Need Ideas For Base Improvement

I'm in my 1st winter right now and I decided I would work on my base since I don't have a lot of gear to kill monsters, but I don't have many ideas. 

Here are photos of my base, my map and my farm.  I'm open to any suggestions. I also have two herds of five beefalo near my base and several rabbit traps.

My base has these in it:

- 2 drying racks

- 4 improved farms

- 2 crockpots 

- 1 thermal measurer

- 4 chests

- 1 alchemy engine

- 1 fire pit

I also found the pig king, a sinkhole and several living trees a short distance from my base.

I've only found 1 spider den so far and I destroyed it, so now I'm short on silk because I used it on a winter hat. I also basically wiped out the only tiny rock biome I found so that's a problem. 

Suggestions are welcome;I'm also open to possible relocation of my base too, though the only problems I have with where I am now are the two I mentioned above and I'm near the ocean so penguins are invading my base.

Also I'm in Pocket Edition.

IMG_1843.PNG

IMG_1844.PNG

IMG_1847.PNG

IMG_1848.PNG

IMG_1849.PNG

IMG_1851.PNG

I like having pengulls spawn near my base, I get tons of free ice.   After a while you get so used to them that you don't even know they are there.   I put down marble flooring so they always park outside my base.

Just now, TheKingofSquirrels said:

What are the walls for?

i was going to herd beefalo in there but then I learned they can break walls during mating season so now its just something I have that I dont know what to do with.

1 minute ago, Jade Wolfe said:

i was going to herd beefalo in there but then I learned they can break walls during mating season so now its just something I have that I dont know what to do with.

Not a total waste thought! You can use it as a pen for Koalefents or Volt Goats. 

Having animal pens can make a base look awesome, apart from being also useful for food. 

Not a total waste thought! You can use it as a pen for Koalefents or Volt Goats. 

Having animal pens can make a base look awesome, apart from being also useful for food. 

okay its nice to know there is still hope for all my wood and grass. Ill try to get Koalefents in there.

Good luck. If you have issues, just ask and I'll try to help.

Are you playing Reign of Giants. If Spring is coming, you need a Lightning Rod fast.

Okay thx a lot I'm not playing RoG but I do have two lightning rods 

Archived