My ideas for the Skin System to be revamped.

4 skins a week sucks. 9 skins for 1 sucks. Exclusive skins suck. Proof of Purchase is... eh...

So I propose this!

Make it so you can get a maximum of two skins per day, perhaps one in AM, one in PM? - 14 a week may sound like a lot, but it's effectively like... 5 when you factor in the Trade Inn.

Make Loyal, Timeless and Proof of Purchase tradable/marketable.

Make it possible to get a Loyal from the Trade Inn by using 9 Elegant

Make Timeless be 9 Loyals or a rare chance from 9 Elegant

Add the Rose Skins to Steam

Add the Formal Skins to Tencent

There ya go.

Here comes the hate.

no real need  loyals arent  even worth timeless is only tragic and potatocup and the ancients now  proofs are always available  you cant get the seasonal items anymore  and if there is a skin you really want you can already buy it rather than trading for it or waiting for drops. so no real need to change other than adding those other faces heh

1 hour ago, EsaiXD said:

no real need  loyals arent  even worth timeless is only tragic and potatocup and the ancients now  proofs are always available  you cant get the seasonal items anymore  and if there is a skin you really want you can already buy it rather than trading for it or waiting for drops. so no real need to change other than adding those other faces heh

Proofs aren't always available.

Items get discontinued, store closes, limited edition items, etc.

Makes more sense to make them tradable/marketable. You don't want to? Well don't then. :p

Timeless is only puzzle skins where you have to solve the puzzle to get them. Loyal is turning in a code such as (Proof of purchase items or DLC skins) and or participating in an event such as Valentine's Day or Early Access

The definition of Loyal: Giving or showing firm and constant support or allegiance to a person or institution. Making the Loyal skins tradable and marketable will kinda destroy the purpose of the tag "loyal"

Loyal skins = Thanks from Klei                         Timeless skins = Rewards for doing stuff

6 minutes ago, PillsStealer said:

Timeless is only puzzle skins where you have to solve the puzzle to get them. Loyal is turning in a code such as (Proof of purchase items or DLC skins) and or participating in an event such as Valentine's Day or Early Access

The definition of Loyal: Giving or showing firm and constant support or allegiance to a person or institution. Making the Loyal skins tradable and marketable will kinda destroy the purpose of the tag "loyal"

Loyal skins = Thanks from Klei                         Timeless skins = Rewards for doing stuff

I wouldn't say Loyal is the same as Proof of purchase since they are separated 

I think the the skin system is ok

I don't see a need of seeing Timeless,Loyal or proof of purchase being marketable or tradable kind of ruins the point of earning it yourself, plus people can just overprice them and try to scam people

9 Elegant items to get a Loyal seems pretty dumb like so much cash wasted on a item you can just earn easily or by just logging on. Proof of purchase items being tradable is somewhat nice but then thats like saying you only bought the code just to make profit or somewhat and not care about it, like TF2 I have a Spycrab plushie but didn't got the code, either way did I wanted a code (to be honest it would have been nice but they didn't even sent me a email about the code :c), in the end I got a Spycrab plushie which is cute and nice to have, Hear me out in this one,  A good idea is adding promotional items or skins from other games which would be pretty neat to see in DST 

4 skins a week is pretty balanced than 14-15 you can have a high chance of getting a elegant which Elegants are mean't to be rare and not common. I can understand you on the Trade inn but then you can get common skins pretty damn cheap and trade them in which sometimes is nice to own a new skin. 

1 hour ago, MrDeepDarkmind said:

I think the the skin system is ok

I don't see a need of seeing Timeless,Loyal or proof of purchase being marketable or tradable kind of ruins the point of earning it yourself, plus people can just overprice them and try to scam people

9 Elegant items to get a Loyal seems pretty dumb like so much cash wasted on a item you can just earn easily or by just logging on. Proof of purchase items being tradable is somewhat nice but then thats like saying you only bought the code just to make profit or somewhat and not care about it, like TF2 I have a Spycrab plushie but didn't got the code, either way did I wanted a code (to be honest it would have been nice but they didn't even sent me a email about the code :c), in the end I got a Spycrab plushie which is cute and nice to have, Hear me out in this one,  A good idea is adding promotional items or skins from other games which would be pretty neat to see in DST 

4 skins a week is pretty balanced than 14-15 you can have a high chance of getting a elegant which Elegants are mean't to be rare and not common. I can understand you on the Trade inn but then you can get common skins pretty damn cheap and trade them in which sometimes is nice to own a new skin. 

*Guess in the end we're all Humanz... 

(mindless sh*tpost commenting on how I like your profile pic, carry on)

Dont think this is a good idea. The 4 skins a week are fine, the 2 skins a day would just encourage more people to godmode for them.

Loyal, Timeless and Proof of Purchase should not be marketable or tradable, doing that wouldn't make them have that feel of ''Hey, I was part of this puzzle'' or ''I supported this company by buying this thing''. Plus, if they were tradable, they really wouldnt be considered Loyal, or a Proof of Purchase.

Loyal and Timeless skins should also not be available from the Trade Inn. Once again, they wouldn't really be considered Loyal or Timeless then. People would just be encouraged to buy skins to do trade inns for them, even if there was your 2 skins per day idea. Plus, Klei has made it so that you can only input Common, Classy and Spiffy skins so that skins as Elegants wont become too common.

Also, we are getting Rose collection, Tencent is getting Formal. Just dont worry about it.

Spoiler

Also, im bored so im doing something extra. If it was possible to do trade inns for Timeless skins like you suggested, if you started from scratch with only common skins, it would take 531441 commons to make one Timeless skin. Yup. (I might have gotten my math horribly wrong... or horribly right. I found one huge error right before i posted this, so maybe theres more? Please tell me if there are.) 

This is of course if you only had common skins from the start, and no skins of higher qualities.

44 minutes ago, bubben16 said:

Also, we are getting Rose collection, Tencent is getting Formal. Just dont worry about it.

If you think about it, literally, the last time we got a skin collection that we could keep, was exactly one year ago. It's been that long. There has to be a skin system change in the works.

1 hour ago, Mikeadatrix said:

If you think about it, literally, the last time we got a skin collection that we could keep, was exactly one year ago. It's been that long. There has to be a skin system change in the works.

It blows my mind that its been a year since the Triumphant collection came out. Wow. But yeah, a year. That gets me to understand a tiny bit more why people are so obsessed over the rose collection.

Skins are fine for me. With 4 a week i feel like i'm rewarded enough when i have time to play without feeling like i have to play because i'll miss skin otherwise, and this will happen with 2 skins a day.

Trade inn i don't care, i usually don't use it.

Loyal and Timeless should stay as they are. For some loyal skin, just offer a chance to have them time to time, like they did with cyclum torch puzzle.

The only thing I would like from skins is if the trade-inn required only 4 skins instead of 9 for one of at least a better tier.

@V2C could you and the rest of Klei consider this? You get 4 skins per week anyway, so, the inability to trade inn for so long and getting low tier skins when you do is a bit sad and grinding and makes the trade-inn something you're worse off than if you simply bought skins on the market.

Archived