Make Willow's lighter infinite again

But maybe at the cost of instead of directly lighting things on fire with it, things would smolder for a little bit (Kind of like a real lighter) so Willow players could not grief so easy. (seriously torches are easy to make so that Wilson is just as likely)

Also, maybe make the lighter function like Lucy and other characters could not pick it up saying things like "Too hot!" or "It burned me!" and plus for other players you'll be getting lanterns eventually anyway.

Heck, even now...Willow's lighter isn't expensive, but it requires just enough resources for the recrafting to be a bit of an annoyance.

Infinite light already functionally exists considering how cheap torches are. Lanterns/Miner hats/Magilumins are easy to keep fueled.
Being able to refuel her lighter with combustibles and giving it a really high capacity would work. Makes more sense than building a new one every time.

I don't think they nerfed her lighter because the potential of trolling, I thought they made it finite and craftable because if you can give it and drop it you can lost it, now is not infinite but at least you can make a new one always.
I miss the infinite lighter too but I think the actual lighter mechanic can be improved

It could refuel itself over time, and the light radius could be proportional to its current fuel rate. Then it would be infinite and worth keeping in your inventory while still not being constantly usable. It wouldn't be possible to immediately explore the whole caves only using the lighter, for example, since it would run out after a while, but if you had saved up on the fuel it could save you through one short night, for example, and then refuel itself in a day or so.

May as well, honestly. Griefers can already do enough damage with it's durability in place. It may even be better if it only causes smouldering, as new griefers wouldn't notice the update and we could put the flames out easier.

On 2017-5-1 at 11:15 PM, cactusarms said:

But maybe at the cost of instead of directly lighting things on fire with it, things would smolder for a little bit (Kind of like a real lighter) so Willow players could not grief so easy. (seriously torches are easy to make so that Wilson is just as likely)

Also, maybe make the lighter function like Lucy and other characters could not pick it up saying things like "Too hot!" or "It burned me!" and plus for other players you'll be getting lanterns eventually anyway.

Meh.

Doesn't bother me too much. I just wish she would stop freezing when she got crazy.

Archived