Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Mr.Zubu

Creative Mode would be great.

Recommended Posts

Mr.Zubu    1

I would really like to be able to do a project without having to search all the items, when I already have them in my main save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stinktooth    54

Agreed.  I have used debug a little and it's cool, but it would be better as a user-friendly game mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eloy2030    25
5 hours ago, Stinktooth said:

Agreed.  I have used debug a little and it's cool, but it would be better as a user-friendly game mode.

oh, right.. i didn't think it through...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlexRou    212
11 hours ago, Stinktooth said:

Agreed.  I have used debug a little and it's cool, but it would be better as a user-friendly game mode.

Then start describing what would be "user-friendly". And how would it be different from debug mode. Cause everyone got different ideas of what "user-friendly" means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eloy2030    25
4 hours ago, AlexRou said:

Then start describing what would be "user-friendly". And how would it be different from debug mode. Cause everyone got different ideas of what "user-friendly" means.

well, that's why devs are devs and we are consumers!! XD

 

But, the current system is a little pain to use... I use it all the time, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlexRou    212
1 hour ago, eloy2030 said:

But, the current system is a little pain to use... I use it all the time, though.

Asking you to describe how is it a pain and if possible what you want to be done differently so that we can start talking about it. 

If you don't voice out what frustrates you then the devs will not know what to improve and how. Also once you start listing things then other people can come in and say if they find those equally frustrating and/or what other things frustrate them.

Simply saying it is a pain to use is like saying you want a better PC, well better how? cheaper? faster? quieter? more fps? longer lasting? smaller? bigger? etc....

Things you would think are better can and will be completely different from someone else's. Like for me, debug mode is useable enough for what it is meant for so I don't have much complains about it. They could maybe change the material name to match the ingame material name when drawing blocks but thats about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eloy2030    25
1 hour ago, AlexRou said:

Asking you to describe how is it a pain and if possible what you want to be done differently so that we can start talking about it. 

If you don't voice out what frustrates you then the devs will not know what to improve and how. Also once you start listing things then other people can come in and say if they find those equally frustrating and/or what other things frustrate them.

Simply saying it is a pain to use is like saying you want a better PC, well better how? cheaper? faster? quieter? more fps? longer lasting? smaller? bigger? etc....

Things you would think are better can and will be completely different from someone else's. Like for me, debug mode is useable enough for what it is meant for so I don't have much complains about it. They could maybe change the material name to match the ingame material name when drawing blocks but thats about it.

fair enough...

I think the main problem is mostly finding materials in the "Blocks tab" (oxygen, water, hydrogen)... Other than that it just doesn't feel very intuitive but i wouldn't know how to describe it.

 

edit: changed "fit" for "fair"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlexRou    212
Just now, eloy2030 said:

fit enough...

I think the main problem is mostly finding materials in the "Blocks tab" (oxygen, water, hydrogen)... Other than that it just doesn't feel very intuitive but i wouldn't know how to describe it.

What doesn't feel intuitive? The block painting UI or the shortcut names? Or something else?

Maybe you can try describing how you use debug mode and then point out when do you start feeling it is not intuitive or if something frustrates you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites