Next update is?

45 minutes ago, silvan12312 said:

Next big update is  transposition shipwrecked to DST? 

Aw heck, if only.

Currently we don't know what the "next big update" will be or if that's coming anytime soon. Scroll through some of the other posts in this section for some insight into what might possibly be future content (maybe.)

19 minutes ago, minespatch said:

That and they're busy with ONI and Hot Lava. Klei is not just Don't Starve central.

Yeah! DST forum lately is either "When is next update?" or "Will Klei abandon DST now?".

Chill peeps.

30 minutes ago, minespatch said:

That and they're busy with ONI and Hot Lava. Klei is not just Don't Starve central.

ONI and Hot Lava? Are those the new DLCs or somthing? Awesome!/s

But yeah, everybody just needs to chill and let Klei do their thing. One day you're gonna log onto the forums and BOOM! A big ol update is gonna land. It's what happened with ANR. It's what happened with all the events; they just kinda happen!

DST is far from dead and I'm pretty sure they plan on supporting it for quite a while. Just don't expect updates every single week, especially after they worked their arses off for the past few months. Give them a while, they earned it! 

3 minutes ago, Ashkain said:

ONI and Hot Lava? Are those the new DLCs or somthing? Awesome!/

Nope, they're other games that Klei are working at the moment. Oxygen Not Included is already out to purchase while Hot Lava is currently under development(but there is a trailer if you're curious).

I don't think DST is dead, just the story of Don't Starve will keep going on, just kind of hard for a small company to juggle all these properties under a handful of people.

Just now, minespatch said:

Nope, they're other games that Klei are working at the moment. Oxygen Not Included is already out to purchase while Hot Lava is currently under development(but there is a trailer if you're curious).

I know, I was being sarcastic, hence the /s :D

Let Klei do their thing. Its not what the community expects. Remember that Klei Entertainment are still Humans, not some Robot that will do exactly as you ask of. (Seriously Everyone Needs to See this post, especially those who will ask, please guys, be patient)

Unless Klei has a backwards arse work system; most developers working on this game are exclusively working on it. Companies segregate their workers to handle multiple tasks, having the same people do multiple completely different things would just cause chaos and inconsistency.

Rose Collection and Winona are the main que'd up things Klei needs to do, which are known.

Fixing the voting system and buffing Willow are the main custom things the community pleads for.

This thread lacks some

Spoiler

ROSE COLLECTION

But currently there are no announced plans for any big content updates. Klei hasn't really said much or made an update after releasing their A New Reign trailer (which is said to be final one (not sure if by Klei themselves))

1 hour ago, Electroely said:

This thread lacks some

Reveal hidden contents

ROSE COLLECTION

But currently there are no announced plans for any big content updates. Klei hasn't really said much or made an update after releasing their A New Reign trailer (which is said to be final one (not sure if by Klei themselves))

It would be so cool if they worked with some other game company like they did with shipwrecked :p

3 hours ago, Cookiemies said:

It would be so cool if they worked with some other game company like they did with shipwrecked :p

Uh, no. IMHO (in my honest opinion), shipwrecked was a disaster of a DLC.

Having another game company work on the game will very likely invite the same results as shipwrecked; which were: The game felt more empty than the fallout series (which for fallout, is intended, what with it being a post-apocalypse game and all), many hardcore don't starve players complain that the art style doesn't fit in with main-line don't starve, progression takes forever without the seaworthy (because gold takes eons to get in SW in any usable quantity, whereas it is jokingly common in RoG/Vanilla), it's more "hold W for two days" than an uncompromising survival game, not to mention, from my experience with the DLC, it's laughably easy.

The absolute worst problem with trying to port SW to DST is how the seaworthy would work. The main advantage of SW was it's capability to link worlds, which many mega-base builders used to bring in the helpful resources of SW (Coffee) into RoG/Vanilla. For this to function in DST, this would require two larger servers. But it doesn't end there. if the host wanted the volcano with shipwrecked in addition to DST plus caves, then they would have to basically host 4 servers, a feat which is next to impossible with most servers, making it a restricted feature to high-end dedicated servers that can actually handle that massive strain without constantly crashing, let alone needing maintenance.

1 hour ago, Chaos2 said:

many hardcore don't starve players complain that the art style doesn't fit in with main-line don't starve

I don't have problem with most of the art. I like most of it, and some things will look a little strange in a classic DS but are ok in a tropical DS. The trees are great, the mussel rocks are nice, i like the turfs, the swamp is one of my favorite place. I mean, sure, it's a little sunny and all, maybe too for DS, but the art itself is nice and in the style.

Anyway, sadly i must agree about the others points. SW is empty, all island have only a small things on them and you have to travel in a lot of emptiness before finding something. I'm not sure it's because another studio worked on the game, maybe the idea itself has limitations that create a lot of the problems.

The art is the best thing about SW. I found myself hanging on for a few more seasons just because of how great everything looked during Mild. Because of land-bound water elements in particualr, it had a much richer palette for building beautiful bases (as opposed to just big bases).

4 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

The art is the best thing about SW. I found myself hanging on for a few more seasons just because of how great everything looked during Mild. Because of land-bound water elements in particualr, it had a much richer palette for building beautiful bases (as opposed to just big bases).

This, Shipwrecked to me has a pretty A+ design and overall "feel". I love tropical areas in games and Shipwrecked handles that perfectly with the weather, the music, the art and such.

But yeah, another studio helping to make another DLC would be pretty cool, as long as Klei oversee it and ain't afraid to patch it. Plus, think about the skins... (shipwrecked collection anyone?)

Archived