Possibility of seeing Maxwell's older cast?

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

That's what I'm thinking too. Kind of a shame the people who made this hasn't updated with contorted versions of the throne sitter yet. Might be a interesting idea to see the Triumphant skin actually have a purpose in single player mode.

Can you explain more what you mean?

5 hours ago, Donke60 said:

That wouldn't work as we see in I belive the First DST trailer all the characters come through the portal so they all have different worlds isolated from each other.

That would explain why the island keeps shifting and players forgetting their map after they die...

2 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

Can you explain more what you mean?

I just feel that you're onto something with the fact that Maxwell's NPC version is just a corrupted version of the throne sitter where the rel throne sitter is painfully used as a battery for the island. Just my theory though.

The skeletons you see around are definitely other "survivors" Maxwell brought in to try and rescue him (under the guise of fighting their way to his lair to _defeat_ him).  Maybe it's just me, but I kinda like it better if they're just...random people...and not anybody we actually know. Adds to the bleakness of it that way.

And I don't know the details of how it would work? but I too kinda get the feeling that the throne MUST have _someone_ in it at all times--preferably someone compatible--or else that whole world would fall apart. And I don't mean anarchy or even like, nature goes nuts and it starts snowing in summer I mean fall APART.  Like, into little fractured shards of broken reality.

You're welcome for that phrase, by the way.  : P

As to why they don't remember the Don't Starve world (I refuse to call it "the island", the ISLANDS of Shipwrecked are the islands and the vanilla/ROG/DST setting is clearly a continent!)* when they die...are we sure these ARE the same people?  Maybe each time the land restarts in a different configuration it's another split tlimeline?  Maybe they're duplicants or the like and don't have their last clone's memories?  Maybe we've got something along the lines of The Long Earth going on? I dunno...but I kinda don't think our characters are essentially immortal and keep forgetting their past lives.  I think these are whole new people we're seeing...

...Notorious

*But on the same planet.  When you get into the Seaworthy in singleplayer, I don't think it takes you into another _world_.  In story, I think it just bops you over a whole lot of _normal_ distance.  My dream is STILL to sail away from the right part of the edge of the mainland straight into the islands, all integrated and together...although I know why that can't ever happen.  Heh.

I just feel that you're onto something with the fact that Maxwell's NPC version is just a corrupted version of the throne sitter where the rel throne sitter is painfully used as a battery for the island. Just my theory though.

No no no Thats not what I wanted more detail on.

That's what I'm thinking too. Kind of a shame the people who made this hasn't updated with contorted versions of the throne sitter yet. Might be a interesting idea to see the Triumphant skin actually have a purpose in single player mode.

This do you mean that if I beat the game as Williow or Wolfgang that if I restarted the game I would see shadow Wolfgang greet me instead of Maxwell?

Because I don't think it would work like that so easily because William Carters transformation into Maxwell was a gradual one so to me the Triuphants were just time as if scenarios and none of there features really changed say fro the hair (Which for Wes just looks really really wet)

But given enough time like if came back after playing enougb you would see shadow (insert)
though the transformation wouldn't be immediate though you could battle that theory be saying the "survivor" use of the shadow manipulator and nightmare creatures already pre exposed them so the change would be faster.

The Maxwell which greets you on arrival/adventure mode and Maxwell which is found on the throne, reminds me of two personalities of Charlie we see in New Reign trailer. I don't think they seem to be aware of this "split".

Edit: Another thought which came to my mind: perhaps this could be linked to transformation Ancients seem to have undergone. Leaving behind old shells of themselves, to become something new. Like, how Maxwell became alike to his stage personality.

10 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Pretty sure it's implied that Wilson was not the only one. 

ONE = "We're not so different, you and I.",
            TWO =
            {
                ONE = "That's why I brought you here.",
                TWO = "That's why I brought all of them here.",
            },
            THREE =
            {
                ONE = "Oh, did you think you were the first?",
                TWO = "HA!",
            },
            FOUR =
            {
                ONE = "It's just that...",
                TWO = "I've become accustomed to winning.",

(these strings are unused but I'm pretty sure they are related to stuff Klei hasn't told us yet, like why exactly Maxwell brought people from the mortal world to the shadow's realm.)

Whether he's talking about the main cast or other people is up for debate (Wilson was most likely the last one captured before Maxwell was freed). But you have to remember Maxwell was in the DS world for at least 20 years before he captured Wilson, it's very likely he captured people even outside of the cast we play as.

Klei said that Wilson was taken before the others, iirc. So there were more before him.

3 hours ago, Lumina said:

One of klei member during DS beta as far as i know.

This makes me want a counter of deaths like the server on DS2 had showing you how many players died during the game launch though I'm sure its past a million by this point.

16 hours ago, Donke60 said:

This do you mean that if I beat the game as Williow or Wolfgang that if I restarted the game I would see shadow Wolfgang greet me instead of Maxwell?

If you do adventure again on the same world i think it's what happens if i remember , but he's not shadow.. just normal skin and looking afraid.

(don't clearly remember)

3 hours ago, Angibot said:

If you do adventure again on the same world i think it's what happens if i remember , but he's not shadow.. just normal skin and looking afraid.

Nope doesn't happen and can't happen with the current game system since your only greeted once at the start of a world you are right about him being afaid but thats only if you make it to the throne room again.

13 hours ago, AncientFuelweaver said:

Klei said that Wilson was taken before the others, iirc. So there were more before him.

Where did they say that?

Wilson was captured in the 1920's so it seems weird to me there would be a 20 year gap where Maxwell captured no one, yet there's skeletons and graves in the DS world already when Wilson showed up. It makes the most sense that he's last since he's the one that freed Maxwell. 

Plus:

ONE = "Oh, did you think you were the first?",
                TWO = "HA!",

17 minutes ago, PillsStealer said:

One thing I wanna know is who saved Webber and Wes. No one mentions Webber's previous death or Wes being trapped. Makes me wonder if another survivor, who is dead now, saved them.

Wilson would have saved Wes since he is the character who canonically went through the adventure door and freed Maxwell.

Archived