Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Cheerio

Oxygen Not Included - Early Access Coming May 18

Recommended Posts

Cheerio    1,382

ONI_EA_Forum.png

Oxygen Not Included Entering Early Access

First off, we would like to extend a major thanks for the amazing community response to the Oxygen Not Included Alpha. When we released the game on the forums we'd hoped for a few dozen people to try it out and give feedback, but instead over a hundred thousand of you played the game. This was the best surprise we could have received.

We're now excited to announce that Oxygen Not Included will be entering Steam Early Access on May 18th. It will cost $24.99, and anyone who owns an existing Klei game on Steam will receive a 20% loyalty discount. Players who purchased Oxygen Not Included in Alpha will not need to purchase the game again.

Upcoming Agricultural Upgrade

Additionally, we have been working with a handful of dedicated members of the community over the last few weeks to test an experimental build branch in preparation for Early Access.

These players have been working with us to provide feedback on the new Agricultural Update content, and we're happy to say it's now in a place where we are ready to share with you all. It will be released on May 18th along with Early Access.

binge_eater_loop.gif

Key Features

  • New Items and Buildings: Discover new plants, buildings and yummy cooking recipes
  • Improved Crop Tending: Build pipe systems and irrigate your crops using new farm plots
  • New Farming Systems: The Harvest Rating Point system now allows you to increase the yield of your harvest by meeting ideal growing conditions for crops
  • New Duplicant Stress Responses: Tears will be shed and rations will be eaten with new Ugly Crier and Binge Eater traits
  • And More: New features, improvements, bug fixes, rebalances and more!

We're excited to share this new content with you, and would like to offer a big thanks to the players who participated in the Closed Testing during this period. Your feedback was tremendously helpful and we are grateful for your continued support.

Join us on the livestream!
We'll be showing off the Agricultural Upgrade today at 3:30PDT! Come check us out on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/kleientertainment

Frequently Asked Questions 

What are the system requirements?
Specs are likely to change, but currently these are the requirements we have. It is highly recommended that you do not purchase if you aren't over this spec as we may have to raise the spec in the future. 

  • OS: Windows 7 64 bit or Windows 8 64 bit or Windows 10 64 bit
  • Processor: I5 2.0 GHz Dual core(or AMD equivalent)
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Intel HD 4600 (AMD or NVIDIA equivalent)
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 1.5 GB available space

Will there be OSX/Linux support?
We plan on adding OSX/Linux support at a later date.

What about other platforms(consoles/mobile)?
There are no plans to support any other platforms at this time.

I found a bug/have a suggestion. What should I do?
Come let us know about it on the forums!

Will there be multiplayer?
There are currently no plans to add multiplayer.

Is there an NDA, can I stream the Early Access?
There is no nondisclosure agreement, and you are welcome to stream and make videos of your gameplay according to our content guidelines. Feel free to let your viewers know that we welcome their feedback as well!

Can I get that cool art for my desktop background?

Here you go!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
deloquac    12

wow,how can i get the early-access test qualification, can`t wait the new branch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SamLogan    160
Beowulfe    86

Glad to hear it! Looking forward to a great future with this game, should be a lot of hours of creativity and problem solving to come. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pinstar    8

I would love to get into the unstable branch to help test!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beowulfe    86
Just now, Pinstar said:

I would love to get into the unstable branch to help test!

I believe it's mostly members that have been around for a long time and dedicated a lot of time to the game and community that are involved right now. Though, I agree, would love to be in myself too. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cha0Z    63

The Steam family Sharing will be available in Early Acess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
watermelen671    1,028

Will we be able access the Pre-Agricultural update early like the Thermal Update or nah? (I wanna see dupes cry...erm! Purely for scientific reasons, naturally. *Coughs Suspiciously*:wilson_curious:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ImDaMisterL    17,410
11 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Will we be able access the Pre-Agricultural update early like the Thermal Update or nah?

A closed group of testers were testing some stuff from the update already to make it perfect for the release!

But no, I don't think it'll have an open test version...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neal121    3
20 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

A closed group of testers were testing some stuff from the update already to make it perfect for the release!

But no, I don't think it'll have an open test version...

Just be happy we have the alpha access... pretty close to open test already. Just have to wait *INSERT WHATEVER NUMBER OF DAYS LEFT UNTIL 18TH HERE* days until we can all play. No early christmas this time by the sounds of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ImDaMisterL    17,410
5 minutes ago, neal121 said:

No early christmas this time by the sounds of it.

At least not to the ones who aren't in the closed teting build :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zervo    72

every time i look the poster.

the dupe on the right always make me chuckle.

his expression, that concern face is so funny while the lead Dupe who giving the presentation is like "we will do it like this, nothing can go wrong, right? right?" (while making that slightly unsure smile of his)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
_Q_    472

Just don't water it down like Don't Starve and Don't Starve Togoether, meaning don't make it easy and full of optional contnet that you wont even need to run a colony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zervo    72
22 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

Just don't water it down like Don't Starve and Don't Starve Togoether, meaning don't make it easy and full of optional contnet that you wont even need to run a colony.

i think balance is the key.

later on they can then add a feature to increase/decrease the difficulty manually.

 

Casual or even beginner players are customer too, not less not more than the veteran or elite player.

all of the player should in a way be able to play all the content given in the game. though a challenge still needed to make the game fun and challenging. but making it too hard that makes only the veteran or highly skilled player be able to enjoy the full content is not fair for the rest of the player base consumer.

 

and because those casual and beginner player are usually not visiting and talking in the forum.

what happen is, it looks like that the game is too easy, because only the skilled player are complaining or giving their thought on the matter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tehMugwump    424
25 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

meaning don't make it easy and full of optional contnet that you wont even need to run a colony.

Options are never bad.  That's one of the great things about Don't Starve (and Factorio) in that they let you set up the game you want to play. Want a hard-core death simulator?  Don't Starve gives you that 'option'.  Want a more casual fun time?  You get that too.

You don't want ONI to just be for the hard-core players. You want options that appeal to all players.

/soapbox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
_Q_    472
3 minutes ago, Zervo said:

i think balance is the key.

later on they can then add a feature to increase/decrease the difficulty manually.

 

Casual or even beginner players are customer too, not less not more than the veteran or elite player.

all of the player should in a way be able to play all the content given in the game. though a challenge still needed to make the game fun and challenging. but making it too hard that makes only the veteran or highly skilled player be able to enjoy the full content is not fair for the rest of the player base consumer.

 

and because those casual and beginner player are usually not visiting and talking in the forum.

what happen is, it looks like that the game is too easy, because only the skilled player are complaining or giving their thought on the matter

Ever heard of something called learnig?

You all insist that casual players are mentally disabled and not able to learn, and then instead of putting mechanics to deal with a problem to some extent in game, you put mechanics that remove whole problem whatsoever, so instead of managing some balance between various problems you just build one item/structure and whole problem is removed and whole mechanic that was put there to cause some probems is simply gone forever. Instead of managing something you just can stare at the screen now, cause problem is gone and you can survive forever. So after a while you are left with a screen saver instead of a game that should have some action/tasks to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zervo    72
15 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

Ever heard of something called learnig?

You all insist that casual players are mentally disabled and not able to learn, and then instead of putting mechanics to deal with a problem to some extent in game, you put mechanics that remove whole problem whatsoever, so instead of managing some balance between various problems you just build one item/structure and whole problem is removed and whole mechanic that was put there to cause some probems is simply gone forever. Instead of managing something you just can stare at the screen now, cause problem is gone and you can survive forever. So after a while you are left with a screen saver instead of a game that should have some action/tasks to do.

i think you read my post in the wrong direction and assuming the wrong things too.

 

And of course casual player can learn and probably love challenge too, just not in the same level as you or any other hardcore gamer.

I won't be surprise if there is a gamer who is quite smart or even a genius but don't like to play a game that is too hard or need a lot of learning curve or seriousness or lot of time to invest in.

 

as a matter of fact, you can see that in a lot of different game with survival or management theme, there is quite large gamer that love the game but want to play it with little or no challenge at all.

for example, i can imagine some of my friend who love to play this game, but in sandbox mode. which mean they will still be able to create things without any resource and all and want this as a feature not as a command box.

and i can see that my little cousin can play this game in that mode too.

just to let her have fun in her own way, not hinder by the game "challenge", she loves to build & design stuff :)

 

these people just want to build a colony, a big one, perhaps design and decorate things the way they want it.

they find "fun" in doing so.. not by clearing or being able to build a colony with highly management skill and thought or plan to make it efficient, free maintenance, etc..

 

there are different kind of fun & challenge, and each gamer have different taste.

we don't need to trample each other down.

 

i fall into the challenge category, but i still respect people who still want to play the game in moderate kind of difficulty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites