What Lies Beyond? [Spoilers]

Those who finished the Metheus puzzle, and got lucky, would find this video from clicking on the new background of the Metheus page.

It is basically saying what is already known, that something is going to happen with the portal and Charlie is involved.

Through the portal there appears to be what may look like a mountain-esque shadow landscape.

As well as this.

1492008678_Character.PNG

1492008678_Character.PNG

Which looks like the side profile of a person, possibly the leaked future character;

Left over from the Metheus puzzle, seemingly, is this;

58e8ede9eec66_Trailer1.png.da943bf947ca69bbe614f1446c8538cc.png

Perhaps it is a clue to using the new cane skin to accomplish something.

The number thirteen was also found on the Metheus wall, that day is very close.

And there is also the strange audio that plays on the Metheus page in general.

Thoughts, comments? Etcetera.

Well the 13th is Thursday, the day Klei normally update, so I agree with that part, the audio I think is probably nothing (purely atmospheric), but of course this is entirely speculatory. The key-staff-dark could quite possibly be something and yes IMHO Winona  (Incorrect spelling?) seems logical as the Ancient Gateway can only serve 2 functions (as an exit or an entrance, but of course maybe both). I know this doesn't advance any thought process but if common perception is coherent and consistent then it's not just stabbing in the dark at least. 

The question is... will this be another content update? OR will it be a whole new DLC? (like RoG)

I'm leaning more towards it likely being a new DLC, cause we already had "A New Reign" which was a quite content-heavy free update. Plus it being a DLC could mean more then one new character, as I'm still hopeful that at least one more of the unimplemented cast will be added to the game.

I could be wrong though... it might just end up as another big set of content updates, as there is some stuff found in the files (or through other means.) during "A New Reign" were never implemented, such as pets growing up (implied), excusive weapon drops for stage 3 Shadow Chess Pieces, Rose Collection, etc.

Basically, DST isn't done yet, and there is still a lot to look forward too.

1 minute ago, Astroknot said:

The question is... will this be another content update? (unlikely in my opinion) OR will it be whole new DLC? (like RoG)

I'm leaning more towards it likely being a new DLC, cause we already had "A New Reign" which was a quite content-heavy free update. Plus it being a DLC could mean more then one new character, as I'm still hopeful that at least one more of the unimplemented cast will be added to the game.

I could be wrong though... it might just end up as another big set of content updates, as there is some stuff found in the files (or through other means.) during "A New Reign" were never implemented, such as pets growing up (implied), excusive weapon drops for stage 3 Shadow Chess Pieces, Rose Collection, etc.

I would expect another content update, not a whole new DLC (yet) as it feels ANR has only been ongoing for about 6 months (?) which doesn't seem enough time to conclude it (especially with us basically having no idea what Charlie is up to) Why would Klei make ANR and not even have the main antagonist explored more?

OR will it be whole new DLC? (like RoG)

It would be unusual though considering that Don't Starve is over, so to speak. Shipwrecked was two years ago nearly, the game itself is no longer in its zeitgeist. It likely only has a fraction of the total consumer population it used to have. No numbers to back that up but again, the game is getting on in its years. 

A New Reign is basically the post content Klei put some developers on to give the Don't Starve community a reason to keep playing. Instead of just leaving it to wither. Winona is just one small thing compared to an entire content expansion, would not think Klei as a company has enough priority in this game to release another paid addition; and expect they will profit.

Would be really cool though if the expansion was like Shipwrecked, but instead it is a mini-world you access using the portal.

At least then the expansion would actually contribute to the health of the game, instead of Shipwrecked which added nothing.

The question is... will this be another content update? (unlikely in my opinion) OR will it be whole new DLC? (like RoG)

I would expect another content update, not a whole new DLC (yet) as it feels ANR has only been ongoing for about 6 months (?) which doesn't seem enough time to conclude it (especially with us basically having no idea what Charlie is up to) Why would Klei make ANR and not even have the main antagonist explored more?

(Should throw a spoiler tag in your title).

It's hard to say for sure, the cave wall with the painting we used to solve things crumbles away once we solve it, revealing the atrium gate, and clicking the video reveal charlie picking up the rose from the Ancient Fuelweaver. The glimpses seen inside the gateway do seem like a figure (Winona? Wilson? Potentially nobody?).

My guess would be a hint at the upcoming DLC content with the new character, perhaps charlie will let her out. It does seem to imply that charlie is on the side visible to us through knocking down this cave wall, she is on the side of the gate that we play on, also a fairly logical assumption since the fuelweaver loot was on the ground, which is only possible if we were there.

So who is charlie going to let come through there? new boss or new character?

f6820b9817e14261a2d5c1a37b51336a.png

2 minutes ago, The Curator said:

It would be unusual though considering that Don't Starve is over, so to speak. Shipwrecked was two years ago nearly, the game itself is no longer in its zeitgeist. It likely only has a fraction of the total consumer population it used to have. No numbers to back that up but again, the game is getting on in its years. 

A New Reign is basically the post content Klei put some developers on to give the Don't Starve community a reason to keep playing. Instead of just leaving it to wither. Winona is just one small thing compared to an entire content expansion, would not think Klei as a company has enough priority in this game to release another paid addition; and expect they will profit.

Would be really cool though if the expansion was like Shipwrecked, but instead it is a mini-world you access using the portal.

At least then the expansion would actually contribute to the health of the game, instead of Shipwrecked which added nothing.

We wont know for sure until Klei has an official announcement. I guess now after thinking about, Klei just having another set of content updates to finish Don't Starve's story and to finish some of the loose ends of "A New Reign" seems a bit more believable then a full on DLC, but I can hope for more can't I?

54 minutes ago, Astroknot said:
39 minutes ago, Cheetos said:

(Should throw a spoiler tag in your title).

It's hard to say for sure, the cave wall with the painting we used to solve things crumbles away once we solve it, revealing the atrium gate, and clicking the video reveal charlie picking up the rose from the Ancient Fuelweaver. The glimpses seen inside the gateway do seem like a figure (Winona? Wilson? Potentially nobody?).

My guess would be a hint at the upcoming DLC content with the new character, perhaps charlie will let her out. It does seem to imply that charlie is on the side visible to us through knocking down this cave wall, she is on the side of the gate that we play on, also a fairly logical assumption since the fuelweaver loot was on the ground, which is only possible if we were there.

So who is charlie going to let come through there? new boss or new character?

Hide contents

f6820b9817e14261a2d5c1a37b51336a.png

Taking into account Charlie's obvious duality and how her indecision from the ANR trailer showed how when both parts of her personality conflict it was chaos and only when they both agreed on something did this stop. I think this implies that both parts of her personality have a common interest in the opening of the Gateway (i.e it benefits both parties) and I can't think of any reason the 'good' side of Charlie would want that appart from Winona.

A New Reign was the only really noted thing that would happen to Don't Starve Together in its post times. So with it over, it would be expected that Klei would announce their future plans. But all there has been so far is the Metheus Puzzle, which was needlessly drawn out for an extremely long time.

Hopefully now that it is over Klei is going to say something. Or release some new content that is going to properly indicate that they have future plans beyond A New Reign.

1 minute ago, The Curator said:

A New Reign was the only really noted thing that would happen to Don't Starve Together in its post times. So with it over, it would be expected that Klei would announce their future plans. But all there has been so far is the Metheus Puzzle, which was needlessly drawn out for an extremely long time.

Hopefully now that it is over Klei is going to say something. Or release some new content that is going to properly indicate that they have future plans beyond A New Reign.

ANR might be over in name but I think Charlie will remain as Shadow Queen for some time still yet. Maybe it's all just stalling for some major content, we need a full video not just the teaser they have released. 

I have vision in my mind, player can enter thru atrium portal, next level deeper inside cave

New biome, more nightmare, new boss, and civilization of darkness, more beyond ancient

So charlie lead us to fight this darkness source in their home

7 minutes ago, HINK said:

Probably this.

WleN7sC.png

I think we're going to need the cane to do something and then we're going to get another skin.

What were the previous theories on what the third symbol is?

The torch and staff are quite indicative of the two ancients from the murals. Perhaps the items can be used on the Atrium portal.

3 minutes ago, The Curator said:

What were the previous theories on what the third symbol is?

The torch and staff are quite indicative of the two ancients from the murals. Perhaps the items can be used on the Atrium portal.

12 minutes ago, HINK said:

Probably this.

WleN7sC.png

I think we're going to need the cane to do something and then we're going to get another skin.

its the key for the gate way

5 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Somebody could try operating the portal with both the cane and torch in their inventory, whether before or after the Fuelweaver is killed.

Or maybe a person wielding the cane and torch need to be present.

the game does not detect skins....unless its programed, so we need one of our miners to find something.

11 minutes ago, Nickolas2600 said:

I hope there actually is something more and not just us hoping for more. 

People generally seem to believe that the Metheus puzzle is over. Despite the fact that there are legitimate clues left that were never used throughout the entire course of it. The useless wall ended up being used to translate the symbols, eventually. So if that aspect of the puzzle worked backwords, no reason for the three symbols in the A New Reign trailer to also do such. Especially now that players have a new torch and cane.

Problem is, because people think the puzzle is completely over; most of them have stopped paying attention. Can't gather up any interest from people to investigate any of these things.

Still betting on a Don't Starve Together adventure mode featuring Charlie as the main villain rather than Maxwell. 

There's been talks of an expansion pack in this thread, whatever happened to Through The Ages by the way?

1 minute ago, AquaAtia said:

Still betting on a Don't Starve Together adventure mode featuring Charlie as the main villain rather than Maxwell. 

There's been talks of an expansion pack in this thread, whatever happened to Through The Ages by the way?

Some of the content planned from Through the Ages has already been released. It's a pretty loose concept of an expansion.

Explicit challenge modes would be a pretty awesome feature instead of just adventure mode.

Like servers settings that prohibit players from eating meat, or making it permanently rain. Big things that change how people have to play, shake up the meta.

Archived