It seems that tomorrow is the first year of official operation of DST?

pv0i1A2.png
Exactly one year today since dst officially launched,  time goes by so fast...

You're right It would be nice if they could give us something, even a small thing,
just something to show us their appreciation for how successful the game has been during this whole year that passed (:
But skins and such take time to be made and tested, so i wouldn't count with it and they gave us ANR just some time ago,
so I guess it's fine d:

It would be cool though if we could at least receive a message from the devs thanking us for playing their game for one whole year!

30 minutes ago, Picklesaurus said:

You're right It would be nice if they could give us something, even a small thing

Ya know what they could do? Add the rose collection to steam and formal collection to Tencent. I mean the assets are already made and ready to go... so why not?

3 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Ya know what they could do? Add the rose collection to steam and formal collection to Tencent. I mean the assets are already made and ready to go... so why not?

You see there is one problem with that. One Problem and the problem is.

Spoiler

ITS SOMETHING WE WANT!!!!!

1 hour ago, JohnWatson said:

Don't Starve Together's birthday is  around the eleventh of December. Maybe earlier if you consider the closed beta.

And we could go even farther if you consider the alpha stages or even the proof-of-concept. Although, it might just be easier to go with the official release date as being DST's birthday. We can just consider everything before that as the gestation period. And that last sentence sounded really weird seeing as we're talking about a piece of software...

2 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

And we could go even farther if youwonsider the alpha stages or even the proof-of-concept. Although, it might just be easier to go with the official release date as being DST's birthday. We can just consider everything before that as the gestation period. And that last sentence sounded really weird seeing as we're talking about a piece of software...

We could say the the open beta, when it was available to the public, is Don't Starve Together's birth (11th of December) if it was just gestating during the closed beta and alpha stages. Open beta stage was when it was learning to talk and taking its first steps.

2 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

We could say the the open beta, when it was available to the public, is Don't Starve Together's birth (11th of December) if it was just gestating during the closed beta and alpha stages. Open beta stage was when it was learning to talk and taking its first steps.

then it fell over on Willow, who's going through reconstructive surgery

9 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

This argument could be made for why they never did this to begin with. Or why they have never done this at any second of any hour of any day since they first released both sets.

Only purpose it serves is by making an exclusive skin set for Tencent it makes them look much more attentive since they specifically went out of their way to add a special one for it. That's the only purpose it serves, highlighting their attention to that console specifically instead of updating them both in the same way.

So basically each console is locked out of one skin collection because of politics.

42 minutes ago, The Curator said:

So basically each console is locked out of one skin collection because of politics.

Console?

Tencent, is a big competitor of Steam (in terms of numbers, if they're going to expand at the rate they are already at...) providing each one with something unique would be a good thing in terms of sales, though it WOULD be even better if there, Idk was an event that could bring both skins together... maybe when they can make DST cross-platform and make the console version(s), and PC (Steam/Tencent) be able to join each other's servers... the maybe they can finally make both skin collections available to each other...

5 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

maybe when they can make DST cross-platform and make the console version(s), and PC (Steam/Tencent) be able to join each other's servers... the maybe they can finally make both skin collections available to each other...

They've said this was something they'll look into someday... I have no idea how Klei would get it to work so I wouldn't count on it.

Just now, Astroknot said:

They've said this was something they'll look into someday... I have no idea how they would get it to work so I wouldn't count on it.

I'm aware... ergo the triple threat of bold, underline and italic... well they've got great guys up there... well, it'd be up to Sony, Tencent, and Valve tho... if they can agree on stuff and share resources... then maybe... but that does sound a bit... extreme... to be doing it for just this one game... well I mean I love DST but IDK if it has enough influence... IDK <_<

1 minute ago, Asparagus said:

I'm aware... ergo the triple threat of bold, underline and italic... well they've got great guys up there... well, it'd be up to Sony, Tencent, and Valve tho... if they can agree on stuff and share resources... then maybe... but that does sound a bit... extreme... to be doing it for just this one game... well I mean I love DST but IDK if it has enough influence... IDK <_<

I think It would require to large of a collaboration, its a very ambitious task for an indie game, which is why I don't think Klei would go through with doing it. They would have be a collaboration with Microsoft too, due to the incoming XBOX One release. So even more unlikely with four different companies.

7 minutes ago, Astroknot said:

I think It would require to large of a collaboration, its a very ambitious task for an indie game, which is why I don't think Klei would go through with doing it. They would have be a collaboration with Microsoft too, due to the incoming XBOX One release. So even more unlikely with four different companies.

Yep... but we can't discount the possibility of Klei paving the way for cross platform games to be a thing... if they somehow do <_<

**inb4 they're already sacrificing more and more potatocups for the cause...**

1 hour ago, Destros09 said:

Ohhh curator saw someone say rose skins buy your war bonds and popcorn because here comes the triggerfest flamathon

Really, because you seem to be the only one triggered or flaming here. Ironically.

58 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

Console?

By all means insert an alternative word. Program, platform, medium, site.

Archived