Whirlpools

Nickdy

I haven't posted anything on these forums for a very long time, but im back for some reason. 

I think a cool and hip idea for shipwrecked would be to add whirlpools. These would spawn similarly to caves, and slowly suck the player towards them in the ocean. Upon entering the whirlpool, the character would be spit out upside down through a swirling pool into the area. The area would be like a cave, but underwater themed. Exiting the cave would involve the character jumping back into the pool, and being spit back out into nearby water.

A little more outlandish, but perhaps the character could find an item in these caves (maybe turn them into a murfolk) that would allow them to walk under water into an aquatic themed biome mirroring the water parts of the world. This would probably be a ton of work though, and could be an expansion in itself. Maybe call it "The Abyssal Depths"

A new dungeon for Shipwrecked could be nice, but if we wanted Caves again, we could hop over to RoG. Might I suggest building an idea for whirlpools without the Caves in mind? This idea has some great potential, but I think players in Shipwrecked are looking for something new, and something that isn't just a flat, small surface area with a giant pit of fiery death in the middle.

Archived