again. Something tells me you only mentioning the bearger and deerclops means you have barely explored the game, probably barely explored the map.

@_Q_ what would you like to see change to improve it? I know that a lot of the new content (save for Antlion) has been focused on adding optional gameplay which is intended to be fun for groups of people. If you wanted harsher content that actively seeks you out and tries to destroy you, I feel like that is something that would be much more likely to be implemented into single player than Together. DS suits the whole Rogue-like(like) genre a lot better than DST. I know that the Devs have recently commented on Youtube saying that they're exploring new content for DS, so hopefully they bring implement some more challenging game modes there.

The thing is, when Klei try to "shake thing up" by, for example, putting disease, adding resource variant or adding a monster requiring some offerings if you want to be quiet, some people find this annoying or tedious.

Ok, it's fine if someone don't like the news things, but i mean, the things people are complaining about lately are mostly two things :

- "I can't kill this DST boss alone"

- "The new mechanism force me to do things i don't like"

There is a moment when i want to ask : is it really possible to shake things up without losing players or making them angry ? You posted something about Antlion some days ago, it was more or less "i don't want to be annoyed by it, it's stupid, need to change". Ok. You have your own, strong taste about Antlion. But Antlion is doing what you want, it shake things up, it add a new threat and multiples way to manage it (offering, fight).

So you want a world more trying to kill you and when the world is trying to destroy your base or to make you do something, you hate it.

Maybe because you don't really like to be forced to do something, rather than the something being that bad.

And it's the core of the problem. People want more contents, and people think they want more thing trying to kill them or shaking things up or whatever, but in fact a lot of people will dislike change imposed on them. Some will hate diseases, some the antlion, some the grass geckos or the twiggy trees...

I saw no one saying (after the needed balance of the beta) "i hate the toadstool" or "i hate the bee queen", there are comments saying "i would like this boss being doable alone", but people are not complaining about theses bosses usually because they don't have to fight them if they don't want to. It's the things people are forced to deal with that create complains.

So how to add things shaking things up without force the player to interact with them ?

This is all the problem. Not everyone want a world to become harder and harder over time. Not everyone want things to shake up, not everyone will like more monster trying to kill you. So how to do this well ?

Something the player can activate so after that the world become more strange and difficult ? Like, i don't know, you have to complete a reverse teleportato that instead of let you escape, will bring more dangers and all in the world (would be great for caves but not everyone plays with cave). So you want more difficulty you search it, you don't want you are quiet. But it have downsides too.

Anyway, if you are still bored by the game, make a break again. If you don't enjoy it, it's fine. If people are enjoying it, maybe they just have differents tastes and way to enjoy the game.

On paper, i would like to see things changing over time, new stuff, new dangers. But concretely, i know it's very hard to do well. And especially hard to do in a game when every player has his own taste and his own setting for difficulty. So it's easy to complain about the game being boring, but it's not like solving this is easy, because you have to adapt the game to everyone. And if people WANTING change DISLIKE change like you, then it shows that you are requiring a lot of works, not some easy changes.

The fact that nearly no mods are really solving this is another proof for me that the amount of work this require is really huge. And i'm pretty sure Klei worked hard on this. But they said in the past, if i'm not wrong, that they tried things that didn't worked, and i guess that a world changing and becoming more agressive was probably one of them. Maybe it's harder to make than it seems.

1 hour ago, _Q_ said:

Did you ever think its boring because your just sitting in base and doing nothing? Try doing something like building a mega base actually fighting the bosses, exploring the ruins and finding the atrium and fighting the ancient full weaver, or maybe even do a run where you live underground entirely, just mess around doing stuff with friends, challenge yourself by maybe not always doing the easy things that are boring to you, or even actually play the game, come up with your own ideas for fun things to do because there sure is plenty of them

The game is only boring to you because your letting it be boring any game is boring if you don't actively do anything 

• Developer

Thank you for your feedback. You are free to make a new thread suggesting what you believe should change and/or be added to the game to make it better, but please, try to write it with a lighter, or at least more impartial tone. Thank you for understanding.

Archived