DST Forums Steam Group

Maybe this exists, but it doesn't seem like it does especially considering no body has ever mentioned something like this.

Anyways. Klei Official Servers, in a word, suck. And joining regular Steam groups is somewhat of a trial. They're either too huge or too small, everybody is a stranger, and the larger a group is the less keen the authority usually is. And then there's elitism.

So, proposing the idea that a special Steam group be made exclusively for forum members to connect with each other. Unless you're some kind of negative psychopath that really hates the Metheus puzzle, generally everybody is very okay with everybody else here. So having a dedicated group for people who have been on the forums for a decent enough time would really help people to connect in-game. Because you've probably already seen most people posting on the forums, which is a decent ice-breaker for joining and meeting players. Also would help encourage actual teamwork and communication, seeing as many people default to being very antisocial when they play.

Even if the group didn't have its own dedicated servers, even just being able to find people to play with on their own hosted servers based on having seen them on the forums; is far better then experiencing the agony of the Official Servers. Or risking things with random other servers. And having a group of people that relatively know each other would vastly cut down on harassment. 

Although at this point, Klei should be appointing prominent forum members as admins for the Official Servers to help keep some peace; but either way.

Any interest at all in this?

Can work on getting something started when enough people have accumulated, if you like this idea; try recommending it to other forum members to help spread the word.

The Group Has Been Made

The name is Wilson's Wonderland, a page shall be made in the Steam Groups subforum representing it.

If you are interested in joining, message @Tylordian on the Klei Forums. 

2 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Unless you're some kind of negative psychopath that really hates the Metheus puzzle, generally everybody is very okay with everybody else here. 

Lol

Anyways, this is a great idea! People on the forums could test ideas I'm game and also we already know eachother, it would be like a mostly functional family!

3 hours ago, The Curator said:

Maybe this exists, but it doesn't seem like it does especially considering no body has ever mentioned something like this.

Anyways. Klei Official Servers, in a word, suck. And joining regular Steam groups is somewhat of a trial. They're either too huge or too small, everybody is a stranger, and the larger a group is the less keen the authority usually is. And then there's elitism.

So, proposing the idea that a special Steam group be made exclusively for forum members to connect with each other. Unless you're some kind of negative psychopath that really hates the Metheus puzzle, generally everybody is very okay with everybody else here. So having a dedicated group for people who have been on the forums for a decent enough time would really help people to connect in-game. Because you've probably already seen most people posting on the forums, which is a decent ice-breaker for joining and meeting players. Also would help encourage actual teamwork and communication, seeing as many people default to being very antisocial when they play.

Even if the group didn't have its own dedicated servers, even just being able to find people to play with on their own hosted servers based on having seen them on the forums; is far better then experiencing the agony of the Official Servers. Or risking things with random other servers. And having a group of people that relatively know each other would vastly cut down on harassment. 

Although at this point, Klei should be appointing prominent forum members as admins for the Official Servers to help keep some peace; but either way.

Any interest at all in this?

Actually these types of groups pop up all the time on the fourms though they are private small occasions. Most active forum members I know use discords for DST as it is faster communication and you feel like a slight family. For DST forcused discords anyway. Though I don't hate the idea of a steam group for forum members. For who should police it and the qualifactions as many forum members are silent and just browse the forums.

Also I feel like the need your listing has already been filled using other means

Though it is not a bad idea I would like more specifics. 

3 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

Actually these types of groups pop up all the time on the fourms though they are private small occasions. Most active forum members I know use discords for DST as it is faster communication and you feel like a slight family. For DST forcused discords anyway. Though I don't hate the idea of a steam group for forum members. For who should police it and the qualifactions as many forum members are silent and just browse the forums.

Also I feel like the need your listing has already been filled using other means

Though it is not a bad idea I would like more specifics. 

Problem with Discord is if you don't have it or don't prefer it you are somewhat left out. Steam is a medium every person will have, typically.

The group would not necessarily be for chatting but connecting. Or at least that would be the main draw. Discord is a concentrated thing a Steam group would be a constant available list and hub of players who are reliable forum members to connect with people.

The group would not necessarily be for chatting but connecting. Or at least that would be the main draw. Discord is a concentrated thing a Steam group would be a constant available list and hub of players who are reliable forum members to connect with people.

Just handling of the stream group and how it choose who is invited or not is my only real main concern.

3 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Problem with Discord is if you don't have it or don't prefer it you are somewhat left out. Steam is a medium every person will have, typically.

We could make a steam group that has a respective discord chat. :}

3 hours ago, KoreanWaffles said:

Wes Supremacist Cult

Already got you covered big guy 
JOIN ME BECOME MY APOSTLE 

3 hours ago, Tylordian said:

Yes cause lord knows I need more DS centered dscord chats
I eat.,breath,sleep DS!
I think this is what they call an addiction not to sure. hehe

11 minutes ago, Tylordian said:

Would be fitting seeing as that is the popular medium at the moment.

11 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

Just handling of the stream group and how it choose who is invited or not is my only real main concern.

Handling would be just like any group, try to promote activity and make sure people aren't being stupid.

As for admission, would figure it would be for prominent people on the forums. So, any person who has been here long enough that they're decently known. Don't have to be popular or a veteran, just been around long enough that at least some people have a gauge for how reliable of a person you are. Or close friends of forum members. Inviting every single random from every bodies list would just turn this into another generic group but like, if you had a close respectable friend who was looking for a community you could be their reference.

Basically the foundation of it all would be, not just anybody joins the point is that the group is started by registered forum members and anybody else can join if they have reference that knows them well enough to confirm they'll be cool.

@Tylordian

The owner could just be an elected forum member, the most active and charismatic-whatever. Could have a vote if need be should enough people be gathered. From there all the prominent members that are willing could be made admins if any servers were made.

Basically the foundation of it all would be, not just anybody joins the point is that the group is started by registered forum members and anybody else can join if they have reference that knows them well enough to confirm they'll be cool.

Fair enough though I'll remain skeptical till I see the group in action

If we were to have a group, who would be the owner?

Well the curator came up with it so it should be him mostly likely unless he doesn't want the pressures of being in a leadership role.

Just now, Donke60 said:

Well the curator came up with it so it should be him mostly likely unless he doesn't want the pressures of being in a leadership role.

YOUR NEW GOD,

THE CURATOR 

Would be better off giving the role to a more well known and popular community member then just, the one that thought it up. Somebody at least a decent amount of people respect, which is where the vote comes in. Would need to gather a bunch of people though to begin with, spread the word. Maybe claim Winona got leaked or there's a new puzzle and then AHA, JOIN OUR GROUP.

1 minute ago, The Curator said:

YOUR NEW GOD,

THE CURATOR 

Would be better off giving the role to a more well known and popular community member then just, the one that thought it up. Somebody at least a decent amount of people respect, which is where the vote comes in. Would need to gather a bunch of people though to begin with, spread the word. Maybe claim Winona got leaked or there's a new puzzle and then AHA, JOIN OUR GROUP.

The Curator The Creator

Also we could make a poll for who the owner should be.

7 minutes ago, Tylordian said:

I could make a discord and a steam group if no one else wants to own it. I am pretty familiar with the forums, so I already know who would be great admins.

Anyways, for the preliminary stage think it would be best just to try to gather people to here. There are plenty of people on the forums but most of them only suddenly came out of their nests for the puzzle. Still should be plenty that are normally active, if any of you can reference people to here that would help. Will mention it in the original post.

1 minute ago, The Curator said:

Anyways, for the preliminary stage think it would be best just to try to gather people to here. There are plenty of people on the forums but most of them only suddenly came out of their nests for the puzzle. Still should be plenty that are normally active, if any of you can reference people to here that would help. Will mention it in the original post.

I don't want to do a mass tagging though, those seem really cringey. 

Just now, Tylordian said:

Nah just, any people you know really well on here maybe tell them about it. Spamming people will just annoy them, approaching the ones personally that you're used to talking to is much more smooth.

Still should be plenty that are normally active, if any of you can reference people to here that would help. Will mention it in the original post.

I already did my huge tag wall so I rather not I think I'm still on thin ice when it comes to mentions
it was a glorious tag wall though. 
Look up Wes balloonmancy emporium if you want to see it.

3 hours ago, cookiepersonofdoom said:

have been watching the forums before I even had a profile here Im alawsy watching ALAWSY

Aka can I be in? plz ._.

Well I guess it would help if you could make the text readable :3

3 hours ago, cookiepersonofdoom said:

have been watching the forums before I even had a profile here Im alawsy watching ALAWSY

Aka can I be in? plz ._.

Does this help?

Yes and as @The Curator said you being invited would be on recommendation of other forum members and you being active with a somewhat popular/Well known repuation for this is a group for active forum members that do quite a bit if i'm not mistaken.

1 minute ago, Donke60 said:

Yes and as @The Curator said you being invited would be on recommendation of other forum members and you being active with a somewhat popular/Well known repuation for this is a group for active forum members that do quite a bit if i'm not mistaken.

k I have been thinking of posting some of my art but idk where to do it on the forums :/

Archived