Puft anatomy

Hermaphrodite?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the puft is a hermaphrodite?

• yes
    • no

Here is a very much simplified version of how I think the anatomy of a puft might look and an explanation of how it might turn polluted oxygen into slime

20170415_022211.jpg

1. As you can see is it's stomach which is lined with tiny hairs that is uses to filter the microorganisms out of the polluted oxygen it then sucks all the nutrients out of them and all that's left is a chunk of slime which it then poops out

2. (sorry if the 2 is hard to find) This is its heart....    not much to say about this that most of you don't already know 

3. This is its brain. This is what makes it open door's

4. These are it's lungs it uses these to breathe 

5. This is its air bladder it stores air in here which it heats up and uses to flout 

Hopefully you people like this... and hopefully it inspires you to draw your own puft, hatch, or morb, anatomy:)  

TTFN!

P.S. this picture isn't finished yet (not sure if it will ever be finished) but hopefully I can finish it soon and if I update it I'll be sure to post it here

P.P.S. there is something hidden at the bottom of the page. But you'll have to wait because it's a surprise!

Um... I added three more organs... and changed a few things...

20170418_121819.jpg

6. This is its liver. The thing behind the liver is the gall bladder

7. This is its spleen it makes its blood cells and does other things I think. I know what you all must be thinking: this guy is crazy!!! doesn't he know the bone marrow makes blood cells?!?  And just so you know I do know that and the reason is because I thought the puft didn't have a skeleton and that it either had cartilage instead of bones (like a shark) or had nothing at all (like an octopus) I think it has a little to much shape to be an octopus so it probably has cartilage instead of bones. So I looked it up and found that in most animals that have cartilage instead of bones the spleen is responsible for making blood cells.

TTFN!

P.S. it's still not done yet

P.P.S. feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about something

I'm no biology major, but here's a few minor anatomy corrections you might consider:

- I don't feel a Puft needs both an air bladder and lungs. Having both is redundant only needing the air bladder. The Puft is basically a living Electroizer using contaminated air. When it breathes in contaminated air it separates the gas from the dirt particles, which go to the stomach to make slime, while the air goes into the bladder to separate the oxygen from the hydrogen. It keeps the excess hydrogen, which allows it to float, and expels the used oxygen that goes through it's blood system and out the stomach causing it to fart out slime. The reason Pufts keep the hydrogen is that their bodies can't process it just like dog with chocolate, but isn't lethal. I guess you can say Puft's are hydrogen intolerant.

- It's brain being so close to its ass concerns me. :) I'd switch the heart and the brain positions.

5 hours ago, vonVile said:

I'm no biology major, but here's a few minor anatomy corrections you might consider:

- I don't feel a Puft needs both an air bladder and lungs. Having both is redundant only needing the air bladder. The Puft is basically a living Electroizer using contaminated air. When it breathes in contaminated air it separates the gas from the dirt particles, which go to the stomach to make slime, while the air goes into the bladder to separate the oxygen from the hydrogen. It keeps the excess hydrogen, which allows it to float, and expels the used oxygen that goes through it's blood system and out the stomach causing it to fart out slime. The reason Pufts keep the hydrogen is that their bodies can't process it just like dog with chocolate, but isn't lethal. I guess you can say Puft's are hydrogen intolerant.

- It's brain being so close to its ass concerns me. :) I'd switch the heart and the brain positions.

Hmm... Maybe you should be the one designing this (I'm being serious)

P.S. I'm not changing where the heart and brain is 

On Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 11:45 AM, GamingBud said:

To digest air? Nah.

You don't understand, it doesn't digest air it filters stuff out of the air and digests that

And I still want to know what @vonVile thinks since their the biology major here :wilson_smile:  

On Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 6:36 PM, vonVile said:

Wait a minute... the electrolyzer uses water not air, oxygen, or any other gas.

I kinda wanna vote yes but ONI doesn't give us a lot to go off :p while having the ability to reproduce asexually makes sense, they could very well be a traditional reproducing species.

I understand it's more matter of opinion but I'm kinda unsure. Giving it's anatomy, perhaps it reproduces asexually... but where would it fit the organs? 0_0 Maybe it lays eggs?

On 4/20/2017 at 0:08 AM, aukingiii said:

@vonVile should it have a pancreas?

Yes, to process to nutrition out of the dirt in the air and control its metabolism. A Puft should be no different than a human on anatomy.

As for designing it, just keep doing it. A lobster has its urinary organ next to their face, so there really is no wrong way to design a Puft. Though you still need to explain why the brain is near the butt. :)

8 hours ago, vonVile said:

Yes, to process to nutrition out of the dirt in the air and control its metabolism. A Puft should be no different than a human on anatomy.

As for designing it, just keep doing it. A lobster has its urinary organ next to their face, so there really is no wrong way to design a Puft. Though you still need to explain why the brain is near the butt. :)

I thought so!!! Also did you not notice me mentioning you or were you just ignoring me.

Funny you should mention it: I have a BSc. and I majored in biology. *insert shameless humblebrag*

I went more for the entomology, botany and genetics side of things, though. I can provide little tidbits of what I know if you'd like me to but to be honest, VonVile pretty much has it nail on the head: there really is no wrong way to design a puft. It's an alien species, so have fun with it!

Archived