Sign in to follow this  
CakerKid555

need bigportrait help!

CakerKid555    21

So I've been working on a character mod for Don't Starve Together, and I went to make a bigportrait file, converted it into .tex, then put it into the folder. But when I went to the game, I saw a white box around the bigportrait (I covered up the character just because i want to keep that part a secret ;))

What causes this, and how can i fix it?

bandicam 2017-04-29 15-12-31-070.jpg

DarkKingBoo    169

Check your settings for the TexCreator tool (I assume you're using this).

recommended is:

Pixel Format - DXT5

Texture Type- 2D

Mipmap Resize Filter- Default

Also what version of Textools are you using? I actually had to use an older version of textools since the latest version wasn't converting the images with the settings I actually set for it.

CakerKid555    21
Posted (edited)

I'm using TexTool 1.2.0, i think. I just took the bigportrait template and photoshopped my character on there. Idk if TexTool exported the file as what you included, but i will be sure to check that. Since this is one of the first mods i'm doing, I may be a little ignorant to some of the small details like this. But as they say, mistakes are part of learning.

EDIT: Now using the settings that you recommended, it just crashes when it tries to load the bigportrait. I honestly have no clue what to do as of now XD

Edited by CakerKid555

CakerKid555    21
Posted (edited)

Now i'm thinking a white box is better than it crashing every time I open DST...

Should I try to "generate mipmaps"?

Edited by CakerKid555

RinShigure    4

@CakerKid555 No, if someone still needs the information, the only thing you need to do is work with ".png" image format that way you won't get any other colors in your images (".png" supports transparency)

• Like 1

CakerKid555    21

I always turn my photoshopped pictures into the .png format after i've done editing them.