What Lies Beyond? [Spoilers]

5 hours ago, Cheetos said:

(Should throw a spoiler tag in your title).

It's hard to say for sure, the cave wall with the painting we used to solve things crumbles away once we solve it, revealing the atrium gate, and clicking the video reveal charlie picking up the rose from the Ancient Fuelweaver. The glimpses seen inside the gateway do seem like a figure (Winona? Wilson? Potentially nobody?).

My guess would be a hint at the upcoming DLC content with the new character, perhaps charlie will let her out. It does seem to imply that charlie is on the side visible to us through knocking down this cave wall, she is on the side of the gate that we play on, also a fairly logical assumption since the fuelweaver loot was on the ground, which is only possible if we were there.

So who is charlie going to let come through there? new boss or new character?

Hide contents

f6820b9817e14261a2d5c1a37b51336a.png

Is the wall actually suppose to break down? It hasn't done that for me, just played the video.

Assuming the supposed 13 is significant, fingers crossed something big happens tomorrow. 

Personally all I could ask for is :

1.  Access to the other side of the portal, leading to some spooky new area. I would still be happy even if it weren't some special Charlie boss fight.
  2.  Winona pls

If you've got an issue with the wall not disappearing, all you've got to do (As Zek said before) is just force refresh by holding the Shift key and pressing F5! It's apparently a caching issue on the site... I've been told that Klei's trying to fix it though! :)

3 minutes ago, Fidooop said:

If you've got an issue with the wall not disappearing, all you've got to do (As Zek said before) is just force refresh by holding the Shift key and pressing F5! It's apparently a caching issue on the site... I've been told that Klei's trying to fix it though! :)

I have tried this but, sadly, it didn't work.

2 minutes ago, Fidooop said:

That is not a fix all. Have tried it multiple times and it did not fix the page.

The solution does not need to be repeated when it was already just said before.

Especially when this is not the point of the thread.

9 minutes ago, Canal_WP said:

I have tried this but, sadly, it didn't work.

Are you able to click on the wall in the back to bring up the video? If not then you probably experienced an issue when solving the third part of the puzzle ingame... But if you can bring up the video then maybe try CTRL+F5? v( '-'  )v

4 minutes ago, The Curator said:

That is not a fix all. Have tried it multiple times and it did not fix the page.

The solution does not need to be repeated when it was already just said before.

Especially when this is not the point of the thread.

He was just helping out people who's puzzle's are bugged, chill the f-ck out man. If you're even capable of that...

Just now, Chris1488 said:

He was just helping out people who's puzzle's are bugged, chill the f-ck out man. If you're even capable of that...

Yes and the spam of people looking for help is spilling out onto the thread just because it shares the topic. Derailing it. Get over yourself.

One reply-to-be-given has now been consumed.

6 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Yes and the spam of people looking for help is spilling out onto the thread just because it shares the topic. Derailing it. Get over yourself.

One reply-to-be-given has now been consumed.

First off, stop acting all high-and-mighty, it's pissing me off. It's related because without that help @Fidooop was trying to give, people with bugged finishes to the puzzle won't be able to see the "What Lies Beyond?" video firsthand in the first place.

14 minutes ago, Fidooop said:

Are you able to click on the wall in the back to bring up the video? If not then you probably experienced an issue when solving the third part of the puzzle ingame... But if you can bring up the video then maybe try CTRL+F5? v( '-'  )v

I can't watch the video by clicking the wall. My whole puzzle reseted, seems like I haven't even done it before.

7 minutes ago, Canal_WP said:

I can't watch the video by clicking the wall. My whole puzzle reseted, seems like I haven't even done it before.

In that case you'll need to completely redo everything with your partner. Klei put out a fix on the metheus site that should have working properly but just to be sure, have both yourself and your partner exit out of the metheus website before doing the ingame segment of the puzzle... (After closing the chest, the character will still say it was rejected but the chest won't spit anything out. If this happens then you successfully redid the 3rd part) After all that's done you can reopen metheus and you should be able to click on the background to open up the video! If that's possible and the wall still looks like the mural then just hit Shift+F5 ;)

3 minutes ago, Fidooop said:

In that case you'll need to completely redo everything with your partner. Klei put out a fix on the metheus site that should have working properly but just to be sure, have both yourself and your partner exit out of the metheus website before doing the ingame segment of the puzzle... (After closing the chest, the character will still say it was rejected but the chest won't spit anything out if this happens then you successfully redid the 3rd part) After all that's done you can reopen metheus and you should be able to click on the background to open up the video! If that's possible and the wall still looks like the mural then just hit Shift+F5 ;)

The only problem is my partner won't be able to redo the puzzle until, God know when, it's tests week at our college, so.

Just now, Canal_WP said:

The only problem is my partner won't be able to redo the puzzle until, God who when, it's tests week at our college, so.

You can still do the puzzle with other people even after having completed it with someone else! :)

Charlie took 1 damage when she picked up that rose... 

Spoiler

GUYS KEEP SOLVING THE PUZZLE OVER AND OVER SHE'LL TAKE 1 DAMAGE EVERY TIME! WE'LL TAKE CHARLIE DOWN EVENTUALLY AND MAKE ROOM FOR A NEW RULER!

Spoiler

The new rulers name is Skeletonious.

6 minutes ago, DimWhat said:

Charlie took 1 damage when she picked up that rose... 

Hide contents

GUYS KEEP SOLVING THE PUZZLE OVER AND OVER SHE'LL TAKE 1 DAMAGE EVERY TIME! WE'LL TAKE CHARLIE DOWN EVENTUALLY AND MAKE ROOM FOR A NEW RULER!

Hide contents

The new rulers name is Skeletonious.

Charlie is immune to roses since she's the only one with a brain good enough to know that she shouldn't put her fingers on the thorns (as seen in the video).

To add on to the thirteen thing.

• Thirteen found on wall.
  • Thirteen potential notched runes.
  • Thirteen ancients with holes in them.
  • On the thirteenth update the puzzle became interactable
  • 13th is tomorrow, Thursday. Klei's usual update day.
  • Currently 12 character select options (including random). If we got another. That'd be 13. - Credit to @Fidooop

18 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

• Currently 12 character select options (including random). If we got another. That'd be 13. - Credit to @Fidooop

inb4 tomorrow Klei releases hotfix #13131313131313131313131313

• Fixed bug causing Winona not to exist
  • Fixed long-time standing bug that caused Roseate skins not to drop
  • Fixed bug causing Ancient skin collection not to drop
  • Fixed bug causing the portal to the new boss not to work

28 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

All this mostly proves is that the new character is going to be wearing a hockey mask.

Archived