The Lazy Explorer - Refuelable

I always thought of Lazy Explorer as a waste of orange gems & The Walking Cane (well it still can be used as one when it reachs 5% of durability but tought of it being 1 miss-click away from disappearance is annoying).

How about making it refuelable with nightmare fuel like Bone Armor & Shadow Thurible?

On 4/22/2017 at 6:36 AM, Missatan said:

I always thought of Lazy Explorer as a waste of orange gems & The Walking Cane (well it still can be used as one when it reachs 5% of durability but tought of it being 1 miss-click away from disappearance is annoying).

How about making it refuelable with nightmare fuel like Bone Armor & Shadow Thurible?

first, you can use deconstruction staff to get your cane back

second, you can get infinite amount of gems with killing dragonfly, finding in tumbleweed, mining rocks in caves (not infinite, but still), collecting drop from earthquakes, mining statues\resetting ruins

is that not enough for you?

3 hours ago, brbrmensch said:

first, you can use deconstruction staff to get your cane back

second, you can get infinite amount of gems with killing dragonfly, finding in tumbleweed, mining rocks in caves (not infinite, but still), collecting drop from earthquakes, mining statues\resetting ruins

is that not enough for you?

Is it logical that something made of indestructible item (Walking Cane) can be fully destroyed?

Orange gems that were enchanced with nightmare fuels can wear out - which could be refuelable in the same way.

3 hours ago, brbrmensch said:

finding in tumbleweed

0.02% chance and you need 2

"For those who don't like walking."

"Lazy Explorer" sounds more like "Lazy Grinder" this way.

1 hour ago, Missatan said:

Is it logical that something made of indestructible item (Walking Cane) can be fully destroyed?

you can't consume rock, rock doesn't burn, but can be eaten by some mobs, do you call flammable\items with durability\rotting destructible and other indestructible? then i'll tell you that every item can be consumed by lureplant. what i want to say is yes, it is logical to destruct item, made of indestructible ingredients. however i wouldn't mind that change - the miner hat gave you back a straw hat when reached 0% long ago.

what i do like is that you specifically pointed the way with lowest probability of getting gem and ignored 2 other regular ways (in fact, you need to get average 100 tumbleweed to get 2 gems)

1 hour ago, brbrmensch said:

you can't consume rock, rock doesn't burn, but can be eaten by some mobs, do you call flammable\items with durability\rotting destructible and other indestructible? then i'll tell you that every item can be consumed by lureplant. what i want to say is yes, it is logical to destruct item, made of indestructible ingredients.

Walking Cane can't be consumed by using, therefore none of us soaks Lazy Explorer in lureplant's gastric acid, so I don't know how it disappears unless it disintegrates into atoms after being unstable at 5%, but then I wonder how our characters & other items aren't affected by it?

however i wouldn't mind that change - the miner hat gave you back a straw hat when reached 0% long ago.

Better than nothing but still refuel option would be more convenient as it wouldn't require grinding and visiting Ancient Pseudoscience Station.

what i do like is that you specifically pointed the way with lowest probability of getting gem and ignored 2 other regular ways (in fact, you need to get average 100 tumbleweed to get 2 gems)

Each time you have 99.98% chance to get something else, so it's all up to RNG Gods.

Also I summed everything else that it feels more like grinding than exploring when you need to craft it from the scratch every time.

Lazy explorer - was just another useless thing in DST(DS). It was too expensive and senseless to use it :D .

Good suggestion, but It's another situation right now: I think there's reasonable application today: Atrium. You don't need lazy explorer anywhere else.

Considering the ruins reset mechanic and the dragonfly... I don't really see a point when orange gems are renewable now. Orange gems, just like every other type of gem, is a consumable resource. Your primary argument here is comparing the lazy explorer's durability to the walking cane's lack of durability. And to that I say: Just make another cane. I mean it's not like tusks are used for much else.

Archived