Fix cracked floor from earthquack

5 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Yeah, an item/structure to fix that would be ideal.

Actually, I think it's better that we cannot fix them by ourselves. They are a kind of punishment for not pleasing the Antlion and not leaving base in time. If there were some kind of fix for that, Antlion were almost not a challenge, in its current state however there are consequences if you anger him. I feel like that repairing the sinkholes (or are these the "cave-ins"?) would be something like if we could return Klaus from raged to its normal state after killing his Deers. 

23 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Actually, I think it's better that we cannot fix them by ourselves. They are a kind of punishment for not pleasing the Antlion and not leaving base in time. If there were some kind of fix for that, Antlion were almost not a challenge, in its current state however there are consequences if you anger him. I feel like that repairing the sinkholes (or are these the "cave-ins"?) would be something like if we could return Klaus from raged to its normal state after killing his Deers. 

All it takes is for one person to stay in camp to completely ruin the place. They could be new and not know about the antlion, or maybe they could be trying to intentionally grief.

And correct me if I'm wrong (I still spend most of my time in the caves during summer) but don't sinkholes also stop you from rebuilding? So not only are you being punished for someone not knowing about the antlion, but you're also unable to repair the camp for a lengthy amount of time.

35 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

If there were some kind of fix for that, Antlion were almost not a challenge

Right... because the occasional interruption suddenly forcing you to leave your camp is challenging. I think hounds accomplish that well enough on their own...

2 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

All it takes is for one person to stay in camp to completely ruin the place. They could be new and not know about the antlion, or maybe they could be trying to intentionally grief.

And correct me if I'm wrong (I still spend most of my time in the caves during summer) but don't sinkholes also stop you from rebuilding? So not only are you being punished for someone not knowing about the antlion, but you're also unable to repair the camp for a lengthy amount of time.

True, but I didn't count griefers because griefing with Antlion is one of the most unreliable way (I believe), there are many much more easier ways to destroy a base. And true, it's the only way to make areas non-buildable (you're right there), even if you encounter a griefer who managed to create sinkholes in your base, you just have to roll back to "fix" it, just like after every serious grief. About new players, the same thing can happen with Bearger, Deerclops, smoldering in flingo-less bases, etc, so I consider it just as another thing we must be aware of. And this happenes mainly on public servers, on private servers with friends or experienced players it won't be a problem. 

So my opinion is that a fixing tool is not needed, because the only difference it makes is that you cannot rebuild the base on the same location immediately, unlike after a Deerclops attack, where you can restore your whole base after the fight (assuming you got the materials), so it makes Antlion something unique.

But of course, if Klei decided to add such a tool to DST, I wouldn't complain, as then they would think it's necessary of very useful.

11 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Yeah, an item/structure to fix that would be ideal.

Yes, i agree. Maybe something like shovel (i would suggest pitchfork but it could maybe conflict with turf ?). With the need of multiple uses of the tool to remove entirely the sinkole, so it have a cost. Maybe 3 uses for each sinkole.

1 hour ago, Lumina said:

Yes, i agree. Maybe something like shovel (i would suggest pitchfork but it could maybe conflict with turf ?). With the need of multiple uses of the tool to remove entirely the sinkole, so it have a cost. Maybe 3 uses for each sinkole.

maybe using turf on it to patch the hole

Archived