Anybody else getting really sad when they consider the fact that every game server and every forum will get deleted one day and everyhing will be forgotten?

Symage

As the title says, I get really sad when looking at old games and their empty serverlists. I just imagine all the people who had fun there once eventually forgetting about the game and leaving it behind. All the people they met, all the game sessions they played on weekends, all of that will be forgotten. Just like forums. Look at me, I have forgotten this forum. I always wanted to join in and dicuss something but I always had something else to do. I don't even know if I know anyone anymore here. Every thread of mine is just "hey - did anyone leave? did I miss something?" and then I just fade away again. I have forgotten a lot, and I don't want to remember it anymore. I don't want to remember how much fun I had with people who I will never talk to anymore because they left the only platform where I know them - or because I betrayed and left them, I don't even want to know what happens to people once I loose contact with them. Do they die? Does their life go downhill? Do they move on? It just makes me sad to know so much and so little at the same time. Does anyone else feel this way or is it just me? 

I know how you feel, I've been out of touch with the rest of the Klei Forums since at least a year or two ago. It's because I've moved on to other games. And while I'd like to go back to DS and DST, I can't 100% do that. I've been behind so many updates, and I've forgotten all my knowledge from DS and DST and of course my disability always wants me to do something else. So I can't do anything but really respond to Off Topic Threads or draw stuff and put it in a thread. 

1 hour ago, Pyromailmann said:

I know how you feel, I've been out of touch with the rest of the Klei Forums since at least a year or two ago. It's because I've moved on to other games. And while I'd like to go back to DS and DST, I can't 100% do that. I've been behind so many updates, and I've forgotten all my knowledge from DS and DST and of course my disability always wants me to do something else. So I can't do anything but really respond to Off Topic Threads or draw stuff and put it in a thread. 

I'd like to play DS again too, but I have just played it so, so, so much back then that I can't see it anymore. Or at least it's not exciting anymore because I know everything already

4 hours ago, Symage said:

As the title says, I get really sad when looking at old games and their empty serverlists. I just imagine all the people who had fun there once eventually forgetting about the game and leaving it behind. All the people they met, all the game sessions they played on weekends, all of that will be forgotten. Just like forums. Look at me, I have forgotten this forum. I always wanted to join in and dicuss something but I always had something else to do. I don't even know if I know anyone anymore here. Every thread of mine is just "hey - did anyone leave? did I miss something?" and then I just fade away again. I have forgotten a lot, and I don't want to remember it anymore. I don't want to remember how much fun I had with people who I will never talk to anymore because they left the only platform where I know them - or because I betrayed and left them, I don't even want to know what happens to people once I loose contact with them. Do they die? Does their life go downhill? Do they move on? It just makes me sad to know so much and so little at the same time. Does anyone else feel this way or is it just me? 

My day is a whole lot worse from just thinking about it :cry:

There's a lot of new servers and topic popping up, though. You will keep making friends this way. And the people you stop talking to, you can, statistically speaking, consider to be "alright". In my experience, the ones who need online chatting won't go away willingly anyways and would happily get a new chat programme (e.g. Discord) to keep in touch. The ones who leave usually do so in order to focus on more important things, and that's good! They even come back on occasion! (Like you, Symmage!) :D

Yeah I don't know how it feels to go back to a game commuity after so long and it just feels so foregin wants you do come back. Though I have been part of games where the community has fallen off the radar completely and is forgotten. And the commutiy to me is the most important thing for a game to have for even though it might fade when delvopments stops or the devs go under the commuty keeps it alive for some people so that it isn't totally forgotten.

Besides I see no reason why you can't just try to fit in with the community that already here. Old commuity memebers always come back now and again.

Old forum threads and members! Where do I even start?

*Ahem* Back in early 2014 when I first joined the Freebird Games forums, the activity was little to none compared to this forum. There was thousands of old/archived threads about Quintessence: The Blighted Venom and other FB games. I was sad cos I had missed when the "Ask a Quintessence character" and other threads in their prime. Ofcoarse, this wasn't until after I played Quintessence. Still kinda sad though :/

Archived