Super-N00b Art Thread

Before I post anything, I just want to admit something. I've spent my time honing my writing skills, not my drawing skills, so I don't have the *best* drawings. I don't have any way to make digital art (except perhaps with a mousepad and mouse) so it's all hand draw, and I'm still working on doing original poses. I'm also still working on actually doing humans, because I tend to work on the creatures more. I'm posting on here really for tips you guys could maybe give me on some of my drawings '=D I'm also working on how to shade with a pencil and color blend better. But as I said, I'm still working on original positioning so some pictures are drawn from the game and some others are more than that

IMG_20161201_214115.jpg

IMG_20161203_103805.jpg

Nightmare_Colored.jpg

IMG_20160802_015155.jpg

Popsicle.png

Edited by Pokemaniac7000
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

If I could suggest something, you might want to try sketching Webber's mouth and trying different expressions with that mouth.

I'll try that! I've just always found his actual expression a tad creepy, but I'll play around with that. Ty for commenting ^u^

• Like 1

Today's doodle. In case you guys haven't noticed I love drawing Webber. He's my favorite character to draw, so he's probably gonna be most of my drawings until I get the hang of positioning. I have to admit I was a bit proud of myself considering I didn't spend much time on this and it didn't turn out that horribly.

Show Off .jpg

Edited by Pokemaniac7000
  • Like 2

Yeah, that was the hardest part honestly. I literally spent more time on that frigging arm than I did on the rest of the picture. Also-

"What? Punching berries? Nooooooo, that doesn't sound like us at all. We are 100% sweetness that can never do anything wrong ever. Well, okay, we'll admit Wilson did get a teeny bit mad but it was still sort of funny."

Edited by Pokemaniac7000
  • Like 2

"We wish we could meet her! Wilson has some weird book that he keeps but it has all of us in it, and she was one of them! Well, we wish our group was bigger. It's just us, Wilson, and WX-78, so we don't get to play with others our age. Maybe after we get out of this world we can hang out some time!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pokemaniac7000 said:

"We wish we could meet her! Wilson has some weird book that he keeps but it has all of us in it, and she was one of them! Well, we wish our group was bigger. It's just us, Wilson, and WX-78, so we don't get to play with others our age. Maybe after we get out of this world we can hang out some time!"

Are you hinting at something? :wilson_sneaky:

• Like 1

"We're not sure we want to have anything similar to him... we didn't do anything! He just attacked us... thank goodness WX was there for us, we might not have made it out alive without him! Wilson was just speaking so... oddly. Surely he didn't mean to hurt us... right...?

Right?"

• Like 1

So in my universe I have several Night Monsters named, and decided to draw its final form (The Grue's name in my universe is Nightmare, who, when in its full form, is a wolf, so a lot of details are supposed to be wolf-like) (also Nightmare takes the form of its vessel, so this is basically an amalgamation of all of those forms)

Toby.JPG

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Pokemaniac7000 said:

Those are from a human named Rooney with half an angel's soul and half of the monster's soul. Rooney-uh-has the wings from the angel part of his soul '=D

Sounds similar to my persona, Ria. She's half dragon and has a tail ears and retractable (for convenience) wings.

Okay so I don't perceive Wilbur as many people I've seen do. So I decided to give drawing my version of him a shot and it turned into a pretty nice poster for my Wilbur side-story, The One True Heir

Not cover material but hey, it turned out pretty well considering I just drew cats then changed the ears...

TOTH Poster (2).jpg

• Like 2

Are you going to post that story in the "what they make of it" story thread after the story is concluded or just another thread?

The monkey designs make me think of the AIP dubbed Alakazam the Great.Interesting take on them. Who's Roslyn?