Too Many Hounds for One Player on Server

Are you splitting up or staying together? Those numbers seem to indicate one or two players are close together when they spawn. Even then, with all those tooth drops, it would be more viable to set up a panic area for hound attacks. 15-18 hounds means a lot of meat and extra drops. May as well take them.

I also play alone but I think I have between 8-10. Not sure. Anyway, with all those tooth drops start creating more trap fields further away from your base. I have 3 in my world. Having more than one gives me the opportunity to venture out and camp somewhere else like the desert or near the moon base. You can also gather treeguards (I do that to kill giants) by chopping a lot of trees (with help of pig bros) and have them kill the hounds; lure them to your desired destination and plant trees in front of them to pacify them. They will stay there and the more you have the better. Having several spots for hounds to die is very convienient and makes your life less stressful. It's a lot of work but I like being busy and have several bases in my world. Good luck to you

9 hours ago, IDMikhail said:

Yes, I can create it. The problem is that I'm not permanently on base and I can be far away from the base and from the field.

Find some kind of distraction then. Spiders, beefalo, tentacles or even hop into a wormhole and come back later with a pig or two to help fight them.

Well the game is suppose to get harder and harder the more you advance.. I'm in my 100+ day in a Alone server too and usualy my method of dealing with the pricks is leading the pack to the beefalos and letting them do the job, works everytime.. You can also set a tooth trap carpet and just dance around there, that's how I deal with giants.

Archived