When Players Ask Where is Base

Halfway through Winter, 5 new players spawn in and immediately ask where is base. Something about the way they are talking and joking, makes me suspect that they are a group of griefers (at least part of them).

So at first, I tell them to wait at portal and I'll come to pick them up. I don't do that and I hope the cold kills them off. They ask "Are you close?" and I tell them "I´m nearly there", when really I´m just chilling at base.

Unfortunately, they don't die and they keep asking where is base, getting angrier by the second.

Plan B.

I make my way to Portal to meet them. They've made a fire pit and have been surviving somehow near Portal. I lead the way to base. At least that's what I tell them, what I actually do is lead them the exact opposite way, into the middle of nowhere. 

Night approaches and I find a perfect place to set camp...I set a campfire right next to a Gigantic Beehive. The minute that night hits, I hammer the Beehive, awakening the bee queen, and then I run away with a torch. 

Literally, in less than a minute, everyone dies. 

So....Plan Beeeeeee worked great ;)

2 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

They've made a fire pit and have been surviving somehow near Portal.

So they managed to get a pickaxe and rocks, plus logs to make a fire pit in that short amount of time, or was a firepit already provided for them? Either way, they knew how to survive somewhat... though not as good as walking into the cold to make a living kind of deal yet...

Or you probably sent innocents to their dooms... O__O <3

ummmmm

A group of trollers came on. Like 5 of 'em.

They started a vote kick (so before the latest update) but were unsuccessful. We kicked them all off but they came back on. We did this 2 more times, but they were pretty resilient. So we just let 'em on.

*WHERES BASE*

*psst*

Nobody cares

And thus summer came.

They were still alive 'cuz they just so happened to know how the game worked and had built a small little base of their own near the portal.

And I was like;

Ok you got a base stop asking

*Spoilers*

Spoiler

They kept asking anyways

So this was mind-to me. They had just survived 15 days in their own makeshift base and they still wanted to know where the base was.

*sigh*

So, we did what we had to do.

Bring them into the caves and lure them into the ruins.

They somehow survived the nightmare cycle TWICE.

Now I was just mind-blown.

I came down to the ruins to see they were expertly farming nightmare fuel and ancient items.

So I guess they'd make a nice addition to the team?

And it's autumn now.

We finally let them into our base. I venture out to find them super-duper exceling. Aaaaand they had a Houndius Shootius.

By this time, we decided to ditch our base and move in with them.

Now that's a happy ending.

Except it wasn't, because they held a grudge against us for never showing base.

Toadstool made sure they never acted up again.

8 hours ago, Asparagus said:

So they managed to get a pickaxe and rocks, plus logs to make a fire pit in that short amount of time, or was a firepit already provided for them? Either way, they knew how to survive somewhat... though not as good as walking into the cold to make a living kind of deal yet...

Or you probably sent innocents to their dooms... O__O <3

I didn't think of that. I'm assuming now the fire pit was already there, cause the closest stones were pretty far away. 

When I host a game, I just make a base by the portal.  I make a firepit, alchemy engine, treasure chest full of tools (pickaxes, axes, and torches), a crockpot, and low cost season items (winter hat, thermal stone, straw hat, and umbrella).  This is so that they can have their own base and leave me alone.  I always check by the base to make sure it's in good condition and to maybe add some stuff to it.

Archived