[Rewritten] Why DST should entirely replace DS

Reposted due to brigading from an abusive moderator and his Discord of idiots. Not to mention the fact I clearly have to point out every minor detail or otherwise nobody can clearly get their goddamn stupid heads around it. Thank you for your time.

Don't Starve

-Renamed to Don't Starve: Legacy

-Removed from sale on the Steam Store

-Reign of Giants DLC exchanged for something on DS(T). Shipwrecked DLC exchanged for owning it on DS(T)

Don't Starve Together

-Renamed to Don't Starve

-Shipwrecked ported

-Alone mode added (Maxwell's Reign - Runs ROG but not ANR by default.)

Alone

Menu Screen: Play, Outfits, Collection, Exit (Maxwell will miss you!)

Background: Maxwell's Door, in the style of the DST UI with the Florid Postern. A random character with it's Outfit on will come out.

-Together mode added (Charlie's Reign - Runs ROG and ANR by default. Characters are rebalanced for Multiplayer.)

Together

Menu Screen: Play Online, Host, Outfits, Collection, Exit (Charlie will miss you!)

Background: Florid Postern, as it currently is. A random character you have met will come out.

-Shipwrecked mode added (which is naturally only accessible by owning the Shipwrecked DLC)

Shipwrecked

Menu Screen: Play Alone, Play Online, Host,  Outfits, Collection, Exit (Wolly will miss you!)

Background: Wolly on the Crashed Boat (from the start of Shipwrecked)

Play Alone

Set in Maxwell's Reign (or potentially different - They can retcon the lore.)

Basically just Shipwrecked.

Play Together

Set in Charlie's Reign

Crew's Ships and other multi-person ships are added.

Characters are rebalanced for SW multiplayer.

Game-modes in SW Online:

Survival - "Sunken Boat" works like the Portal in DST.

Wilderness - Players wash up on beaches when they join.

Endless - "Sunken Boat" works like the Portal in DST. World can not reset.

Any questions or CONSTRUCTIVE criticism that is not brigading or you not reading the post? Leave it below.

I think it should be like it is in DS regular for DST if you add SW.

A wilderness world can be made, and you can switch between them via seaworthy.

Also, we need a new spawner if it takes place from DST, kinda like a portal inside the wreckage of a huge ship.

1 minute ago, Master Jand said:

I think it should be like it is in DS regular for DST if you add SW.

A wilderness world can be made, and you can switch between them via seaworthy.

Also, we need a new spawner if it takes place from DST, kinda like a portal inside the wreckage of a huge ship.

They wouldn't be linked, like how SW was supposed to be. This is mostly due to the way that people will complain if:

a) it requires more than Caves + Forest shards

b) it isn't linked at all

You can't win, so I chose to separate them like the original vision. If I can find a good way I'll link them back up.

I have an idea for a Portal, but I guess Florid Postern would replace it as Charlie doesn't like your damn engineering.

3 hours ago, Sudura2017 said:

Reign of Giants DLC exchanged for something on DS(T). Shipwrecked DLC exchanged for owning it on DS(T)

Renamed to Don't Starve: Legacy

-Removed from sale on the Steam Store

Quote function messed up 

Crew's Ships and other multi-person ships are added.

Characters are rebalanced for SW multiplayer.

thats would be three differn't player balances just depending on mode as well as adding somewhat new content to SW which already has a shaky foundation. 

Also DS follows in somethings has differen't mechnics for some things like sleep or caves it would be a pain that everything all lumped together works well.

Just now, Donke60 said:

Quote function messed up 

thats would be three differn't player balances just depending on mode as well as adding somewhat new content to SW which already has a shaky foundation. 

Also DS follows in somethings has differen't mechnics for some things like sleep or caves it would be a pain that everything all lumped together works well.

Everything lumped together is good. Way more modding potential, one solid playerbase and you don't have to port SW to add say, wind.

Also the player divide would be worse or they would just leave entirely because DS wouldn't be sold anymore your trying to erase it from history almost. You couldn't do that DS was the pioneer and DST the sequal. Its like if I wrote two books in a series then all of a sudden they stop production of the first book and then burn the copies at retail stores. Just because the Publisher favored the second book and decided to make it a standalone title. And all I got for my work is a ten dollar giftcard.

While I agree with you that Don't Starve shouldn't ever be touched again this whole thing is just a complete waste of time and here's why:

• Taking Don't Starve off the Steam store is only money out of Klei's pocket. Doesn't seem like a reasonable business choice to make.
  • Don't Starve could be left just the way it is. No need for any new content or change of name or anything.
  • Klei does not want to port SW at all. Not only was the DLC rushed because of their entire fan base (including me) nagging them to put it on an old engine when they had planned to make a whole new client. Which ended up making the DLC kind of not good. But I'm pretty sure that since it was a collab with Cappy they would have to deal with quite a bit of legal stuff to make it a thing in DST.
  • Single player mode in DST? Ehh.. I doubt that's in Klei's interest considering DS exists...

Now while I believe it is a waste of time for Klei I've actually planned to do a bunch of this stuff myself! I'm going to be making a single player mode in Unnatural Selection that rebalances tons of tuning values as well as make minor changes to a few mobs. (such as the Ewecus) It'll even go as far as allowing you to set up as many worlds as you want to! Making it so that only one server runs and it just changes the worldgen between surface/caves/SW/etc.

And as for Shipwrecked/Island Adventures... There will end up being 2 world gens that we create out of this. One that mixes the surface world with the SW world and one that is only SW content! This allows for people who can't run more than 2 shards to still enjoy it as well as those who prefer the vanilla SW experience! But what about how bad of a DLC SW was? It still has tons of potential and that will be taken advantage of with Unnatural Selection! We will be adding onto the IA content to fill in blank/missing spots wherever we can so that when both US and IA are enabled at the same time you get tons of bonus content and it makes IA/SW fun!

Whether or not you like that is your choice... But that's just the way things are! I'm not being rude by squandering your ideas... I'm merely being honest! ;)

If you look about the year where Don't Starve was published in its early access, it was on the year of 2013 and was developed and change over time by the updates that can be concretely found at Klei's Youtube channel. But you didn't overlook points outside and inside the game as well.

• Taking out the original Don't Starve would be taking out one of the different ways for Klei Entertainment to earn cash that provides the content created for almost all Klei Entertainment games.
  • Taking out the original Don't Starve would be creating conflict between almost the player base itself spouting discussions and create a reputation of such behavior.
  • Taking out of it is a heavy decision which affects the game itself and Klei Entertainment which has a huge consequence if they did it.
  • Taking it all out would mean leaving the game's history for good.

Another thought is how they operate:

• Don't Starve doesn't use "shards" unlike Together, which means Don't Starve has ease in operating on lower ended computers unlike Together which needed powerful processing in order to play the game as it is.
  • Don't Starve has a different lore same of Together, this can ruin the experience of a player whose especially digging in through the game's lore and would confuse him/her.

Combining the two games together seems to be promising but I don't see any bright daylight for that suggestion.

Spoiler

@Sudura2017, for a Mastermind you didn't master enough to mind courtesy to an online game forum.  Sorry to say to you, you are an impolite, rude, and even yet sharp tongued person. Mentioning words of idiocy for people who aren't deserved to be called of. Either make an agreement to forgive you mentioned of or be that ignorant brat.  Obligatory forgiveness. @Sudura2017

http://ytcropper.com/cropped/N15903ee58b19e4

@ImDaMisterLor any moderators, lock this thread 

• Developer

Again, a thread usually is locked once discussion stops being civil.

Discussion stops being civil once posts start targetting users and not the matter itself.

This is a warning. I will lock the thread if civil discussion is no longer happening.

This entire suggestion is dumb and stupid, but I have an easy fix to make it good and doable:

Spoiler
8 hours ago, Sudura2017 said:

Don't Starve

-added spat

-added olfactory klaus

-removed beefalos

-removed wigfrid

-building farmplots uninstalls the game

-spat can now breed

Don't Starve Together

-deleted

Archived